Adalius Thomas Doesn't Show Up For Workout

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Adalius Thomas Doesn't Show Up For Workout

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/16/adalius-thomas-doesnt-show-for-offseason-workouts-denies-he-wants-out/

Maybe we shouldn't look into this too much but in this same piece, he also denies wanting to leave the Patriots and going to the Jets.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Adalius Thomas Doesn't Show Up For Workout

In Response to Adalius Thomas Doesn't Show Up For Workout:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/16/adalius-thomas-doesnt-show-for-offseason-workouts-denies-he-wants-out/ Maybe we shouldn't look into this too much but in this same piece, he also denies wanting to leave the Patriots and going to the Jets.
    Posted by apdynasty23

ummm....it's voluntary.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

Im thinking a draft day trade of Thomas is in the works.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

In Response to Adalius Thomas Doesn't Show Up For Workout:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/16/adalius-thomas-doesnt-show-for-offseason-workouts-denies-he-wants-out/ Maybe we shouldn't look into this too much but in this same piece, he also denies wanting to leave the Patriots and going to the Jets.
    Posted by apdynasty23

Hmmmm, I don't see where he said he wants to stay with the Patriots, just he never said he wanted to go to the Jets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

But I have a more important question--did Tom Brady show up.  Why can't the know it all media report who WAS there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Its not his fault he can't control the weather.  Its not like the Jetsons where he could just fly over the traffic and get to work like 99% of the rest of us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Adalius Thomas Doesn't Show Up For Workout:
    In Response to Adalius Thomas Doesn't Show Up For Workout : ummm....it's voluntary.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

Yes, its voluntary.

Its also one of the best programs in the NFL and, traditionally, only injured guys and malcontents skip out on it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

trade him asap, no leadership potential from this jacka$$

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

There were at least 40 players in attendance for the first day of the voluntary workouts Monday, a source told NESN.com. Among those missing, NESN reported, were Thomas, quarterback Tom Brady and wide receiver Randy Moss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Adalius Thomas Doesn't Show Up For Workout : Yes, its voluntary. Its also one of the best programs in the NFL and, traditionally, only injured guys and malcontents skip out on it.
    Posted by unclealfie

There are others who decide to work out elsewhere.

Granted, he may not be happy w/ the Patriots - but i'm sure the media and those who aren't happy w/ AT will judge him anyway. Maybe he's got kids he'd rather spend time with. I don't know if the post directly above is accurate, but does that mean Moss and Brady are malconents too?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Bubba, you just might be the only Pats fan willing to stick up for AT shennanigans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Are there better OLs out there in the draft or FAs?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Sorry OLBs

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

maybe you morons think we should cut the malcontent tom brady too since he didn't show up either. Lets get rid of moss while we are at it since he got sent home last year too and he also didn't show up yesterday.  The guy is clearly not what we thought he was going to be but who do we have on the roster thats better than him right now?  ?  ? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Maybe ESPN can ask Bart Scott.  Bart knows everything about every ex-teammate he has ever played with.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I predict he's gone on draft day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Patriots will not have him on the team or let me rephraze this they will deactivate him and ban him from the Stadium before they allow him to mess with the youngsters and polute them the way he tried last year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Adalius Thomas Doesn't Show Up For Workout : There are others who decide to work out elsewhere. Granted, he may not be happy w/ the Patriots - but i'm sure the media and those who aren't happy w/ AT will judge him anyway. Maybe he's got kids he'd rather spend time with. I don't know if the post directly above is accurate, but does that mean Moss and Brady are malconents too?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

LOL....yeah, I think I am :)

I supported him when he got sent home by BB for the snow day. I thought that entire thing was stupid on both their parts.

I just can't help but wonder if we ever used AT the right way. I don't have any proof to justify that statement other than sometimes players can only do what they are asked to do. Players in the past have alluded as such; including Seymour. People often said that Seymour could have gotten more sacks if he were "let loose" instead of staying within the system. Nothing wrong w/ that, but I think there's something to be said about our predictability on offense and vanilla defense. Same thing with Watson. Did he have lousy receiving numbers cuz he was a bad receiving TE - or is it because he was asked to be a blocker more often cuz of our problems w/ pass protection? I don't know.

