Adewale Ogunleye worked out for the Patriots today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adewale Ogunleye worked out for the Patriots today

Adam_Schefter Former Bears DE Adewale Ogunleye worked out for the patriots today. They are undedcided about signing him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5768/career;_ylt=ArgkqzdfaxedRLLidOCdDqn.uLYF

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Adewale Ogunleye worked out for the Patriots today

I wonder if that means their not thrilled with what they have?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I don't think any of us is thrilled with the OLB options right now.

At this point, TBC is by far our best. Ouch...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Could be a decent pickup if he's healthy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

OLD or DE...I'm not loving Gerard Warren replacing Seymour this year. TBC is OK, who's OLB on the other side even? If he has anything left, bring him in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

According to Pro Football Focus rankings Ogunleye better pass rusher and coverage than Woods, Ninkovich, Burgess and Alex Hall. Liability against the run though.

Ogunleye pass rush comparison caveat, he’s a 4-3 DE vs the others playing 3-4 OLB. Apples to Oranges but take it for what it’s worth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Adewale Ogunleye worked out for the Patriots today:
    [QUOTE]OLD or DE...I'm not loving Gerard Warren replacing Seymour this year. TBC is OK, who's OLB on the other side even? If he has anything left, bring him in.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

First off I'm gonna go out on a limb here, And say that IF New England signs Adewale Ogunleye, I AIN'T Gonna Like the signing...I'm Gonna LOvvvVE This Signing!

I had been following Ogunleye as a potential Patriot Free Agent acquisition, Early in this FA period...  Apparently my mistake though, Because I thought he had either been picked up and signed already OR tha he was in some way Restricted (RFA)- and that Chicago had placed some form of trade value on him...Either way, guess I was mistaken, which is GOOD. 

Wrong about yet 1 more thing (what a shock!).  See, I had always thought Ogunleye was bigger for some reason...  And even knowing Chicago played (at least very recently)- A 4-3 Defense ad that Ogunleye WAS/IS a 4-3 DE, I had formerly believed He was @'s 6'4-6'5 (which IS correct), But that he weighed @'s 280-285lb range (wrong-He's @ 260lbs I believe).  In otherwords, I had formerly projected Ogunleye as a decent 1-2 year "stop-gap" option In NE's "Post-Richard-Seymour" 3-4 Defensive End Transitional Period (a time in which I, like a few others here, Would & Will Ideally end using Oakland's "early" 1st rder in the upcoming 2012 Draft).

So here's the thing:  This is in NO way saying that NE desperately does NOT need a 1-2 year stop-gap in terms of having a 3-4 Outside Linebacker either. 
         NE has an untested Rookie in Jermaine Cunningham.  NE has TBC, who i a decent enough pass-rushing OLB on the weakside, YET who IS very weak against the run (and I HATE having that exploitable factor in there).  NE has a moderately skilled Derrick Burgess @ OLB, whom has hopefully "seen the light" upon his transition away from the "dark-side" after being late in a snow-storm last year, And towards being a better team-player (but let us not mistake this, when viewing Burgess's growing age and just "o.k." skill-set, In saying Burgess WILL BE some great "Impact" Player)...

So Who On God's Green Turf, Does NE have after this???  First, Let's just pass on talking about Eric Alexander &/Or Pierre Woods...just, Look- Don't, o.k.? 

NOW, Getting into SPECIFICS

~WEAK OUTSIDE LINEBACKER:
    P. Woods & E. Alexander=They have ceased to exist in my Patriot World...  TBC=Good on certain passing downs, Yet Exploitable vs the run.  AFTER This, Weakside OLB hopefully CAN be pieced together (adequately enough) with:  Jermaine Cunningham (but know=He's still an untested rookie).  AND Any combo of the following (in NO order):  Gary Guyton, and I'll even include Tyrone McKenzie here as well...there's a thread out there RE: Guyton or Spikes @ SILB.  Please=Spikes IS our future SILB people, YET this is NOT to say that Guyton/McKenzie won't be giving either the weak or strong ILB people (Mayo/Spikes)-breathers and/or playing either spot during certain passing downs.  Overall, Guyton/McKenzie is about versatility, BOTH on the inside, And HERE: At potentially the Weakside OLB spot..Big Question is- With TBC a negative vs the run, BUT a decent pass-rusher @ OLB, What do you GAIN IF Guyton/McKenzie shows they are BETTER vs the run than TBC, but a worse pass-rushing threat than TBC?  Undrafted Rookie Free Agent-Dane Fletcher can/could also add some depth at this WOLB spot.
    ~CONCLUSION:  TBC + Cunningham + McKenzie/Guyton/D.Fletcher = NE will survive here.   

