Addai "Quit"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Addai "Quit"

See, I know that there's a "Fonzy (Aye-ahhhee *thumbs up)", and I know that there's a "Fozzy (Bear going 'wocky-wocka' <quick note: not 'wozzy-wozzah')", I just don't have any historical, cultural, nor societal in my basic life experiences and life knowledge, to draw up any firm derision nor accredidation based on the overall "wozzy" colloquialism here.

TexasPat does...Lol, even wozzy doesn't.  If ya actually asked Wozzy, he'd probably go, "pointless nickname given to me by a loved one/friend, which is devoid of any and all real meaning, whatsoever in the slightest sense."  Yet if you posed the very same question to TexasPat, even in specific relation to wozzy here, TP would be able to brief you on no less than a full-page worth of all the intinsically derisively contemptuous, sickening and loathesome qualifiers found under & within the "wozzy" labeling term...with examples (Ex: "Sue was always a sweet and kind girl, before that fateful day of being Mugged and 'Wozzied' on her way home from the market.") 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Addai "Quit":
    [QUOTE]I In closing on this topic...if Addai or his agent were to report to the media that the reason for him struggling with his conditioning test, and quitting, was because he slightly pulled a hamstring, or something to that affect, I'd give Addai the benefit of the doubt, and accept that. But, several days have already passed...and that hasn't happened. Aren't you curious as to why?      
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

No . . . and only a petty little niggler would be.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]See, I know that there's a "Fonzy (Aye-ahhhee *thumbs up)", and I know that there's a "Fozzy (Bear going 'wocky-wocka' <quick note: not 'wozzy-wozzah')", I just don't have any historical, cultural, nor societal in my basic life experiences and life knowledge, to draw up any firm derision nor accredidation based on the overall "wozzy" colloquialism here. TexasPat does...Lol, even wozzy doesn't.  If ya actually asked Wozzy , he'd probably go, "pointless nickname given to me by a loved one/friend, which is devoid of any and all real meaning, whatsoever in the slightest sense."  Yet if you posed the very same question to TexasPat, even in specific relation to wozzy here, TP would be able to brief you on no less than a full-page worth of all the intinsically derisively contemptuous, sickening and loathesome qualifiers found under & within the "wozzy" labeling term...with examples (Ex: " Sue was always a sweet and kind girl, before that fateful day of being Mugged and 'Wozzied' on her way home from the market .") 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I didn't get it either Laz, guess I'm not bright enough.

Coincidently, I use TP to wipe my... oh never mind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm not taking any sides here but from what I read almost everywhere and from what I can deduce from all the other players who passed their conditioning tests is that Addai "quit" because he obviously wasn't in good enough condition to pass.

He supposedly had been working out with Ridley at LSU but Ridley passed HIS test. 

I know Ridley is younger but Addai is supposed to be the experienced vet showing the young pup how it's done.  I guess it was the other way around.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not taking any sides here but from what I read almost everywhere and from what I can deduce from all the other players who passed their conditioning tests is that Addai "quit" because he obviously wasn't in good enough condition to pass. He supposedly had been working out with Ridley at LSU but Ridley passed HIS test.  I know Ridley is younger but Addai is supposed to be the experienced vet showing the young pup how it's done.  I guess it was the other way around.
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

We'll see if he tries to latch on to another team, if he doesn't, then it's because he retired... not quit.  Then again how many times did Farve retire again?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Addai "Quit" : Have another doughnut... tell us how tough your work day was today, I'm sure you strained your pinky finger reaching for that period button on the keyboard.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Another brilliant post...LOL!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Addai "Quit" :      "A little niggler"?? Really? You continue to reveal yourself for the classless individual you are.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Do you know what that word means?  Judging from your response I'd guess no, but maybe being called a "constant critic" really is offensive to you...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beef23. Show beef23's posts

[QUOTE]A great example on how Boston professional sports work.  Publicly, make it seem like you're offering little information and taking the high road.  Then, release this sort of thing to the media on the down low.  This makes me sick.  We saw it with Francona and a number of former NE area athletes.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

go back to ny...your a dick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Addai "Quit" : Do you know what that word means?  Judging from your response I'd guess no, but maybe being called a "constant critic" really is offensive to you...
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

This is not the first time that him and I have been at odds. He resorts to personal attacks whenever you disagree with him. It's disapponting, really. He's a bright guy, who occasionally makes some good points. And yes...I know that he wasn't using the "N" word. He was accusing me of making a mountain out of a mole hill. But, if you go back and re-read his posts, you'll see that it's the other way around. He just can't stand being anybody challenging his opinions.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

^ If it helps any, I fully remember reading a small article back in College about a Schoolteacher who was fired for using the "despicably slandering racist term" of:  "Niggardly".

