Adilius Thomas cut...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Re: Adilius Thomas cut...

Belichick is the one who brought him in and never used him like they did in Balitmore. Sorry to say..he's why he's here and that's half the blame in itself. Yep he's sucked this year but everyone is looking for scapegoat. Moss, AD but no no never Brady the guy not holding his end of the bargain this year and cost us more wins then AD and Moss combined.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

At this point it doesn't matter if we cut, bench or play him.  He had already quit the team after his healthy scratch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from finishbreakfast. Show finishbreakfast's posts

In Response to Re: Adilius Thomas cut...:
    Belichick is the one who brought him in and never used him like they did in Balitmore. Sorry to say..he's why he's here and that's half the blame in itself. Yep he's sucked this year but everyone is looking for scapegoat. Moss, AD but no no never Brady the guy not holding his end of the bargain this year and cost us more wins then AD and Moss combined.
    Posted by tompenny

I don't think AD is a scapegoat. Moss, well his effort is lacking, as is AD(would many argue with that?)

But Brady's play has been poor at some key times, yes. Difficult to come back from a demolished knee for sure though, as it has with many QB's.. That being said, if Brady's in on the play calling, then I'm with you that Brady should be criticized because they are beyond utterly predictable and Welker's career will last 2 more years tops at this rate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]what was LATE defeined as in Foxboro? An hour? 30 Minutes? or what. IF this team was Wining, this so called message wouldnt have happened. I say take a look at the offensive play calling and put up some points in the second half and stop asking the defense to protect thin leads. Its tough!
    Posted by achie[/QUOTE]

To achie and ALL:

~achie, You make the distinction that Winning and Being late for Practice Meetings are totally disassociated from one another, and that the two are merely incidental and unrelated.  Unfortunately You, like Adalius Thomas, Have missed Belichick's Point:  The point BB is trying to make, Is that this lack of urgency, immediacy, desire, top-notch effort, and a million other things that we can call it, ARE effects that make themselves known and felt in EVERY aspect of the game (and that includes showing the supreme caring and positive attitude to show up for Team Meetings on time, and thus to show that Winning for the N.E. Team is absolutely Priority A #1 for You).  Bill Belichick is showing EVERYone that ANYthing less than Complete Dedication to making this team winners, Doesn't mean sh#t and Will NOT do.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

since we are at it, think belichick should ban that gizzy from the pats locker room too! SHE WAS LATE! that baby should have been here a week ago!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pangloss65. Show Pangloss65's posts

While I agree with the comments on AD, I think sending the four home was a stupid way to deal with the situation, and will hurt the team's morale and their preparation for Carolina. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from finishbreakfast. Show finishbreakfast's posts

[QUOTE]While I agree with the comments on AD, I think sending the four home was a stupid way to deal with the situation, and will hurt the team's morale and their preparation for Carolina. 
    Posted by Pangloss65[/QUOTE]

and if 4 other players show up late next week? Maybe they should just wait and start the meetings when everyone decides to show up?

Union member?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Thomas will be cut after the season.  The reason he won't be traded?  Try cap hits of $9 million in 2010 and $10 million in 2011.  A team wouldn't give up a pile of used jock straps for that contract, let alone a high draft pick.  He'll sign with someone, but his days with the Patriots are over after this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adilius Thomas cut... : I don't think AD is a scapegoat. Moss, well his effort is lacking, as is AD(would many argue with that?) But Brady's play has been poor at some key times, yes. Difficult to come back from a demolished knee for sure though, as it has with many QB's.. That being said, if Brady's in on the play calling, then I'm with you that Brady should be criticized because they are beyond utterly predictable and Welker's career will last 2 more years tops at this rate.
    Posted by finishbreakfast[/QUOTE]

Everyone knows he takes some plays off. This has bee gone over a zillion times.  Yet wiith "lacking effort" he is top 5 in yards and TD's when he should have another few hundred hards and 3-4 more TD's if Brady didn't miss all those wide open long balls to him. AD has been worthless for years so his impact on the game is minimal anyway. Brady has the most impact on the teams wins and losses and he's not played at any elite  level pretty much all year. Period. Take away the Tenn game and he's been an average QB. Not even top 10 this year. When guys are getting open even with our obviously horrific playcalling he has to make those throws and he hasn't too many times this year and deserves as much blame as anyone for our offensive woes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from finishbreakfast. Show finishbreakfast's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adilius Thomas cut... : Everyone knows he takes some plays off. This has bee gone over a zillion times.  Yet wiith "lacking effort" he is top 5 in yards and TD's when he should have another few hundred hards and 3-4 more TD's if Brady didn't miss all those wide open long balls to him. AD has been worthless for years so his impact on the game is minimal anyway. Brady has the most impact on the teams wins and losses and he's not played at any elite  level pretty much all year. Period. Take away the Tenn game and he's been an average QB. Not even top 10 this year. When guys are getting open even with our obviously horrific playcalling he has to make those throws and he hasn't too many times this year and deserves as much blame as anyone for our offensive woes.

