A.D. goin to the Jets!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: A.D. goin to the Jets!

Oh I forgot:

Pass Def:   2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

how could you forget the pass deflections themightypatriotz!? With stats like that, I can't believe the Pats are letting this Beast of a linebacker go!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

why does everybody forget that Peas is gone?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

Can the jest even afford him under the salary cap? With all their off season signing, AD would probably have to sign for the vet's min. I'd think he'd have a better offer from teams not as close to the cap as the jest are.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: A.D. goin to the Jets!:
    Can the jest even afford him under the salary cap? With all their off season signing, AD would probably have to sign for the vet's min. I'd think he'd have a better offer from teams not as close to the cap as the jest are.
    Posted by NoahJustin

There is no cap this year. They are going to be stuck in a really tricky situation next year if there is a salary cap and an NFL. They have a lot of contracts up and a lot of players that will be looking for big contracts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Adalius blows. It's clear that he was a blitzer, like Sergio Kindle. The Pats need a pass-rusher, not a blitzer. Can't say I'll miss him, he was never a factor in NE. Watch out, Adalius is going to bring his 4, that's right people, 4 WHOLE SACKS, to terrorize the Pats! LORD, HELP US ALL!
    Posted by 49Patriots

You mean the Sergio Kindle that every pats fan wanted but Belichick did not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

AD represents everything that is wrong with pro sports. He signed a big contract with us and we all saw the results, He lost his hunger for the game and intensity for pressuring the QB. Just saying, so let him go sign with whomever, he is who is is and did what he did. There are plenty of guys in college ball whom can put it all on the line better than AD did for us. 

Wish yo luck in your future AD, really do. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

IT IS ALOMOST INCONCIEVABLE THAT THE NFL OWNERS WILL SIGN ANY CONTRCT WITH THE NFPA THAT DOES NOT CONTAIN A SALARY.IF THE NFLPA DIGS ITS HEELS IN WITH REGARD TO A SALARY CAP THEIR WILL BE NO CONTRACT AND HENCE,NO FOOTBALL...I BELIEVE THE NFLPA WILL TALK TOUGH ON THE ISSUE BUT HAVE TO KNOW THERE HAS TO BE A CAP AND WILL NEGOTIATE TO GET AS HIGH CAP AS POSSIBLE.REMEMBER,THE REAL IMPASSE OCCURRED WHEN THE OWNERS WANTED A SIGNIFICANT CUT IN THE PERCENTAGE OF REVENUE THE PLAYERS WERE RECEIVING NOT THE CONCEPT OF THE CAP ITSELF..THEY WOULD LOVE TO SEE A MULTI-YEAR WITH NO CAP BUT THEYHAVE TO KNOW IT CAN'T AND WON'T HAPPEN. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

In Response to A.D. goin to the Jets!:
    Looks like A.D. is headed to NY!  Another player for Brady to worry about.  This offseason has sucked! http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2251
    Posted by BBRULES23

OH DDDAAAYYYYYUUUMMMM!!!

The JETS are going to land AD?!?!  And he's been SUCH A STUD for the Pats over the last 2 years!  Now the JETS will be AWESOME!  Why would BB be so dumb and let him go???  (heavy sarcasm)

*crickets*

Oh, well maybe because he BLEW for the past 2 years as the SINGLE WORST LB tackler in the NFL???  GREAT!  Now the PATS can run around him instead of letting other teams run around US!   Donkey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: A.D. goin to the Jets! : You mean the Sergio Kindle that every pats fan wanted but Belichick did not.
    Posted by underdoggg

Excuse me, Dogg, I wanted Graham and Hughes. They were pass-rushers, Kindle is a blitzer. Why do you think Belichick passed on him? Because he has off the field issues and he's injured? He drafted a pot-head and a guy with back problems.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

You mean the Hughes that the Colts got?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

You mean the Hughes that the Colts got?
    Posted by underdoggg

No, I meant the other pass-rushing Hughes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/27/report-jets-interested-in-adalius-thomas/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: A.D. goin to the Jets! : Excuse me, Dogg, I wanted Graham and Hughes. They were pass-rushers, Kindle is a blitzer. Why do you think Belichick passed on him? Because he has off the field issues and he's injured? He drafted a pot-head and a guy with back problems.
    Posted by 49Patriots