~STRONG OUTSIDE LINEBACKER:
    Hopefully, 1 of our 2 best FA OLB acquisitions: Marquess Murrell OR Rob Ninkovich can sub in somewhere (let's be realistic here people, WhoTH are these guys?).  1 of these 2 Players can HOPEFULLY sub in @ Strongside OLB...And so IF Derrick Burgess CAN hopefully make the transition from playing more of a 2-3 down Weakside OLB (as TBC came in an played his spot on 3rd down/certain passing downs), AND Just as he DID after Adalius Thomas being benched at the end of last year- Burgess adequately transitioned to occupying formerly AD's STRONGSIDE OLB spot, New England NOW has...what? 
         Burgess starting at SOLB, and HOPEFULLY?: Ninkovich OR Murrell filling in @ SOLB?  Imho, That ain't a good enough sub OR a STARTER!
    ~CONCLUSION:  Burgess + Ninkovich/Murrell = HUGE Question Mark @ SOLB spot? 

Adewale Ogunleye:  A 4-3 Defensive End=Somewhat worrisome in ultimately making that transition to a 3-4 OLB position, and thus playing in space.  ALSO, Age- 33 years old...Gettin' up there in years, a recent leg injury too I believe...And slowing down/Too much wear and tear after 10 NFL years?

So, IS Ogunleye WORTH It?

Ogunleye IS a fast Defensive end...

Protypical size @ 6'4 and 260lbs.

Ogunleye IS extremely consistant:  You're NOT gonna get massive sack numbers, but @ SOLB, One DOES need a big enough, fast enough, smart enough guy, Who's STILL at least a threat to rush the passer. 

Ogunleye IS slowing down somewhat, But he ain't gonna be dealing with taking on an Offensive Tackle every single play...  He's firey and competitive and he's a leadere and smart.

Ogunleye, only getting something like 7 Sacks last year, STILL was Chicago's D-Line Sack Leader.  And make NO mistake, The Bears D IS extremely talented...  I'm unsure IF ALL these guys are still there on that D-line, but jesus:  Adewale Ogunleye, Alex Brown, Mark Anderson, Tommie Harris, Gaines Adams, Julius Peppers, Anthony Adams, Jarron Gilbert (draft-2009), Corey Wooten (draft-2010)...Yea, I know they haven't ALL played together, but these 9 guys have played (or will), On Chicago's Defensive Line over the past 2 Seasons...that's ridiculous.  Chicago is rebuilding, Chicago has D-Lineman in depth, And were HUGE players in this Free Agency period...ALL this means that Ogunleye as a Free Agent commanding a few mil a year, Is/Was simply too expensive for Chicago...

So I already know what you're gonna ask, "IF Ogunleye played on such a vaulted Defense, shouldn't he have had MORE/BETTER numbers than what he actually had" (seeing less double teams, being surrounded by better D players, etc.)? 
         My Answer: "Nope...Chicago's Offense has been THAT bad."  Chicago's defense gets COMPLETELY sh#fted by Chi's Offense...and it ain't simply 1 statistic, IT's ALL of them combined:  Total Offense, Rushing Offense, Yards per Carry, Yards per Pass Attempt, Total 1st Downs, Tunover margin, Time of Possession, OffensivePenalties, Rushing 1st downs, Red-Zone Ints = Lmao...ALL in the bottom 1/3, bottome 1/4, bottom 5 teams, and/or even dead last. 