Take away the Tenn game from Brady? Ok, then take it away from Moss then too.

Too funny

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Take away the Tenn game from Brady? Ok, then take it away from Moss then too. Too funny
    Posted by finishbreakfast

Go ahead. I'm not sure what you trying to say. Moss has been inarguably  better at his position than Brady has been at his this year. With or without that game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from finishbreakfast. Show finishbreakfast's posts

In Response to Re: Adilius Thomas cut... : Go ahead. I'm not sure what you trying to say. Moss has been inarguably  better at his position than Brady has been at his this year. With or without that game.
    Posted by tompenny

Really?  Baltimore? Atlanta? Tampa? Last Miami game? Both Jets games?

And this is Moss you are talking about?

What I'm sayin is both are playing marginal. And they are playing marginally for enitirely different reasons.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Adilius Thomas cut...:
    [QUOTE]Time to drop this bum. he obviously doesnt buy into Belichicks system. Suspend him for the rest of the season, bench, cut him. I dont care. Whos with me!?!
    Posted by Boston-kyle[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  I think BB is wrong and AT is right.  The decision to send people home (in this case AT says he was 10 minutes late) because they were late in bad weather conditions is just plain stupid.

Just put it this way, I think if most of us who are employed by an organization is 10 minutes late for work due to snow - the supervisor/boss would say - ok, your safe, let's get to work.

Like other poor game decisions that BB has made this season - this is just another one. He basically gave players a stupid reason to rebel.  These players are grown men, they don't need to be treated like children. If BB is upset because of the teams performance - then he needs to correct the causes - starting with himself..and working on down to the other coaches and to the players - but on the field.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adilius Thomas cut... : Really?  Baltimore? Atlanta? Tampa? Last Miami game? Both Jets games? And this is Moss you are talking about? What I'm sayin is both are playing marginal. And they are playing marginally for enitirely different reasons.
    Posted by finishbreakfast[/QUOTE]

Yep. Moss has had a marginal year. He'd easily lead the league by a landslide in yards and TD's if Brady hadn't missed him on so many gimme bombs this year. Now he's delagated to only being #1 in yards and # 2 in TD's when teams defensive game plans pretty much revolve around stopping him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from STAUGGY. Show STAUGGY's posts

RAY LEWIS WOULD NOT SHAKE HIS HAND,AND HAD NO USE FOR A.D. IN BALT.
      THIS GUY GOT HIS CASH AND RETIRED ON THE JOB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thetrinity12. Show thetrinity12's posts

That's a horrible, horrible hit against the cap if we cut him. Trade him for peanuts, sure, but cutting him isn't an option. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

It didn't bother be so much when four players were late for practice. But the way Thomas has responded, to the media, is inexcusable.

This guy has never been worth the money the Pats have thrown at him, and now he has resorted to out-and-out mutiny. I'm done cheering for this guy. He's a Patriot-in-name-only as far as I'm concerned.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I don't have a problem with a player speaking out against a tyrant who cares more about a few minutes of a meeting than his players' safety. I realize you should leave early, but driving in the snow is dangerous; even a tiny bit of consideration for your players would be nice.

"Let's rush to practice, in bad weather,  so we can go over the same 6 plays on offense and the same vanilla D, that everyone has figured out"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

I wish I was able to watch practices... just to see Adilius Thomas run laps all day with his head down...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

NOT HIS FAULT  LOOKING FOR SOMWONE TO BLAME ,, SCpegoat nonsense

Look at my post "new D lineup" for the answer. NOt this tripe

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I stop reading about the Pats for a week and the next thing I read is this f*ggot mutinying?  Put him in a cage fight with Welker.  Wes will eat him alive. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Reiss' chat today, he said that BB made it a point of emphasis on Monday for everyone to arrive early and leave late.  Nobody run out the door.  He was basically telling his players to put in the extra hours each day.  You have to consider that when you evaluate how reasonable/unreasonable BB was in sending them home.

Is it hard to imagine BB putting his players on notice to burn some extra hours and Adalius just kind of ignoring it and coming in normal time, or should I say a few minutes late?  Not for me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

m

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

That's a horrible, horrible hit against the cap if we cut him. Trade him for peanuts, sure, but cutting him isn't an option. 
    Posted by thetrinity12

+1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

so- you guys are all sure- thomas is cut and there are no cap reprecussions?

Sections
Shortcuts