Acrchie Manning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Acrchie Manning

It's a wonder when people discuss the Manning brothers' talent, they say, "It runs in the family."

Despite raising two fine quarterbacks, Archie Manning was not a fine quarterback himself. People completely miss that.

His career record is the worst in NFL history for quarterbacks with at least 100 starts. He went 35-101-3. That's not a misprint.

He also had a 67.1 QB rating and threw 173 interceptions compared to 125 touchdowns in his career. Ouch.

Here's the skinny on the fraud AM!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Acrchie Manning

Peyton is an outstanding QB, but Eli is Captain Average. Every once in a while he makes a good play and the media credits it to his name. Archie was ok, but the Saints team was an awful unit. It was not his fault the Saints suked ballocks. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Acrchie Manning:
    [QUOTE]Peyton is an outstanding QB, but Eli is Captain Average. Every once in a while he makes a good play and the media credits it to his name. Archie was ok, but the Saints team was an awful unit. It was not his fault the Saints suked ballocks. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Yes, Eli is just average, but Archie played on 2 teams an sucked on both. The real resentment is him sticking his nose in the draft of his 2.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Archie is a college legend in the south.

It's true he never did anything in the NFL, but that was largely a product of playing on horrendous N'awlins teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]Archie is a college legend in the south. It's true he never did anything in the NFL, but that was largely a product of playing on horrendous N'awlins teams.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

WELL, he's no legend here!!! He's a meddler an a fraud here!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Acrchie Manning :        WELL, he's no legend here!!! He's a meddler an a fraud here!!
    Posted by southnpatsfan[/QUOTE]
    I'm no smartie, but I am shocked by SPF's ineptitude here!!!

1.  Where is Archie meddling here???
    2.  Archie may not be a legend here, but the only reason he is even being discussed here is because SPF brought him up here.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

In Response to Acrchie Manning:
    [QUOTE]It's a wonder when people discuss the Manning brothers' talent, they say, "It runs in the family." Despite raising two fine quarterbacks, Archie Manning was not a fine quarterback himself. People completely miss that. His career record is the worst in NFL history for quarterbacks with at least 100 starts. He went 35-101-3. That's not a misprint. He also had a 67.1 QB rating and threw 173 interceptions compared to 125 touchdowns in his career. Ouch. Here's the skinny on the fraud AM!!
    Posted by southnpatsfan[/QUOTE]
     This is like saying Phil Niekro was not a fine pitcher.  The Saints have been called the Aints for good reason.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]I think Gomer Horseshoehead tripped over the Raiders five yard line.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

He just didn't want to get hit--and all the media defending him by saying he was running out the clock are lying. Everyone saw him slam the ball on the ground.  He was upset the defender caught up to him . . . it was obvious he wanted to get in the end zone, but wasn't willing to risk a hit.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Acrchie Manning : He just didn't want to get hit--and all the media defending him by saying he was running out the clock are lying. Everyone saw him slam the ball on the ground.  He was upset the defender caught up to him . . . it was obvious he wanted to get in the end zone, but wasn't willing to risk a hit.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

I, too, LMFAO when I heard the national media hores make vain attempts to show their self professed "knowledge" by excusing Mr Agility's going down inside the 5 yard line. Running out the clock? They were up by 5 points, but I guess a 12 point lead with less than 90 seconds remaining isn't sufficient enough for Old Horseface and his media simpletons.

There'll be an NFL inquiry into the Raid-uh's ground crew for piling up the chalk too high on the 5 yard line. That'll get "investigated" and resolved a whole lot quicker than Favre-Gate. Any takers?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Truth is we'll never know if Archie could have had more success in a different system. But as it played out, he was a solid player as a pro, not a HOFer by any means, but he had his moments. He played for a long time and made a couple of Pro Bowls, so he wasn't a failure like a lot of Heisman winners whose game didn't translate to the NFL. See Sullivan, Pat; Ware, Andre; Detmer, Ty; Torretta, Gino; Ward, Charlie and on and on.

Had he left New Orleans sooner for a better team, he could have had a Jim Plunkett type career revival. He had the talent.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I never saw him play, but I am pretty sure he was the victim of playing for the Saints.

Forget the record. He had no O Line, no RB and no WRs. 

