Ghost

Amendola

maybe slipping?;

Nink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Additional camp notes

"maybe slipping?;

Nink"

Welcome aboard.  He's TB-C without the one good year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I didn't see White in your first grouping. Is it your view that he is not particularly noteworthy?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I didn't see White in your first grouping. Is it your view that he is not particularly noteworthy?

[/QUOTE]

I have not seen that much of hom so far. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Anderson??

Who is ahead of him?

Glad to see Ryan is good

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

"maybe slipping?;

Nink"

Welcome aboard.  He's TB-C without the one good year. 

[/QUOTE]

Since 2010, ninkovich leads thr nfl for dlinemen in fumble recoveries.

He is tully banta cain? Do not force me to post vrabel's numbers again to embarrass you.

He is one of the better starting lde's in the entire conference and is a classic swiss army knife bb player.

Rkrap is a troll as are you.  The tool gets someone's opinion, tries to pass it off as his own, and then tries to slither in a shock value portion on these threads of his.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anderson??

Who is ahead of him?

Glad to see Ryan is good

[/QUOTE]

Pay no attention to rkrap.  Seriously.  Bb released josh hull and the rest of anderson's competition are undrafted rookies for the most part.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

allen the punter?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

maybe slipping?;

Nink

Sorry to hear this.  I have always liked Ninko!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Didn't Nink sack RG3 yesterday?  He's not going anywhere.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

[/QUOTE]

He is tully banta cain? Do not force me to post vrabel's numbers again to embarrass you.

He is one of the better starting lde's in the entire conference and is a classic swiss army knife bb player.

Rkrap is a troll as are you.  The tool gets someone's opinion, tries to pass it off as his own, and then tries to slither in a shock value portion on these threads of his. 

[/QUOTE]

You out did yourself by finding the most useless stat, that is if your not just lying like usual.  If you think about it he should recover lots of fumbles since he's always around the line of scrimmage getting no penetration due to being dominated by TE's and RB's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Are you talking about James Anderson, the cover LB?  I dont think he is going anywhere. We are thin at LB and he is the 5th guy I believe. Not sure if he plays s/t but hard to see him not making the roster.

I think the folks who look good are mostly expected like Brady, Edleman,etc but the play of Siliga has been a surprise. It was hard to evaluate him last year outside of him helping in run support but he has clearly been the best DT so far in terms of one on one matchups. He is stout and will play alot IMO. Now maybe Fork and Kelly dont log too many early snaps.

I would also include M.Butler and T.Hawkins in the ^up category as they have been making plays all camp. Bolden, I agree is the odd man out. He is barely getting any reps in practice. if Nink looks average, all the more reason to rotate him more. I know everyone talks about his league leading QB pressures but never mention that he played more snaps by ANY other DE in the league by a longshot unless you include C.Jones.

I just hope BB uses Buchanan/Smith/?? or whoever are the backups.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

As i 'read" the Dline didnt do well yestrday - ,

i cannot worry about nink at all

but will keep it mind down the  road

My biggest hope or the Dline is that there is a real rotationduring the season. where we get higher results from fewer reps by player. Nink cannot get 95% of the snaps again - if he does he will fade like anyonbe would

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You out did yourself by finding the most useless stat, that is if your not just lying like usual.  If you think about it he should recover lots of fumbles since he's always around the line of scrimmage getting no penetration due to being dominated by TE's and RB's.

[/QUOTE]

Apparently, the people who keep track of players' stats confused Ninkovich with someone else.  They say that he has forced a total of 8 fumbles in his career and recovered 12.  He has also gotten 27.5 sacks and made 4 interceptions.  Obviously, this can't be him because he gets "no penetration".  Why does BB keep him on the team, anyway?!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Apparently, the people who keep track of players' stats confused Ninkovich with someone else.  They say that he has forced a total of 8 fumbles in his career and recovered 12.  He has also gotten 27.5 sacks and made 4 interceptions.  Obviously, this can't be him because he gets "no penetration".  Why does BB keep him on the team, anyway?!

[/QUOTE]

Poor Drafting and Bad Contract extention.  By the way those are career stats over 8 years.  Blow average at best.  Gotta love the Kool-Aid drinkers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Poor Drafting and Bad Contract extention.  By the way those are career stats over 8 years.  Blow average at best.  Gotta love the Kool-Aid drinkers.

[/QUOTE]

Nink wasnt drafted by the Pats

BB also has a differnt philosophy on the salary structure which is beyond this thread

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He effectively didn't play his first 4 years in the league.  He has 26.5 sacks in the 4 seasons since he's become a starter with NE. 

That was some impressive skewing of facts to suit your agenda, Tcal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He effectively didn't play his first 4 years in the league.  He has 26.5 sacks in the 4 seasons since he's become a starter with NE. 

[/QUOTE]

I was about to say!  Is there anybody tcal likes on the Patriots besides Tom Brady?  He seems to trash everyone from Jerod Mayo to Rob Ninkovich.  I just don't get it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought as much.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rustysr. Show Rustysr's posts

O poor Rusty just can't keep Rkarp's name.out of your post even when he hasn't responded to you what are you in middle school? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nink wasnt drafted by the Pats

BB also has a differnt philosophy on the salary structure which is beyond this thread

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Practically all his numbers are from the last four years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Still, his 8 sacks last year place him 35th in the league.  Not terrible, but also not elite.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Not trying to speak for TCal here, but I think part of what he and I see is that oftentimes Chandler Jones (and others) get(s) to the QB first and collapses the pocket, forcing him right into the other side (Nink).

Whereas Chandler Jones is a guy the other team needs to plan for and sometimes double-team, Nink is neither.

That doesn't mean Nink is worthless.  He's going to be on the final 53 for sure.  He is a solid contributor.  But sack stats are completely irrelevant when he is the focus of discussion.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Still, his 8 sacks last year place him 35th in the league.  Not terrible, but also not elite.

[/QUOTE]

Umm, what was Vrabel doing every year?  Wasn't more than 8 on average. BB uses Nink just like Vrabel except the base defense is different (4-3 vs 3-4).

The lack of respect and understanding of what BB demands of each of his LBs or DEs here, or really anyone on this D, still stuns me.

You go to live games and you can't see the responsibilities and demands BB puts on Nink?  If BB told him to pin his ears back and ignore the run game, Nink would have 12-15 sacks per year like Clay Matthews. It's very rare the strong side is compromised vs the run.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not trying to speak for TCal here, but I think part of what he and I see is that oftentimes Chandler Jones (and others) get(s) to the QB first and collapses the pocket, forcing him right into the other side (Nink).

Whereas Chandler Jones is a guy the other team needs to plan for and sometimes double-team, Nink is neither.

That doesn't mean Nink is worthless.  He's going to be on the final 53 for sure.  He is a solid contributor.  But sack stats are completely irrelevant when he is the focus of discussion.

[/QUOTE]

Nink has a great motor and gets a fair amount of his stats by never quitting on a play. He's not a prototypical 4-3 DE because of his lack of height and wing span. I always thought he'd be a better fit as a 3-4 OLB but the Pats have gotten away from that type of defense.

I think he's an average to a little above average DE in a 4-3. Too many times he gets swallowed up by the better OTs in the league.

Sections
Shortcuts