ADios Thomas!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

ADios Thomas!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.  But you're welcome to come post on here.  With the way you whine about everything, you'd fit right in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Re: ADios Thomas!

AD is the perfect example of the risks taken in signing free agents. People like to crap on the Pats organization as being too business like and cheap but AD highlights what so often happens. A high caliber free agent gets signed to a contract with a good amount of up front money then comes to the team with an inflated ego expecting the coaching staff to bend to their idea of how the team should be run. When they don't get the 'respect' they want they mail it in for the rest of the contract.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

ummmm ok no!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I am upset that there was not an all of the above selection......but no is winning....that is ok with me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

AT was coming off a great season with the Ravens when the Pats signed him. The danger with signing any player in any sport is that you sign him after his best season when his value is inflated. And thats what the Patriots brass did; as such he never really lived up to the contract he signed. Wasn't the first, won't be the last.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Trade him for anything before he signs with the Jets and turns all world.................its gonna happen if we don't...............

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

let the louse go to the jets...one big play in three years

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Adalius Thomas told the Globe recently that it has always been his dream to play and live in Detroit, MI. "I get a funny feeling in the birthmark on my face when I think about Detroit, kind of like Harry Potter you know? From the movies? Harry Potter? Ah you get it."

Adalius said that he has a short list of teams that he'll consider signing with including: Detroit, Oakland, Tampa, and possibly New England. Said Thomas, "The first thing to consider is moving my family to a nice area and the all the places I mentioned are fine cities with low crime and lovely public gardens. I wanna go somewhere where I can be a part of a rebuilding process; at this point in my career Super Bowls are over-hyped. I'd rather be helping to turn it around in Detroit or Oakland than just another guy on a SB winner. A lot of guys feel the way I do. Championships are overrated just ask Richard Seymour, Deion Branch, Assante Samuel or Ellis Hobbs.  You measure success in this game as how much you're contributing to the Player's Union and not in terms of am I world champion.  OK guys I gotta go; I've got to move a mountain of bonus money from my Boston bank to wherever I end up - fingers crossed for Detroit."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't know if any other team would pick up his 2010 salary, and that would be required if we want to trade him.  I don't think Adios would be inclined to restructure his salary in order to be traded.  So basically:

1. If we are lucky enough to find a team that will accept his 2010 salary, we trade him for anything.  I don't care if it's a 2099 7th round draft pick.

2. If we can't find a team to pick up his salary, we are basically hosed.  There is no way the Pats will pay his escalated wage next season.  We'll end up cutting him and he'll end up with the Jets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

i think we are off the hook for most of the money when we cut his azz- because the uncapped year... or something like that

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I picked the second choice in the poll, I'm fairly to moderately certain that I chose right (although I was awfully tempted by number 3)...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrotherBillStill. Show BrotherBillStill's posts

I re-watched the '07 Super Bowl on the NFL network about a week ago. Don't ask me why I inflicted this punishment on myself, it was like stopping to watch a car crash, I couldn't turn it off. Anyway, I had almost forgotten how many game ending plays DIDN'T happen. (Brandon Jacobs converts 4th and 1, the Asante dropped interception...) Adalius Thomas had not one, but two great pressures on Eli on their last drive. One almost caused a fumble. He chased him all the way across the field both times - they were great plays. And either (fumble recovery or sack) would probably have ended the game right there, and the Pats win. These would have been highlights watched over and over again as the play that sealed the perfect season, and ADT would have lived in New England sports lore forever. Instead, here we are....  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

Hopefully the Pats will remember this one and return to the formula that won them all those Superbowls. Stay away from the high priced free agent!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I guess the 4th "no" means more than the rest, it has the most votes!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgirl6. Show patsgirl6's posts

LMAO..great poll!! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

trade him to KC or denver or oakland for a draft pickWink

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Can we pack Maroney and Wilhite in his bags?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I liked Rosie Colvin SOOOOO much more than AD...heart, intelligence, articulate..bad luck with the injuries

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Bottom line, when he sighed here he was beginning his decline, except nobody, I mean nobody knew it.  He was at the height of his career the year he went to the Pro Bowl, several years ago.  Football players just losse that 1% edge and they are not as good. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i heard john clayton say that the only reason dallas would not trade barber is that they won't get good value for him given his performance in 2009. this might indicate an opportunity for a three-way trade. barber to ne. thomas to a team who can send an o-lineman to dallas.

Sections
Shortcuts