Dont let dog get to you. He is just a globe staffer that comes on here trying to rile everyone up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to A.D. goin to the Jets!:
    Looks like A.D. is headed to NY!  Another player for Brady to worry about.  This offseason has sucked! http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2251
    Posted by BBRULES23

LOL!  Wow are you spoiled!  We have ione of the best offseasons in the past 10 years and it sucked.....You are funny....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

My apologies - the Hughes thing was uncalled for.  No one knows whether Hughes or any of the Colts or Pats picks will pan out.  Drafting is nothing if not an imperfect science. 

The Adalius Thomas thing on the other hand does bring a smile to my face.  I am of the belief that the guy is as good as advertised and Belichick was wise to pick him up.  Why didn't he work out?  I'd say he was misused AND a poor supporting cast can make even the best players look average. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

chemistry makes a huge differance in todays sports world.... patriots have made additions by subtractions

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

The Jets had to downgrade thier O-Line to open up a spot for AT....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

underdoggg... generally I find your posts pretty decent and knowledgeable but if you think AT was missused... wow!  Look I think Ray Lewis is a dolt and thug but I know he is a brilliant defensive mind and he has been quoted more then once basicly, figuratively and precisely "AT... who?" He and many in Baltimore (talking front office here) felt that he was a product of the defense and the players around him. He wasn't partuicularly fast or skillfull he just was not the main forcus or even the second focus and rarely the 3rd focus on an offenses scheme. If you are just a decent player you should be able to capitalise on that.
    I wish I could find my posts from back then cause I was screaming that he was a bumb. Oh well, he's gone and we can move on now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: A.D. goin to the Jets! : The Pats PASTED NY in Foxborough last year and the OFFENSE scored 3 FGs @ NY. Please tell us what scares you about NY?  They are arguably WORSE then they were last year.  If Tom Brady and the offense is the reason NE didn't put up 28+ points in Week 2settle for FGs on the road (one of FOUR GAMES the offense literally lost for us on their own) instead of having to  last year due to no Welker, a rusty Brady, a one dimensional offense, etc, I am pretty sure I like my chances this year. Do people watch the same games I do?
    Posted by russgriswold

Since NY has downdraded their o-line, and running game, but have upgraded their WR (but stil have the same lame excuse of a QB) and their Defensive backs....I see them as about the same as last year. 

The only thing that would scare me with the Jets is if they upgrade their QB, and getting someone who is breathing is better than the guy that they have now.

And for all you Jets fans, I am not saying that he can't get better....I am just saying that he, right now is one of the worst QB's in the NFL.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

russgris... I hear you I wonder that often.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Sanches is not one of the worst QB's that is just fantalk as I call it. If you are talking honestly he is a typical young QB with a decent arm and no better then average accuracy which led to 20 INT's. The question is will he be smarter this year realising that he can't just throw it in there like he did in college or that sometimes a sack or throwing it away is a good thing in the scheme of things. I am leaning towards a sophmore slump tough year. But if he can weather it he will be a good QB come 2011.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Sanches is not one of the worst QB's that is just fantalk as I call it. If you are talking honestly he is a typical young QB with a decent arm and no better then average accuracy which led to 20 INT's. The question is will he be smarter this year realising that he can't just throw it in there like he did in college or that sometimes a sack or throwing it away is a good thing in the scheme of things. I am leaning towards a sophmore slump tough year. But if he can weather it he will be a good QB come 2011.
    Posted by DaBlade

He had one of the worst years as a QB and that is with a run first defense.....they took the ball from him as much as they could and he still had a bad year.

I expect that he will improve....but how much?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: A.D. goin to the Jets! : He had one of the worst years as a QB and that is with a run first defense.....they took the ball from him as much as they could and he still had a bad year. I expect that he will improve....but how much?
    Posted by m1021us

Run first defense?  Stupid.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The latest word is that the Jets aren't interested in Thomas: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/04/27/2010-04-27_source_jets_unlikely_to_sign_adalius.html

Sections
Shortcuts