Adilius Thomas cut...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Re: Adilius Thomas cut...

In Response to Re: Adilius Thomas cut...:
    Thomas will be cut after the season.  The reason he won't be traded?  Try cap hits of $9 million in 2010 and $10 million in 2011.  A team wouldn't give up a pile of used jock straps for that contract, let alone a high draft pick.  He'll sign with someone, but his days with the Patriots are over after this year.
    Posted by pyegian

I bet Carolina would give up JP and his 16 mil contract for AT's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

For a guy who has clearly under-performed since his arrival in New England, this is an odd way to make himself more attractive to prospective suitors once the Pats jettison him in the off-season.

Would anyone be surprised if there isn't already a handshake deal in place with Rex Ryan?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

For a guy who has clearly under-performed since his arrival in New England, this is an odd way to make himself more attractive to prospective suitors once the Pats jettison him in the off-season. Would anyone be surprised if there isn't already a handshake deal in place with Rex Ryan?
    Posted by prairiemike

Nice conspiracy theory Mike, were they together in Baltimore?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

In Reiss' chat today, he said that BB made it a point of emphasis on Monday for everyone to arrive early and leave late.  Nobody run out the door.  He was basically telling his players to put in the extra hours each day.  You have to consider that when you evaluate how reasonable/unreasonable BB was in sending them home.

I'll give Bill B the benefit of the doubt. I bet he told them the weather is going to be bad and allow yourself some extra time. Its crunch time. Kraft pays these guys millions to play. He pretty much owns them in reality. If we want to get in the playoffs its time to get it on right now. Not 10 minutes from now. If the guy made 60K a year then ok. But 5M or some silly figure like that you do as the man says. The Pats have an air of winning. Players want to come to NE to win. If they don't like it then theres 31 other teams they can play for. Ask Big Sey how he's liking it on the other coast. His attitude helped him get send there I'd imagine. I'm with Bill B on this one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

You guys on the forum have come a long way this year.  I suggested that he was somewhat of a disappointment during TC this year, and y'all told me I was nuts and cited a bunch of sack statistics when he was playing his true position outside.  The man was a stud in Balt., got his big payday with NE, and he doesn't seem to be the same player now.  I suppose he lost the fire once he got the money and he can't quite muster the motivation to learn BB's complicated system. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

In Response to Re: Adilius Thomas cut... :  RAY LEWIS WOULD NOT SHAKE HIS HAND,AND HAD NO USE FOR A.D. IN BALT.   THIS GUY GOT HIS CASH AND RETIRED ON THE JOB.
    Posted by STAUGGY

What is the deal with Ray Lewis and Thomas? I heard comments about it yesterday. Anyone know??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

He needs to go. Didn't check the weather, eh Adalius? Well, that's YOUR fault, NOT the team's! How about some accountability...you live in the NORTHEAST YOU MORON!

Yes, the focus should be on the team you are playing, and not on being late. Well, you should've proven your focus for the next opponent by BEING ON TIME!

I remember a coach locking out a star defensive player for being late to a meeting. I remember the media, fans, players talking about how it was going to destroy that team. I remember that team....the 2007 New York Giants. You know, the same team that beat our 2007 New England Patriots on the doorstep of Martha Focking 19-0!!!!

The TEAM wil be fine. At some point, this malcontent needs to go. Does it show he used to play for Rex cRyan?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I stop reading about the Pats for a week and the next thing I read is this f*ggot mutinying?  Put him in a cage fight with Welker.  Wes will eat him alive. 
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Yes! I'm thinking of a repeat performance of Royce Gracie's coming ont the UFC years ago and fighting a 300lb beast of a man, more than TWICE his size!

Set it up! Build a cage at the 50 right over the logo, and let's separate the men from the check-cashers. My money is on Welker #2, but nobody is beating Vince...not Fedor, not Brock, not King Kong or Godzilla.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Adilius Thomas cut... : What is the deal with Ray Lewis and Thomas? I heard comments about it yesterday. Anyone know??
    Posted by NEGAME

It's a Ray Lewis and Adalius Thomas, that's about all you need to know. Mouthy and mouthier, and both well past their productive days.

Anyone who went to a public school in the city has seen it play out time and time again. An alpha male with extremely limited intelligence will stir the pot frequently. AD insulted Ray by having the balls to leave him, and go play elsewhere. How DARE he do that TO RAY LEWIS. That's about it as far as I can tell. Two ignint fools barking at each other from opposite sides of the fence. Now AD had his chain jerked, and doesn't like that either. Bye bye Adalius, wish I had a single fond memory of you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

Kyle, One thing that is inevitable at this point is that thomas will be traded after the season. Knowing what the patriots are all about (value), I would say that the patriots will play him every game and hope that he responds by playing better and building some value so that a reasonable trade can be made. If they sit him out, his value will be minimal after the season and the pats will also be short a LB the rest of the season. Not a wise choice!
    Ditto fro maroney ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from friendlygolden. Show friendlygolden's posts

He lives within jogging distance of the stadium......

I think we need to remember who decided to trade for this idiot in the 1st place.   BB owns this problem and HE needs to fix it for the sake of the TEAM and the ownership.   Hindishgt being 20:20.....we have the classic bad management decision to blame for this one.  Thomas has never been a WORKER and he will never play up to his natural potential....this is not the profile of a PATRIOT football player and he never was one. 

BB - make the best of it for this season and yoou better figure out how to trade him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryder73. Show ryder73's posts

In Response to Adilius Thomas cut...:
    Time to drop this bum. he obviously doesnt buy into Belichicks system. Suspend him for the rest of the season, bench, cut him. I dont care. Whos with me!?!
    Posted by Boston-kyle

...and he is horrible on the field. This guy has not done anything for this team since he has been here. Now i see why his old teamates from Baltimore had no respect for him.

