Adam Schefter Tweet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Adam Schefter Tweet

"Might mean nothing or something. But one Pats official said practices this week were "10 times better' than practices before Super Bowl XLII"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Adam Schefter Tweet

I NEED a crushing defeat of the Giants.  No game of the century, no suspense.  CRUSHING DEFEAT.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

That along with how calm BB seems has definitely got me thinking that BB has figured out something in the NYG team that will be exploited.

Giants have made it no secret that theyre confident this week, Pats have a more quiet confidence

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

good to hear, hopefully the o-line is ready to go

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Adam Schefter Tweet":
    I NEED a crushing defeat of the Giants.  No game of the century, no suspense.  CRUSHING DEFEAT. Posted by Davedsone
    Amen to that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blgrane. Show Blgrane's posts

In Response to Re: Adam Schefter Tweet:
    I NEED a crushing defeat of the Giants.  No game of the century, no suspense.  CRUSHING DEFEAT.
    Posted by Davedsone

Your being too civil..I prefer  Maul  ...Humiliate... Kill!!! ...just getting sick of everyone picking the jints ....I hope Pats are too~~~

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll say this, that 07 team (although more talented) were not playing anywhere near their best football the last 6 weeks of that season. They got lucky by not having to face Indy and instead faced a Charger team that had a QB playing with a torn acl...and Tomlinson was unable to play because of injury. 

This team seems a bit more hungry, young and disrespected. Weather that means anything today or not, is very debatable. Something is going on with Belichick though, I've never seen him so relaxed/calm and friendly before such big games as he is now. Now that could be a guy realizing that he is just playing with house money, or a guy that really likes what he is seeing out there on the practice field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

That along with how calm BB seems has definitely got me thinking that BB has figured out something in the NYG team that will be exploited. Giants have made it no secret that theyre confident this week, Pats have a more quiet confidence
    Posted by dapats1281

Agree that Bill is definitely more relaxed and humorous than he has ever been, which has been mentioned by many others.  Not sure why it is, but it has to be a good sign.  The Patriots aren't a very vocal group and Bill would be upset if they started guaranteeing a victory or tweeting something similar.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I'll say this, that 07 team (although more talented) were not playing anywhere near their best football the last 6 weeks of that season. They got lucky by not having to face Indy and instead faced a Charger team that had a QB playing with a torn acl...and Tomlinson was unable to play because of injury.  This team seems a bit more hungry, young and disrespected. Weather that means anything today or not, is very debatable. Something is going on with Belichick though, I've never seen him so relaxed/calm and friendly before such big games as he is now. Now that could be a guy realizing that he is just playing with house money, or a guy that really likes what he is seeing out there on the practice field.
    Posted by mthurl

I think a part of it is that he feels like he's playing with house money at this point.  Not that he doesn't care, but that he has nothing to prove.  And it is good for this particular team.

Also, he just rebuilt a team on the fly that made it back to the SuperBowl in year three of the rebuilding process.  Going forward, this team is going to be a tuff out over the next few years.  I think he's licking his chops over this thought, and it's hard not to smile and feel good about it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Posted by Davedsone

YES!!! as in give nobody any reason to whine about something. i want those talking heads to say giants got outcoached and outplayed period.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Posted by Davedsone

I agree!  I want a Patriots blow out! I want people to change their channel because it's such a blow out!  I want people to say it was the worst SB ever because of a Patriots blow out!  It's time for BB and TFB to shine!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Schefter is one of only two "experts" calling for a Pats' win.  The other is Schlereth.

Hope they're right...good to finally hear something about their practices.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

I couldn't agree more. A convincing route would shut up a lot of people. I remember when we did win the 1st few SBs a lot of teams keep saying the Patriots are not that good. Every year we hear it. A marginal win will just reinforce the skeptics. But then again I'll take a marginal win verses a close lost to the Giants.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In response to "Re: Adam Schefter Tweet":
    I NEED a crushing defeat of the Giants.  No game of the century, no suspense.  CRUSHING DEFEAT. Posted by Davedsone
    You got that right !!!! I can't stand suspense-filled 4th Q - need us to be up by 3 TDs by then. :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I'm with all of you hoping that we get a blowout! My heart can't take a close game and I live in NYC so the other possibility is not an option! I would LOVE a huge crushing Win for the Pats. A statement to all the haters would be sweet....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Schefter is one of only two "experts" calling for a Pats' win.  The other is Schlereth. Hope they're right...good to finally hear something about their practices.
    Posted by soups

I was listening to Eddies George this morning and he was saying that the Giants will be able to run it right up the gut of our defense...does this guy watch football? That's kind of an outlandish thing to say about our defense, he's talking about the strength of it right there. You can say that we will have trouble covering etc, but we have Wilfork, Spikes and Mayo in that spot. Makes me realize that most of these guys are just a bunch of phonies.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Posted by Davedsone

Davidsone:  I'm with you.  I don't want a close game, a great super bowl, a game for the ages.  I want the Pats to basically get this one over by halftime.  Don't think it will happen, but I'd love an old fashioned butt whipping like you read about.  How about a 31-10 halftime lead? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

In Response to Adam Schefter Tweet:
    "Might mean nothing or something. But one Pats official said practices this week were "10 times better' than practices before Super Bowl XLII"
    Posted by dapats1281

I'll buy that.  140-17 Final Score, I was only predicting 46-9 before this information came out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Adam Schefter Tweet : I'll buy that.  140-17 Final Score, I was only predicting 46-9 before this information came out.
    Posted by pauldeba

That means both sides of the ball paul. Final would be 140-1.7, or on a practical level, 140-2.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Adam Schefter Tweet : I was listening to Eddies George this morning and he was saying that the Giants will be able to run it right up the gut of our defense...does this guy watch football? That's kind of an outlandish thing to say about our defense, he's talking about the strength of it right there. You can say that we will have trouble covering etc, but we have Wilfork, Spikes and Mayo in that spot. Makes me realize that most of these guys are just a bunch of phonies.
    Posted by mthurl

All I can say to that is, "Sheesh."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

In Response to Re: Adam Schefter Tweet : I was listening to Eddies George this morning and he was saying that the Giants will be able to run it right up the gut of our defense...does this guy watch football? .
    Posted by mthurl

We have a great run defense and a good run offense.

They have a TERRIBLE - THE WORST Run offense and a mediocre run defense that was torched for 6 yards per carry the past 2 games.

Eddie George may not know it, but Bill Belichick does,  and that's all that matters.  It's even better for us that the Knucklehead commentators spew this nonsense.

Sections
Shortcuts