Which means "stingey" and "cheap"...and which was in common useage for several centuries prior to white europeans colonizing the continent of Africa, and precipitating a slave trade off of that continent's native inhabitants.  Zero connection whatsoever between the term "niggardly" and the term that some redneck conjured up many, many years later as a term of derision towards black people.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]^ If it helps any, I fully remember reading a small article back in College about a Schoolteacher who was fired for using the "despicably slandering racist term" of:  "Niggardly". Which means "stingey" and "cheap"...and which was in common useage for several centuries prior to white europeans colonizing the continent of Africa, and precipitating a slave trade off of that continent's native inhabitants.  Zero connection whatsoever between the term "niggardly" and the term that some redneck conjured up many, many years later as a term of derision towards black people.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that isn't what Prolate meant. He meant that I was making a mountain out of a mole hill...or being trifling. He's just mad because we have a difference of opinion. It's time to move on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's not that I disagree with you TexPat, it's that I dislike the way you seem to take a certain smug pleasure in putting players down and questioning their character or motives when you know almost nothing about their actual situation.  

Niggling, by the way, is a perfectly good English word that has nothing to do with race. . . . it means petty carping or complaining. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]It's not that I disagree with you TexPat, it's that I dislike the way you seem to take a certain smug pleasure in putting players down and questioning their character or motives when you know almost nothing about their actual situation.   Niggling, by the way, is a perfectly good English word that has nothing to do with race. . . . it means petty carping or complaining. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

You're a smart, but a very condescending fellow, who thinks he knows all the answers. You don't, and I don't, either. But, like you, I'm entitled to my opinion. Disagree with me if you like...point out where I'm wrong if you can...but there's really no need for personal insults (and here I'm not referring to your use of the word "niggling"). You're better than that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Tex, I don't think I know all the answers, but what I do know for sure is that there isn't enough solid evidence about why Addai couldn't finish his windsprints to jump to the kinds of conclusions you're jumping to about his character.  There are many possible reasons why Addai decided to quit, many of them perfectly legitimate.  Why assume the negative about someone when it's just as reasonable to give the person the benefit of the doubt and assume the positive? I don't really want to attack you personally, but I can't help wondering about your own motives when you make the choices you do--not just in this thread about Addai, but in the many other threads that you start questioning various players' character. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]Tex, I don't think I know all the answers, but what I do know for sure is that there isn't enough solid evidence about why Addai couldn't finish his windsprints to jump to the kinds of conclusions you're jumping to about his character.

RESPONSE: There's certainly no solid evidence that he couldn't cut it because he was hurt. It would seem to me that if that were the case, we would have heard something from Addai or his agent by now. Sorry...but the facts seem to indicate that he came to camp unprepared, and out of shape. When you accept money from a team to play for them, you owe it to them to at least come to camp in top shape.
         The Pats' deserved better. Addai may not be a bad guy, and maybe has lost his drive and enthusiasm for the game. But, he certainly was a disappointment to the Patriots, costing them money, and some precious cap space.
         Sorry...but that's my opinion...and I've seen nothing to cause me to change my view.

There are many possible reasons why Addai decided to quit, many of them perfectly legitimate.  Why assume the negative about someone when it's just as reasonable to give the person the benefit of the doubt and assume the positive?

RESPONSE: Has Addai given me reason to do so? Has he come out and given a statement that he was hurt...or even a lame excuse for why he failed his physical? Sorry...but Addai doesn't seem to care about failing his physical, and letting the Pats' down. Yet, he gets to count the easiest $125,000 he's ever earned. Sorry, but he deserves to be criticized.

I don't really want to attack you personally, but I can't help wondering about your own motives when you make the choices you do--not just in this thread about Addai, but in the many other threads that you start questioning various players' character.

RESPONSE: This is a football forum, where football teams, players, and issues are discussed. You and I strongly disagree about the concussion lawsuits by the retired players. I see them as a money grab, with the potential to end the game of pro football as we know it...while you're sympathetic to them. I believe that's at the root of your criticisms of me.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Addai "Quit" :      "A little niggler"?? Really? You continue to reveal yourself for the classless individual you are.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I knew it! TP is really LaDanian Tomlinson! Still doesn't realize that calling someone classless is a sure indication that they could stand to take a couple of classes themself. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]WOW!! New level of ignorance on display here. Apparently you all have a lot in common with your nutless cowardly team. BTW: The Pats never won anything without cheating! From what I hear Addai didn't quit. He was released because he was asked if he would cheat and he said no. He has way to much class to be on this team!  
    Posted by ManningRules[/QUOTE]

Is this my good buddy, formerly known as Horsecolt18, and/or Coltsman?

Sections
Shortcuts