Remember Ray Lewis and them calling him out when he first got here?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Adilius Thomas cut...:
    Time to drop this bum. he obviously doesnt buy into Belichicks system. Suspend him for the rest of the season, bench, cut him. I dont care. Whos with me!?!
    Posted by Boston-kyle

He's just dead weight at this point. Put him and his attitude on a bus today.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nalaa. Show nalaa's posts

All the Man did was tell his side of the story,something we would all expect to be able to do in a given situation. It's a basic right that should'nt be denied this isn't indentured servitude

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonlany. Show jonlany's posts

Cut, sit, bench ....him is only a temp solution. Will that get the team back to its winning ways during the last month? Not so sure ... BB and Pees and O'Brien, they need to do some soul searching about their own performances, it is painful to see the team play so bad at times ....some of the bad calls they made,... it is time to bring back C Weis and Romeo. There is a reason why when these two coaches left the org, the team never won the big game ...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

I just saw the interview he gave to the media on ESPN and all I can say is... someone needs to hit him!  The reason the Pats are in the situation they are now is because of the leadership void they have in that locker oom.  Teddy or Rodney would have never let Thomas say something like that in public.  He is totally undermining the team with his laissez-faire attitude and he can't play to boot.  I think they should put him on the bench and only let him play special teams from here on out.  Let him rot on the bench for all I care. 
    Posted by soxfan33928

Yeah. He needs to be hit. What better way to show how wrong he is, than to hit him.  The nerve of AD - he's asked what he thinks, and he answers. Sure grounds for a beating.  What's happened to the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave when an adult American can't give his honest answer to a question he's asked.  AD's relationship to BB is not slave to slave master, nor private to general. They're both (highly paid) professionals under contract to the same organization. In no organization will a professional allow himself to be treated like a child, or muzzled. Professional adults speak their minds. The truth needs to be sorted out. This is also why autocratic systems fail. 

What a big distraction from the larger problem: failure of team management to put the right combination of player talent, game plans, and game execution together. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Adilius Thomas cut... : Yeah. He needs to be hit. What better way to show how wrong he is, than to hit him.  The nerve of AD - he's asked what he thinks, and he answers. Sure grounds for a beating.  What's happened to the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave when an adult American can't give his honest answer to a question he's asked.  AD's relationship to BB is not slave to slave master, nor private to general. They're both (highly paid) professionals under contract to the same organization. In no organization will a professional allow himself to be treated like a child, or muzzled. Professional adults speak their minds. The truth needs to be sorted out. This is also why autocratic systems fail.  What a big distraction from the larger problem: failure of team management to put the right combination of player talent, game plans, and game execution together.      
    Posted by expertmike

Yeah, it's a free country.  He is free to say whatever he wants and everybody is free to call him an idiot for saying it. 

The issue is if he has a problem with being sent home, he should have taken it to the coaches not the media.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

I remember when Thomas use to be a power hitter This yr not so much. but like the entire team They play the same way he is.  They act like they just don't care. and It shows in there Preformance every week. I say Thomas Its time to WAKE UP or GET OUT. There is no excuse for there behavior. You either be a team player or sit on the bench

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

STAUGGY said "RAY LEWIS WOULD NOT SHAKE HIS HAND,AND HAD NO USE FOR A.D. IN BALT."

This is the strongest arguement made yet as to why why we should actually like Thomas!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Thomas will sit out Sunday's game: http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/12/12/pats-thomas-wont-play-vs-panthers-after-meeting-flap/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

I just saw the interview he gave to the media on ESPN and all I can say is... someone needs to hit him!  The reason the Pats are in the situation they are now is because of the leadership void they have in that locker oom.  Teddy or Rodney would have never let Thomas say something like that in public.  He is totally undermining the team with his laissez-faire attitude and he can't play to boot.  I think they should put him on the bench and only let him play special teams from here on out.  Let him rot on the bench for all I care. 
    Posted by soxfan33928

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

All the Man did was tell his side of the story,something we would all expect to be able to do in a given situation. It's a basic right that should'nt be denied this isn't indentured servitude
    Posted by nalaa

This is so true. The man is late by a few minutes because of an ice storm. Rather than say that he was glad nobody was in an accident or hurt, BB does a grand-standing panic act to show everybody how tough he is. Tough? What a weak, insecure move. Is BB THAT afraid that he has lost control? He thinks THIS will get it back? And the lemmings rally behind BB with this In Bill We Trust garbage. Thomas will go elsewhere next year and be a very good player. BB is having a poor year as coach and the league has caught up to him as both coaches and GMs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Adilius Thomas cut... : Yeah. He needs to be hit. What better way to show how wrong he is, than to hit him.  The nerve of AD - he's asked what he thinks, and he answers. Sure grounds for a beating.  What's happened to the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave when an adult American can't give his honest answer to a question he's asked.  AD's relationship to BB is not slave to slave master, nor private to general. They're both (highly paid) professionals under contract to the same organization. In no organization will a professional allow himself to be treated like a child, or muzzled. Professional adults speak their minds. The truth needs to be sorted out. This is also why autocratic systems fail.  What a big distraction from the larger problem: failure of team management to put the right combination of player talent, game plans, and game execution together.      
    Posted by expertmike

What a great post.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim-S-from-VA. Show Jim-S-from-VA's posts

With his lack of overhwelming performance since he arrived, he's a s good as gone, but probably only inactive the rest fo the season.  And if he wants to gripe about BB, he knew what he was getting into when he signed that multi-million $$$ contract, so he really should quit whining and do something to help the team win...heck, Junior is back, get him into game shape and let him roll...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim-S-from-VA. Show Jim-S-from-VA's posts

And if he didn't like being sent home, then get to work on time..

Sections
Shortcuts