Adrian Peterson for MVP!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Adrian Peterson for MVP!

So Peterson missed the record by 9 yards, the dude carried this team into the playoffs and his final run today pushed them to victory.  Broncos made the playoffs last season, no way Manning gets MVP over Peterson who was 9 yards short from the record and carried his team to the playoffs after a 3-13 season last year and all of this coming off an torn ACL.  Unfreakingbelievable!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Adrian Peterson for MVP!

I agree with you TFB, Peterson should get the MVP. As you said he has singlehandely carried his team to the playoffs. But i have a Feeling Gomer will win it unfortunately.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

I agree that Peterson should win it.  I thought on his last run he was going to,score and break,the record.  Take him offmthismteam and where are they.  Plus most teams put eight in the box to stop him and he still got all those yards.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Agreed... if not Tom Brady.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

This was one of the most historic seasons for a player at any position I can remember. To come off that injury, surrounded by that underwhelming talent and 8 man boxes all season...wow.

Only one other player in any sport has transcended the game like that, and that was Verlander's 2011 season in MLB. I would put the McGwire/Sosa season up there also, or Bonds' 73 HR/200+ BB season if the drug issue didn't take that over. This was more impressive than Brady and/or Moss in 07, more impressive than Megatron's mega-season.

I wasn't alive, but Oscar Robertson averaging a triple-double for an entire season may also be on the list.

Truly a remarkable season. I thought Welker coming back in the same timeframe, from the same injury and hauling in 80+ balls was amazing...this blows that out of the water. It's not fair to future comeback players to have AP set the bar this high.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I agree but Manning will get it because his last name is Manning and his comeback was miraculous.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Peterson is a worthy candidate.  I'd rather they give a bunch of awards to Gomer though.  That way when he suffers the ultimate defeat the Peyton Pout will be bigger than ever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I agree completely TFB! Peterson is the sole reason why the Vikings are a playoff team. Manning has had a great season, but if he wins MVP, I will be vastly disappointed. Let's hope Manning's image doesn't affect the decision...which I fear it may.

Also, I want to see a non-QB win it for once.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Peterson is a worthy candidate.  I'd rather they give a bunch of awards to Gomer though.  That way when he suffers the ultimate defeat the Peyton Pout will be bigger than ever.

[/QUOTE]

That's a nice perspective too lol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This was one of the most historic seasons for a player at any position I can remember. To come off that injury, surrounded by that underwhelming talent and 8 man boxes all season...wow.

Only one other player in any sport has transcended the game like that, and that was Verlander's 2011 season in MLB. I would put the McGwire/Sosa season up there also, or Bonds' 73 HR/200+ BB season if the drug issue didn't take that over. This was more impressive than Brady and/or Moss in 07, more impressive than Megatron's mega-season.

I wasn't alive, but Oscar Robertson averaging a triple-double for an entire season may also be on the list.

Truly a remarkable season. I thought Welker coming back in the same timeframe, from the same injury and hauling in 80+ balls was amazing...this blows that out of the water. It's not fair to future comeback players to have AP set the bar this high.

[/QUOTE]

How about Pedro Martinez' season in 1999. When his ERA and opponent batting averages were Koufax like while playing in one of the most juiced up season's ever.He would have been MVP if some Minnesota writer had not left him of the ballet if I remember.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They're giving it to Peyton...sadly. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Manning will win MVP the media loves him.  How can Brady get it he only went 12-4 again.  Peterson deserves it cause 2k is hard to do.   Manning will sweep the MVP and comeback. They wouldn't dare do the sharing thing again

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I think the sportswriters, who sniff Peyton's jock at every opportunity, will vote him the MVP.  I'm not saying he isn't a very worthy candidate because he had a great year on a team that went .500 last year.  That said, AP ran his team into the playoffs - a team that DID NOT make it last year.  I won't have a huge problem when they name Peyton MVP because he's been in the top 2 or 3 for that award all year.  Unfortunately, AP will be victimized by the knights of the keyboards presumption that - given equal or near equal performance - a QB will win it more than a RB.  TB had a shot about 3-4 weeks ago, but no longer.  Of course, the SB MVP suits him much better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the sportswriters, who sniff Peyton's jock at every opportunity, will vote him the MVP.  I'm not saying he isn't a very worthy candidate because he had a great year on a team that went .500 last year.  That said, AP ran his team into the playoffs - a team that DID NOT make it last year.  I won't have a huge problem when they name Peyton MVP because he's been in the top 2 or 3 for that award all year.  Unfortunately, AP will be victimized by the knights of the keyboards presumption that - given equal or near equal performance - a QB will win it more than a RB.  TB had a shot about 3-4 weeks ago, but no longer.  Of course, the SB MVP suits him much better.

[/QUOTE]

I think this is what most people are thinking. AP deserves it, but Manning will win it because of his image and him being a QB.

I hope I'm wrong though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

At first I wasn't so sure about AP for MVP...and unfortunately I'm still not.  I say unfortunately because he ran for more yards than his QB passed for over the last few weeks in a passing league.  He deserves it...but the Manning ball-washers (ie, all media) doesn't take into account the definition of valuable when evaluating players for the MVP award.

That was unreal...he was a man possessed and I can't think that he's going to need ALL offseason to really heal up.  That last game was something else to watch...unreal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I totally agree Peterson should get it. Carrying a team from any position other than QB in the modern NFL is impressive.

After Peterson, I do not understand why Manning and Brady are even the top candidates. Rodgers has a better passer rating than either of them. He has a better TD to INT ratio than either of them: Rodgers 39 to 8, Brady 34 to 8 and Manning 37 to 11.

Ultimately who cares though. I honestly do not think Brady deserves, I would give back both of  Brady's NFL MVPs for a win in either of the Giants Super Bowls (I am guessing so would Brady).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How about Pedro Martinez' season in 1999. When his ERA and opponent batting averages were Koufax like while playing in one of the most juiced up season's ever.He would have been MVP if some Minnesota writer had not left him of the ballet if I remember.

[/QUOTE]

Blanked on that season, you are right. And it was not 1, but TWO writers, at least on from NY. Claimed "they don't vote for pitchers for MVP." What a load of c r a p. Writers should not be allowed to vote for ANYthing, and the fact that they decide who gets into the HOF is a disgrace.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

If Peterson doesn't win MVP then they might as well rename the award to MVQB.  The dude has simply put the team on his back and has taken an anemic offense and has made it into a force to be reckoned with.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Manning will already win comeback player of the year.  Peterson will win MVP.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So Peterson missed the record by 9 yards, the dude carried this team into the playoffs and his final run today pushed them to victory.  Broncos made the playoffs last season, no way Manning gets MVP over Peterson who was 9 yards short from the record and carried his team to the playoffs after a 3-13 season last year and all of this coming off an torn ACL.  Unfreakingbelievable!!

[/QUOTE]

Anyone but the Horseface is fine with me..but you and I both know that the media is going to give it to Gomer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Manning will already win comeback player of the year.  Peterson will win MVP.

[/QUOTE]

This is how it will go, imo.  Really, there's not another QB in the league more deserving than Manning given ALL of the circumstances, but like Manning, Peterson came back from a serious (albeit less so) injury, as well. 

And with marginal support from the passing game, he tore up the league and got his team to the playoffs. 

AP gets the award.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

BTW - the jealousy toward Manning on this board is unbelieveable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BTW - the jealousy toward Manning on this board is unbelieveable.

[/QUOTE]

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm sure people on a Colts forum would say the same thing about Brady if he were in Manning's position...

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts