Addai: good get??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Addai: good get??

I think so. Nice pick up. I am looking forward to this yr's Pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Re: Addai: good get??

I think it is a wasted roster spot. He can't stay healthy, and doesn't bring anything to the backfield that we didn't already have, other than experience. What our backfield needs is a battering ram.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

In Response to Re: Addai: good get??:
    [QUOTE]I think it is a wasted roster spot. He can't stay healthy, and doesn't bring anything to the backfield that we didn't already have, other than experience. What our backfield needs is a battering ram.
    Posted by Cyberknot[/QUOTE]

If I may interject, I think this was an incredible pick up and let me explain why.

We have the Riddler (Ridley) who has shown good outside speed, and Vereen. I beleive Vereen will be that exceptional runner once he gets more play time under his belt. Woodhead will be the break-up bak that will slither and get you the 8 to 15 yards and keep the defense guessing.
    Now you bring in Addai, who in my opinion was abused by the Colts, Bill B will get this guy ft and keep him rested and not over used.

Make no mistake here, Addai will add much depth, and can either block on the blitz pick up or offer a swing outlet pass that gets you that next set of downs.

now this is all just my opinion but many many things just now seem to be going in the right direction.

Poeple, if this offense clicks this season with all the weapons in its back yard, the Patriots have the potential to blow these games out at half time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Addai: good get?? : If I may interject, I think this was an incredible pick up and let me explain why. We have the Riddler (Ridley) who has shown good outside speed, and Vereen. I beleive Vereen will be that exceptional runner once he gets more play time under his belt. Woodhead will be the break-up bak that will slither and get you the 8 to 15 yards and keep the defense guessing. Now you bring in Addai, who in my opinion was abused by the Colts, Bill B will get this guy ft and keep him rested and not over used. Make no mistake here, Addai will add much depth, and can either block on the blitz pick up or offer a swing outlet pass that gets you that next set of downs. now this is all just my opinion but many many things just now seem to be going in the right direction. Poeple, if this offense clicks this season with all the weapons in its back yard, the Patriots have the potential to blow these games out at half time.
    Posted by Stommpper[/QUOTE]

I would love to see the Pats start blowing games open. I agree. Good pick up. Go Pats

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

i don't think so. he hasn't played well for a few years. he used to be a decent back but has had some injuries. its worth a look though i suppose. 

the kid they signed last week might be good though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Another camp body....doubt he makes the 53 man roster

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

He is one of the best RBs at picking up blitzes, if Faulk is not back I don't think the young guns will be up to read blocking schemes so at very minimum Addai its a good pickup when you consider the amount of passing plays.

I can see them keeping only three RBs, Woody, Vereen and Ridley and keep a FB but who goes in for pass blocking?  They probably keep 3 TEs so the roster spot has to come from somewhere RB seems to be the spot.  I like Addai but don't know if there's a roster spot for him unless they decide not to keep a FB which seems that's not the case since they now have 3.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]Another camp body....doubt he makes the 53 man roster
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]
    E

Exactly, I hope he doesn't make the team because that means Ver, rid & WH and hopefully one of the 2 fullbacks we signed have given BB enough confidence that we don't need him.  But with Verneen not even making the field last year, ridley's fumbles why wouldn't you want a vet that played in a passing offense like ours as a backup insurance policy. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Don't think he'll last, unless BB cuts or trades Woodhead. No way he cuts loose the youngs RBs or Bolden.