He has essentially the opposite environment as compared to Gomer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]I never saw him play, but I am pretty sure he was the victim of playing for the Saints. Forget the record. He had no O Line, no RB and no WRs.  He has essentially the opposite environment as compared to Gomer.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

That is the case. The Saints were the biggest joke in football back then and there is no QB in the world that could have looked good on that team. That doesn't mean he would have been good if the team was better but we'll never know.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Acrchie Manning : I, too, LMFAO when I heard the national media hores make vain attempts to show their self professed "knowledge" by excusing Mr Agility's going down inside the 5 yard line. Running out the clock? They were up by 5 points, but I guess a 12 point lead with less than 90 seconds remaining isn't sufficient enough for Old Horseface and his media simpletons. There'll be an NFL inquiry into the Raid-uh's ground crew for piling up the chalk too high on the 5 yard line. That'll get "investigated" and resolved a whole lot quicker than Favre-Gate. Any takers?
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Until we hear from Manning, we'll never know, and I think both theories are reasonable.  1) no need for Manning to get hit.  2) Knowing that in the last 2 weeks the colts have given up a punt return and a kick off return, being up 12 is no guarantee of anything.  However, a first down with no timeouts for the opposition is a guaranteed win.  Remember.  Manning really is that smart.  Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Yeah, Archie is a classic example of a decent QB on an awful team.  Yeah, his stats are not good, but people around here have been talking about the uselessness of stats for many years...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Ah the Mannings...  Archie was a victim of very bad N.O. teams in those years.  Remember all those Saints fans in the stands with paper bags over their heads.  They invented that during the Manning years.  Not his fault.  He was okay.  Eli is terribly inconsistent and they are calling for his head in NYC.  Peyton is the real deal.  Sorry boys, he's a great HOF Q.B..  IMO, he's not as good a Brady and he never will be.  He's got one ring and he choked when he had the chance for a second.  He's not getting any younger and the Colts as a team are reaching the implode point, meaning they hav e rebuilding in their future too..  However, there will be no rebuilding and championship run at the same time as the Patriots are doing.  What the PATS are achieving this year is truly historic, you're rebuilding but while you do it, you suddenly are the best team in the NFL...  You can't make this stuff up. Nobody, except some here on this forum, was picking the PATS for anything this season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Acrchie Manning : Until we hear from Manning, we'll never know, and I think both theories are reasonable.  1) no need for Manning to get hit.  2) Knowing that in the last 2 weeks the colts have given up a punt return and a kick off return, being up 12 is no guarantee of anything.  However, a first down with no timeouts for the opposition is a guaranteed win.  Remember.  Manning really is that smart. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Watch what he did after the slide . . .  he slammed the ball on the turf and made one of his pouty faces. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

He might have been happy that they just won their 3rd game in a row.  Remember, the colts needed to win out to make the playoffs.  They did not know that the Jags had lost their game, so this was one more step. 

Again, no one knows until Manning speaks, but I've got to believe this was the same thing MJD did last year.  Remember after that game MJD apologized to fans who had him on their fantasy team. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]He might have been happy that they just won their 3rd game in a row.  Remember, the colts needed to win out to make the playoffs.  They did not know that the Jags had lost their game, so this was one more step.  Again, no one knows until Manning speaks, but I've got to believe this was the same thing MJD did last year.  Remember after that game MJD apologized to fans who had him on their fantasy team.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

LOL, don't you ever get dizzy, spinning like that?
    Manning acts unhappy faces when he's really happy? Sure...

