Adilius Thomas cut...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Adilius Thomas cut...

Time to drop this bum. he obviously doesnt buy into Belichicks system. Suspend him for the rest of the season, bench, cut him. I dont care.

Whos with me!?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Adilius Thomas cut...

Trade him to Oakland for their 1st pick in 2012. Al Davis thinks he's worth it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Him talking like that is bad for sure. He is as good as gone this offseason. He clearly doesn't care. I expected more from him when he came over.......clearly a bust imho............the writing is on the wall with this group of guys and I hate to say it but I don't think they will respond well. THEY ARE FALLING APART AT THE WRONG TIME. I DIDN'T EXPECT THIS TO BE A REBUILDING YEAR BUT BB HAS OTHER IDEAS . I DIDN'T SEE THIS BOMB COMING THIS YEAR.........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Over/under on Thomas being cut/suspended/benched by the game on sunday?

im going to say there will be a response by tomorrow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

SALARY CAP HIT WILL PREVENT HIM FROM BEING CUT THIS YEAR

HE WILL BE IN ACTIVE 

AND IN OFFSEASON... HE IS OUT FOR SURE!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Addition by subtraction.

Cut him. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

He is the first Patriot in the Belichick era to run his mouth to the media.  He obviously doesn't care about the consequences of speaking out at this point.  Bill better do something or he's opening the floodgate.  I'm guessing he sits. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cory316. Show Cory316's posts

Out with Adalius and in with Peter Griffin. Maybe we can beat the London Silly Nannies.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from finishbreakfast. Show finishbreakfast's posts

In Response to Adilius Thomas cut...:
    [QUOTE]Time to drop this bum. he obviously doesnt buy into Belichicks system. Suspend him for the rest of the season, bench, cut him. I dont care. Whos with me!?!
    Posted by Boston-kyle[/QUOTE]

AD wont last the week. He will be made an example of a day or two before gameday. Things are gonna unravel quick.

Need more coaching presense though. BB has yes men, thats it. Nothin will change in big picture if coordinator positions arent filled with real coaches. (Pees is not coordinator material)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Adilius Thomas cut...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Adilius Thomas cut... : AD wont last the week. He will be made an example of a day or two before gameday. Things are gonna unravel quick.
    Posted by finishbreakfast[/QUOTE]

I thought the same.  However, after looking at project cap hits, it makes more sense to bench him; let him go for 2010, yeah?

http://patscap.com/2008capinfo.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

could they suspend him for the rest of the season? similar to terry glenn antics back in 2001. Belichick didnt put up with that premaddona.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

[QUOTE]SALARY CAP HIT WILL PREVENT HIM FROM BEING CUT THIS YEAR HE WILL BE IN ACTIVE  AND IN OFFSEASON... HE IS OUT FOR SURE!
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE]
    i was going to post on this but glad u beat me to the punch. i think both guys are tight but since bel is the man, he cant allow this stuff to continue. there are lots of teams equipped to handle and reinforce AD's attitude. he thrived here in baltimore and will again if put bak into that type of environment. rex ryan for example would love to have him again! he will have a resurgence. bel went thru this with terry glenn... glenn had a pretty good post-belichick career esp with parcells no less. glenn is the only other guy to openly mess with bel. u give AD the same treatment. u mmediately send him home WITH PAY, while keepg him on the roster due to salary cap reasons. we can lose in the second half just as easily without as with him. during the off-season, since he has a $!0M salary cap number or 1om in salary/bonuses coming his way in offseason, u may either sit with him and see if u can salvage the situation, or more likely.. trade him to the jets or to chicago for a 5th or 6th rounder and have that be that! or u may flip him for another overrated type guy like a receiver with some value. either way, AD has to immediuately be let go. he can not play on sunday. what he did is unpardonable. he had a day to think it over, did it in the locker room, was unrepentant, made it clear he's not buying into bel's way... this clearly has been brewing for a long time. he has become a cancer and pariah. u bring him bak and you completely undermine your team and your leadership. there's a reason every so often 3rd world dictators have a purge.. sometimes you just need to send a message and AD is the perfect fall guy! he has to go! he has to go! he has to go!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

I just saw the interview he gave to the media on ESPN and all I can say is... someone needs to hit him!  The reason the Pats are in the situation they are now is because of the leadership void they have in that locker oom.  Teddy or Rodney would have never let Thomas say something like that in public.  He is totally undermining the team with his laissez-faire attitude and he can't play to boot.  I think they should put him on the bench and only let him play special teams from here on out.  Let him rot on the bench for all I care. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

AD stands for ALL DONE!!!!  What an idiot.  I think this needed to be done.  If he was actually doing something on the field and being a leader than maybe he could speak up, no one even cares what he is thinking.  I'm worried that one bad apple will ruin the bunch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

I think the suspension is the perfect solution til the offseason comes where they most likely can trade him. The cut just seems impractical cuz he could just come back to haunt the Patriots by signing with the Jets or Dolphins or another rival and have his former patriot brain picked by rival coaches. A suspension would get him out of sight and out of mind in and around the team. There are more younger players on this team that need to be taught a lesson. That openingly going against the head coach is uncalled for and will have severe consequences. Time to suspend Thomas for the remainder of the season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

I think Bill and Adilius need to hug it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZvarRe-XVQ

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

He´s going to be traded during the Draft... He has a lot of value for at least 15 teams of the league.