AT was more effective when he was allowed to move to different parts of the line for a "better matchup". So, I still have questions as to whether we used/are using AT the best way possible.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Patriots will not have him on the team or let me rephraze this they will deactivate him and ban him from the Stadium before they allow him to mess with the youngsters and polute them the way he tried last year.
    Posted by DaBlade

It's interesting how our memories are so short. It really wasn't that long ago when AT was a rah-rah guy. Wasn't he the one who bought teammates "I eat humble pie" tee shirts?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/10/humble_pie.html

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: Adalius Thomas Doesn't Show Up For Workout : LOL....yeah, I think I am :) I supported him when he got sent home by BB for the snow day. I thought that entire thing was stupid on both their parts. I just can't help but wonder if we ever used AT the right way. I don't have any proof to justify that statement other than sometimes players can only do what they are asked to do. Players in the past have alluded as such; including Seymour. People often said that Seymour could have gotten more sacks if he were "let loose" instead of staying within the system. Nothing wrong w/ that, but I think there's something to be said about our predictability on offense and vanilla defense. Same thing with Watson. Did he have lousy receiving numbers cuz he was a bad receiving TE - or is it because he was asked to be a blocker more often cuz of our problems w/ pass protection? I don't know. AT was more effective when he was allowed to move to different parts of the line for a "better matchup". So, I still have questions as to whether we used/are using AT the best way possible.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

As far as Seymour getting more sacks, it wouldnt have mattered due to the fact he won 3SB's playing within the system.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Adalius Thomas Doesn't Show Up For Workout :   Used the right way? he's an OLB!  He played a little MLB because he was needed, but so what? He played CB and Safety in Baltimore.  The problem is, he got paid, and then when it got hot in the kitchen, he couldn't handle it and he folded.   He got lazy, took plays off and always acted like he had a limp he couldn't shake.  He's a classic case of a guy who got paid, lost the hunger and his career is likely over. He'll never get a better look at a ring than he did here.  The good news is, he's actually possibly CHEAP to a team that doesn't mind paying his salary what it is in an uncapped year, which is good for us. I'd love a 3rd rounder (too high, most likely), but I'll take a 4th and then somehow use that to move down to a 3rd round pick to acquire Kirk Morrison from Oakland.
    Posted by russgriswold

aahhh, the drama. I guess by your criteria, we should let Moss go too...He was late, got sent home, cried a little on the sidelines, took some plays off...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

By AD; another example of a non performing player after he gets his big contract.  Big bust in my opinion.  Hit the road !!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Adalius Thomas Doesn't Show Up For Workout : As far as Seymour getting more sacks, it wouldnt have mattered due to the fact he won 3SB's playing within the system.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

Yep...too bad the last one was in 2004. So, if we measure the success of a scheme by the number of superbowls won.....how many has BB won since 2005? Zippo.

Is it the scheme or is it the players? Willie McGinnest has always said it's both - in other words, u have to find the right players to play in the scheme in order for it to work. So, in some ways, it's BBs fault for not recognizing that AT doesn't fit his scheme.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

In Response to Adalius Thomas Doesn't Show Up For Workout : ummm....it's voluntary.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

He didn't even know there were workouts!!  Shows you how on top of things he is.  If they can't trade him on draft day they'll cut him after the draft. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: Adalius Thomas Doesn't Show Up For Workout : Yep...too bad the last one was in 2004. So, if we measure the success of a scheme by the number of superbowls won.....how many has BB won since 2005? Zippo. Is it the scheme or is it the players? Willie McGinnest has always said it's both - in other words, u have to find the right players to play in the scheme in order for it to work. So, in some ways, it's BBs fault for not recognizing that AT doesn't fit his scheme.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

Just because they havnt won the SB since 2004, does not mean that if he got more sacks they would have won.  It is extremely hard to make it to the SB.  This team was contstantly stripped of its players and personel, especially personel since 2004.  I dont care what organization it is, if they lost as many key individuals as NE has over the years do you think they would still be as competative as NE?