Adewale Ogunleye-IF this guy checks out medically, Imo-He'd be a fantastic acquisition for New England.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adewale Ogunleye worked out for the Patriots today : First off I'm gonna go out on a limb here, And say that IF New England signs Adewale Ogunleye, I AIN'T Gonna Like the signing...I'm Gonna LOvvvVE This Signing ! I had been following Ogunleye as a potential Patriot Free Agent acquisition, Early in this FA period...  Apparently my mistake though, Because I thought he had either been picked up and signed already OR tha he was in some way Restricted (RFA)- and that Chicago had placed some form of trade value on him...Either way, guess I was mistaken, which is GOOD.  Wrong about yet 1 more thing (what a shock!).  See, I had always thought Ogunleye was bigger for some reason...  And even knowing Chicago played (at least very recently)- A 4-3 Defense ad that Ogunleye WAS/IS a 4-3 DE, I had formerly believed He was @'s 6'4-6'5 (which IS correct), But that he weighed @'s 280-285lb range (wrong-He's @ 260lbs I believe).  In otherwords, I had formerly projected Ogunleye as a decent 1-2 year "stop-gap" option In NE's "Post-Richard-Seymour" 3-4 Defensive End Transitional Period (a time in which I, like a few others here, Would & Will Ideally end using Oakland's "early" 1st rder in the upcoming 2012 Draft). So here's the thing:  This is in NO way saying that NE desperately does NOT need a 1-2 year stop-gap in terms of having a 3-4 Outside Linebacker either.       NE has an untested Rookie in Jermaine Cunningham.  NE has TBC, who i a decent enough pass-rushing OLB on the weakside, YET who IS very weak against the run (and I HATE having that exploitable factor in there).  NE has a moderately skilled Derrick Burgess @ OLB, whom has hopefully "seen the light" upon his transition away from the "dark-side" after being late in a snow-storm last year, And towards being a better team-player (but let us not mistake this, when viewing Burgess's growing age and just "o.k." skill-set, In saying Burgess WILL BE some great "Impact" Player)...      So Who On God's Green Turf, Does NE have after this ???  First, Let's just pass on talking about Eric Alexander &/Or Pierre Woods...just, Look- Don't, o.k.?       NOW , Getting into SPECIFICS :  ~WEAK OUTSIDE LINEBACKER : P. Woods & E. Alexander=They have ceased to exist in my Patriot World...  TBC=Good on certain passing downs, Yet Exploitable vs the run.  AFTER This, Weakside OLB hopefully CAN be pieced together (adequately enough) with:  Jermaine Cunningham (but know=He's still an untested rookie).  AND Any combo of the following (in NO order):  Gary Guyton, and I'll even include Tyrone McKenzie here as well...there's a thread out there RE: Guyton or Spikes @ SILB.  Please=Spikes IS our future SILB people, YET this is NOT to say that Guyton/McKenzie won't be giving either the weak or strong ILB people (Mayo/Spikes)-breathers and/or playing either spot during certain passing downs.  Overall, Guyton/McKenzie is about versatility, BOTH on the inside, And HERE: At potentially the Weakside OLB spot..Big Question is- With TBC a negative vs the run, BUT a decent pass-rusher @ OLB, What do you GAIN IF Guyton/McKenzie shows they are BETTER vs the run than TBC, but a worse pass-rushing threat than TBC?  Undrafted Rookie Free Agent-Dane Fletcher can/could also add some depth at this WOLB spot. ~CONCLUSION :  TBC + Cunningham + McKenzie/Guyton/D.Fletcher = NE will survive here.    ~STRONG OUTSIDE LINEBACKER : Hopefully, 1 of our 2 best FA OLB acquisitions: Marquess Murrell OR Rob Ninkovich can sub in somewhere (let's be realistic here people, WhoTH are these guys?).  1 of these 2 Players can HOPEFULLY sub in @ Strongside OLB...And so IF Derrick Burgess CAN hopefully make the transition from playing more of a 2-3 down Weakside OLB (as TBC came in an played his spot on 3rd down/certain passing downs), AND Just as he DID after Adalius Thomas being benched at the end of last year- Burgess adequately transitioned to occupying formerly AD's STRONGSIDE OLB spot, New England NOW has...what?       Burgess starting at SOLB, and HOPEFULLY?: Ninkovich OR Murrell filling in @ SOLB?  Imho, That ain't a good enough sub OR a STARTER! ~CONCLUSION :  Burgess + Ninkovich/Murrell = HUGE Question Mark @ SOLB spot?  Adewale Ogunleye:  A 4-3 Defensive End=Somewhat worrisome in ultimately making that transition to a 3-4 OLB position, and thus playing in space.  ALSO, Age- 33 years old...Gettin' up there in years, a recent leg injury too I believe...And slowing down/Too much wear and tear after 10 NFL years? So, IS Ogunleye WORTH It? Ogunleye IS a fast Defensive end... Protypical size @ 6'4 and 260lbs. Ogunleye IS extremely consistant:  You're NOT gonna get massive sack numbers, but @ SOLB, One DOES need a big enough, fast enough, smart enough guy, Who's STILL at least a threat to rush the passer.  Ogunleye IS slowing down somewhat, But he ain't gonna be dealing with taking on an Offensive Tackle every single play...  He's firey and competitive and he's a leadere and smart. Ogunleye, only getting something like 7 Sacks last year, STILL was Chicago's D-Line Sack Leader.  And make NO mistake, The Bears D IS extremely talented...  I'm unsure IF ALL these guys are still there on that D-line, but jesus:  Adewale Ogunleye, Alex Brown, Mark Anderson, Tommie Harris, Gaines Adams, Julius Peppers, Anthony Adams, Jarron Gilbert (draft-2009), Corey Wooten (draft-2010)...Yea, I know they haven't ALL played together, but these 9 guys have played (or will), On Chicago's Defensive Line over the past 2 Seasons...that's ridiculous.  Chicago is rebuilding, Chicago has D-Lineman in depth, And were HUGE players in this Free Agency period...ALL this means that Ogunleye as a Free Agent commanding a few mil a year, Is/Was simply too expensive for Chicago...           So I already know what you're gonna ask, "IF Ogunleye played on such a vaulted Defense, shouldn't he have had MORE/BETTER numbers than what he actually had" (seeing less double teams, being surrounded by better D players, etc.)?       My Answer: "Nope...Chicago's Offense has been THAT bad."  Chicago's defense gets COMPLETELY sh#fted by Chi's Offense...and it ain't simply 1 statistic, IT's ALL of them combined:  Total Offense, Rushing Offense, Yards per Carry, Yards per Pass Attempt, Total 1st Downs, Tunover margin, Time of Possession, OffensivePenalties, Rushing 1st downs, Red-Zone Ints = Lmao...ALL in the bottom 1/3, bottome 1/4, bottom 5 teams, and/or even dead last.  Adewale Ogunleye-IF this guy checks out medically, Imo-He'd be a fantastic acquisition for New England.   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]
     Ahh, SO LAz.......Just what is it your trying to say about the Patriots LB situation again? LoL!!! There are a bunch of young guys on this defense, I would love to hear from a fan or two that might be there at the camps to see if anyone is showing above average status. Seabass was a great find on the O-Line, I wish the Patriots could find a stud or two on the D!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