If this continues he will be praying for the Jets to sign him !!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

Brandon Graham, DE Michigan would make a nice replacement for A. Thomas in the first round of the draft!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from finishbreakfast. Show finishbreakfast's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adilius Thomas cut... : i was going to post on this but glad u beat me to the punch. i think both guys are tight but since bel is the man, he cant allow this stuff to continue. there are lots of teams equipped to handle and reinforce AD's attitude. he thrived here in baltimore and will again if put bak into that type of environment. rex ryan for example would love to have him again! he will have a resurgence. bel went thru this with terry glenn... glenn had a pretty good post-belichick career esp with parcells no less. glenn is the only other guy to openly mess with bel. u give AD the same treatment. u mmediately send him home WITH PAY, while keepg him on the roster due to salary cap reasons. we can lose in the second half just as easily without as with him. during the off-season, since he has a $!0M salary cap number or 1om in salary/bonuses coming his way in offseason, u may either sit with him and see if u can salvage the situation, or more likely.. trade him to the jets or to chicago for a 5th or 6th rounder and have that be that! or u may flip him for another overrated type guy like a receiver with some value. either way, AD has to immediuately be let go. he can not play on sunday. what he did is unpardonable. he had a day to think it over, did it in the locker room, was unrepentant, made it clear he's not buying into bel's way... this clearly has been brewing for a long time. he has become a cancer and pariah. u bring him bak and you completely undermine your team and your leadership. there's a reason every so often 3rd world dictators have a purge.. sometimes you just need to send a message and AD is the perfect fall guy! he has to go! he has to go! he has to go!
    Posted by bubbazilla[/QUOTE]

All good points, but Bill Parcells was the first to have a problem with Glenn. He was forced to accept Glenn because Kraft wouldnt let Greer draft Christian Peters because the woman abuse(or some other significant accusations) that hung over his head. Actually, Parcells referred to Glenn as a woman when a report asked if Glenn's injury was serious and Parcells said "she'll be ok". BB inherited a moron and took care of it. It wasn't personal from Glenn. AD pretty much hates BB.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Well this certainly changes the cap situation, so much money is tied up in him all we have to do is trade/cut him. Hopefully trade for good draft pick(s). I seen some guy put the Raiders 2012 first rounder lol, I think that's too long to wait on some compensation you know? Anybody know what that espn insider thing on the Pats/Peppers talks heating up once again says? AT(plus a pick if needed) for JP possibly? I don't care if he can't cover anyone, pass rush is the D's problem.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from finishbreakfast. Show finishbreakfast's posts

[QUOTE]Brandon Graham, DE Michigan would make a nice replacement for A. Thomas in the first round of the draft!!
    Posted by jiminycricket[/QUOTE]

I changed my view on his demise. I think he starts this sunday. BB will give Adalius Thomas the dubious distinction of being the first Patriot to be booed by 70k people in Gillette stadium. Then he'll sit him after the first play and cut him monday. But he won't tell him he's cut, they'll just empty his locker.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Cut him? why? that doesn't make any sense no matter what kind of crap he does, he has some market value. Just suc k it up and wait until the offseason. The Patriots are already on the edge with the cap no need to sink the ship just because a player feels like whining. I already know the Patriots won't make the SB this year, lets be honest. Unless a miracle happens it just won't happen. The defense can't stop a good passing team to save their life so I'm already looking forward to the draft. Time to rebuild in the draft more, Randy isn't getting any younger so gotta start looking for a good future number 1 WR, defense needs alot of help, ect.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I don't think we should cut him, we should deactivate him and hope to get something for him in a trade this offseason. Put too much into the guy to get nothing....I can see a lot of teams giving up at least a 2nd for him and maybe a few desperate teams, parting with a 1st.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

what was LATE defeined as in Foxboro? An hour? 30 Minutes? or what. IF this team was Wining, this so called message wouldnt have happened. I say take a look at the offensive play calling and put up some points in the second half and stop asking the defense to protect thin leads. Its tough!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from finishbreakfast. Show finishbreakfast's posts

I don't think we should cut him, we should deactivate him and hope to get something for him in a trade this offseason. Put too much into the guy to get nothing....I can see a lot of teams giving up at least a 2nd for him and maybe a few desperate teams, parting with a 1st.
    Posted by FishTaco64

If he's inactive the last four games, his value plummets. What team would give a 1st or 2nd round pick for a guy they know the Pats aren't gonna keep anyway. He gets traded now for a 4th, maybe a 3rd if there is a chump that will give up that pick for a guy that will be 33 soon and hasn't done a thing in a couple of years.

Sections
Shortcuts