and Santa reaklly did leave you presents.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]He might have been happy that they just won their 3rd game in a row.  Remember, the colts needed to win out to make the playoffs.  They did not know that the Jags had lost their game, so this was one more step.  Again, no one knows until Manning speaks, but I've got to believe this was the same thing MJD did last year.  Remember after that game MJD apologized to fans who had him on their fantasy team. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Of course, if he speaks now, we won't know if he's telling the truth, since there's been so much discussion about this play already. Maybe you're right and he was just pleased he won the game and the slam was like a spike  . . . but that's not what it seemed like to me watching the play.  Of course, he's a goober regardless . . . spiking the ball on a slide is sort of. . . I don't know . .  effeminate, don't you think?  The guy's a goober either way. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Ah the Mannings...  Archie was a victim of very bad N.O. teams in those years.  Remember all those Saints fans in the stands with paper bags over their heads.  They invented that during the Manning years.  Not his fault.  He was okay.  Eli is terribly inconsistent and they are calling for his head in NYC.  Peyton is the real deal.  Sorry boys, he's a great HOF Q.B..  IMO, he's not as good a Brady and he never will be.  He's got one ring and he choked when he had the chance for a second.  He's not getting any younger and the Colts as a team are reaching the implode point, meaning they hav e rebuilding in their future too..  However, there will be no rebuilding and championship run at the same time as the Patriots are doing.  What the PATS are achieving this year is truly historic, you're rebuilding but while you do it, you suddenly are the best team in the NFL...  You can't make this stuff up. Nobody, except some here on this forum, was picking the PATS for anything this season.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]
    I'd be interested in discussing this further (the rebuilding you suggest that the colts will be going through in the near future). 

Lets see -

Receivers - last year the colts introduced 2 new receivers into the mix that they went to the superbowl with.  This year they are playing with another new one (White) and a younger TE (Tamme) and a rookie blocking TE (Eldridge).  If Wayne and Clark go, will the colts be that bad off? 

RB - This area may need some work.  Donald Brown in his second year does not appear to be the player that Addai is, but has had some good games the last couple.  Mike Hart - 3rd 4th year player appeared to be a solid #2 back but has been out with an ankle much of the year. 

Oline - This area does need work.  I am not being fooled by the last 2 games that the colts line has held up well.  But, if they have really come around, then  Jeff Saturday (35) and Ryan Diem (31) are the only o-linemen over 26. 

D-line - Interior d-line is 27 or younger.  Exterior - Freeney (30), Mathis (29) and they drafted a player just like these guys in Hughes. 

LB - Brackett is 30, then every other significant LB is 26 or younger.  Colts drafted Brackett's replacement, Pat Angerer this year. 

DB - Sanders will be gone, then the oldest DB, Hayden, is 27.  All are younger. 

In my opinion, the colts have retooled on the run and constantly tried to balance youth and experience.  The oldest true impact player on the colts that I have concern about replacing is Saturday.  Otherwise, the colts, imo, are in pretty good shape currently and for the future.  A team simply cannot expect to have the same kind of success it previously had when so many key players are injured.  And by this, I don't just mean those out on IR.  The colts have had multiple players out of many games recovering from injury.  Further, their replacements have been injured to the extent that they have been held out of practice to recover in time to play the next game.  That really hurts continuity. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Acrchie Manning : Of course, if he speaks now, we won't know if he's telling the truth, since there's been so much discussion about this play already. Maybe you're right and he was just pleased he won the game and the slam was like a spike  . . . but that's not what it seemed like to me watching the play.  Of course, he's a goober regardless . . . spiking the ball on a slide is sort of. . . I don't know . .  effeminate, don't you think?  The guy's a goober either way. 

Iam sure that you are an original thinker and don't need any help developing an opinion, but when you saw that play, I am sure that you could not help but hear what Dierdorf was saying, which was that Manning went down so as to not get tackled and risk injury, which happens to be the arguement you are making (Dierdorfs). 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Acrchie Manning : Of course, if he speaks now, we won't know if he's telling the truth, since there's been so much discussion about this play already. Maybe you're right and he was just pleased he won the game and the slam was like a spike  . . . but that's not what it seemed like to me watching the play.  Of course, he's a goober regardless . . . spiking the ball on a slide is sort of. . . I don't know . .  effeminate, don't you think?  The guy's a goober either way. 
    Effeminate?  Manning?  Did a fan of Tom Brady, the sheep holding, cologne hawking, Ugg promoting QB of the Pats, just call any other QB effeminate?  Hilarious.  Even Brady's own teammates give him a hard time about his metro ways.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Acrchie Manning : Iam sure that you are an original thinker and don't need any help developing an opinion, but when you saw that play, I am sure that you could not help but hear what Dierdorf was saying, which was that Manning went down so as to not get tackled and risk injury, which happens to be the arguement you are making (Dierdorfs). 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Except Dierdorf was praising his intelligence and I'm calling him a goober.