as i mentioned in two previous posts it is easier to find sacks out of the 4-3 than the 3-4 this guy is an end

Burgess is not comming back, i like this pick up

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

He was performing better than average in the three games before he broke his leg last year.  Old guy, probably a reasonable pass rusher with some coverage skills, but he will be behind Cunningham who I expect to be quite good and who is being groomed to start on third and long, and Tully Banta-Cain who is good now.  He's probably the best available player sitting at home by the phone who can start pass-rushing within six weeks from now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]According to Pro Football Focus rankings Ogunleye better pass rusher and coverage than Woods, Ninkovich, Burgess and Alex Hall. Liability against the run though. Ogunleye pass rush comparison caveat, he’s a 4-3 DE vs the others playing 3-4 OLB. Apples to Oranges but take it for what it’s worth.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

If that is true then he's not a good fit. Chances are he'll be competing for playing time at the LOLB position and that position is responsible for the run. He'd make a great pick up. At 6'4, 260 pounds he fits the requirements to play OLB in Belichick's 34 defense. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]According to Pro Football Focus rankings Ogunleye better pass rusher and coverage than Woods, Ninkovich, Burgess and Alex Hall. Liability against the run though. Ogunleye pass rush comparison caveat, he’s a 4-3 DE vs the others playing 3-4 OLB. Apples to Oranges but take it for what it’s worth.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

Someone correct me IF I'm wrong, but Ogunleye plays for The Bears in a 4-3 Defense...and within this Defense, Ogunleye plays LEFT Defensive End (the DE on the Offense's Strong-side of the field).  Now 4-3 DEs are 10 X more concerned with rushing the passer and getting to the backfield as 1-gapping D-Lineman, compared with 2-gapping 3-4 D-Lineman, As it is anyways.  A 4-3 Defense, as it is, At least in terms of their D-Line, WANTS to spearhead through the gaps between O-Lineman, and try to make a play by disrupting the Offensive backfield, rather than merely "occupy" multiple O-Lineman (multiple gaps), like any 3-4 D-lineman, In order to free up 3-4 OLBs, right?

Further now, Ogunleye as a 4-3 Defensive End, has 2 choices as a "1 gapper"=Go in between the Right OT and Right OG, OR go all-the-way around the Right OT...Either way, The 4-3 DE's main job is to disrupt the O's backfield, right?  A VERY close second (in terms of DE's "job")- IS that considering you have 1 less Linebacker to cover the field, BOTH DEs are trying their best to BOTH: Rush the passing pocket and make a play, And IF it's a Running Play=TURN the play inward (where there IS more defenders-Don't let it get to the outside of them). 

YET now, UNLIKE a Right-side 4-3 DE (Julius Peppers/i.e. your very best pass-rushing DE, Because that RIGHT 4-3 DE is ON the blind-side of the oppossing QB), The Left 4-3 DE is faced with having an extra task:  Disrupt the Backfield.  Turn the Play INside.  AND, the left 4-3 DE now has that wider expanse of the field, Which means that he's got MORE room to worry about Turning the run inside, Likewise, much of the time, That Left 4-3 DE is now facing a TE lined up against him, And/Or a Fullback, AND that Right Offensve Tackle which he ALWAYS faces...  In otherwords, at best that 4-3 LEFT DE just wants to Hopefully disrupt the backfield #1, and #2 Do EVERYthing he possibly can facing 1, 2, and even 3 blockers-, Simply to steer the play inside, towards his teammates...

~I mean, did the Pro Football Focus guy say that, Or did he just look at Ogunleye's stats and say, "No good 'gainst run..."?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder if that means their not thrilled with what they have?
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

With Burgess no showing....they don't have many choices other than to work some people out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Pick him up and let him RUSH the passer!  Pin the ears back & go get the QB.  I would love to see the Pats pick up Aaron Shoebel in Buff - but let's start here with Ogunleye...we'll see!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I say bring him in now, he may not be the exact piece of the puzzle we're looking for but he's close. He's experienced and knows how to get into the backfield.
    At the very least you can rotate him in on obvious passing downs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

agree Sam Adams!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't think he is a good fit in our defense...plus the Pats just signed another WR and TE to bump our camp numbers up to the 80 limit. 
    Lets see how long these 2 new guys stick around. I predict a few days. 

I do however agree with Laz a bit. I think there is an opportunity to use Guyton and McKenzie outside. These guys are both versatile. Both should be able to split time as needed between inside and out. Spikes unfortunately is not the same. He was born an SILB and should play that position day 1. Mayo on the other hand can probably play both ILB and OLB as he did in college. We have versatility on the current roster, I hope BB uses these guys like this rather than plugging McKenzie/Mayo in at ILB only. 

I think BB should put together a nice trade package and look at acquiring an OLB from a team as soon as possible. Some have talked about Lamar Woodley. He would be a great fit in our D. I think there are probably a few others I would put on that list and I think if we are aggressive enough, we can make it happen. God knows we have the ammo in spades.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i cant imagine him having a whole heck of alot left in the tank...and to play OLB for the first time in his professional career-a 4-3 DE trying to cover RB's and TE's? this is a move that reaks of desperation

on the bright side...they can probably bring him in on the cheap and isnt a bad back up plan if one of the DE's goes down

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Report: Schobel expects release, wants to talk to other teams

Pats are one of them...?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]i cant imagine him having a whole heck of alot left in the tank...and to play OLB for the first time in his professional career-a 4-3 DE trying to cover RB's and TE's? this is a move that reaks of desperation on the bright side...they can probably bring him in on the cheap and isnt a bad back up plan if one of the DE's goes down
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of this. OLB is toom much for him. We also signed 2 former 1st rd picks at the same age for cheap.(Warren/Lewis) I do like Ogunleye's ability to pressure better then these guys but he would probably be very situational. A liability to the defense with little ability against the run and coverage. Maybe cheap as a depth guy but I would rather look at Shoebel in the same role.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/02/report-schobel-expects-release-wants-to-talk-to-other-teams/

I cannot see him comming to the patriots to play on a defense with no identity as we are torn between schemes due to veteran losses and the lack of experience.

I can see him going to a team in contention that runs a 4-3 like the following;

Saints (pair up with Alex Brown)
    Viking's (two crazy white guys... maybe Aaron can sport a mullet as well)
    Colts
    Titans (maybe)
    Seahawks (probably not)

It is possible that Aaron forced a trade becasue he did not want to play in the Bills new 3-4???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If Schobel is out there I would tell him that we'd be playing mostly 4-3 if he were to come here

The current Patriots club has the personal to be more 4-3 than 3-4 right now

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adewale Ogunleye worked out for the Patriots today : I agree with all of this. OLB is toom much for him. We also signed 2 former 1st rd picks at the same age for cheap.(Warren/Lewis) I do like Ogunleye's ability to pressure better then these guys but he would probably be very situational. A liability to the defense with little ability against the run and coverage. Maybe cheap as a depth guy but I would rather look at Shoebel in the same role.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
    or even someone who is a bit of a project that may be cut from another team...but id imagine ogunleye to be just short of completely worthless to a team that runs a 4-3 defense

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

why not grab them both and run the tampa 2

longshot but it would make sense

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]I would agree about not being happy, but it more being about depth. I would imagine Greg Ellis is next in line. Alex Hall was just picked up by the Giants after being placed on waivers, but keep in mind teams will be cutting quality DEs or OLBs here shortly...
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

I don't know Russ, teams don't normally cut "quality" guys at any position, let alone a relatively scarce one like 3-4 DE/OLB.  There will be some bodies available, but quality...?

Sections
Shortcuts