Adrian Peterson for MVP!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Adrian Peterson for MVP!

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BTW - the jealousy toward Manning on this board is unbelieveable.

[/QUOTE]

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm sure people on a Colts forum would say the same thing about Brady if he were in Manning's position...

[/QUOTE]
    What position would that be?  I happen to know that manning colts fans think Brady is a fantastic QB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Manning will already win comeback player of the year.  Peterson will win MVP.

[/QUOTE]

This is how it will go, imo.  Really, there's not another QB in the league more deserving than Manning given ALL of the circumstances, but like Manning, Peterson came back from a serious (albeit less so) injury, as well. 

And with marginal support from the passing game, he tore up the league and got his team to the playoffs. 

AP gets the award.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not like there's a QB named Aaron Rodgers who has a higher rating, more TDs, fewer interceptions and did it all against better competition with no running game a poor defense and half his receivers out for significant time.

But yeah, the best QB is usually the one with the fourth best stats and the easiest schedule whas lost to every good team- that makes sense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Peterson doesn't win MVP then they might as well rename the award to MVQB.  The dude has simply put the team on his back and has taken an anemic offense and has made it into a force to be reckoned with.

[/QUOTE]

Yep. And it was without Percy Harvin even an option for Ponder most of the year, which meant teams stacked the box more later in the year. Wow.

He'll have a short career because of how he runs, but that was really an incredible year.

[/QUOTE]

Earl Campbell anyone?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

AP wins it with ease, and congrats to him on an unbelievable year!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No. you idiot! It's not jealousy. We like the whining, excuse making, choker, about as much as we like you!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

This was on PFT

"In the last 20 years the MVP has been awarded to a QB 16 times. Of those 16 winners, 14 won the award being the highest rated passer in the league starting all 16 games. Only Peyton and Favre, the media darlings have won the award WITHOUT being the highest rated passer. One of Favre's 3 MVPs was won that way, 3 of Peyton's 4 MVPs were won that way. Must be nice to win the MVP without being the statistically the best. Every other QB has to be the best statistically. Peyton can win with his story and media favoritism"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No. you idiot! It's not jealousy. We like the whining, excuse making, choker, about as much as we like you!

[/QUOTE]

Its more like our disdain for Horseface.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So Peterson missed the record by 9 yards, the dude carried this team into the playoffs and his final run today pushed them to victory.  Broncos made the playoffs last season, no way Manning gets MVP over Peterson who was 9 yards short from the record and carried his team to the playoffs after a 3-13 season last year and all of this coming off an torn ACL.  Unfreakingbelievable!!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I think that was the exclamation point. There are arguments, as there always are for guys like Brady, Manning, and Rogers. But to be frank, all three of them were QBing talented offenses on teams that were playoff teams last season. 

AP's run, a 26 yard dash, to get the Vikes in FG range and seal the game was just the punctuation on an epic season at RB.  To come up with 2 TDs and 200 yards of total offense on a playoff clinching game against a big time division rival and team many favorited for the Superbowl was just the definition of being 'the man.' 

It's time, sports writers. For the first time in a while, nut up and choose a player who isn't a Qb. No one in the NFL was more valuable to their team this season than Adrian Peterson. Recognize a guy who, barring injury, could end his career in the GOAT conversation at his postion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Manning will already win comeback player of the year.  Peterson will win MVP.

[/QUOTE]

This is how it will go, imo.  Really, there's not another QB in the league more deserving than Manning given ALL of the circumstances, but like Manning, Peterson came back from a serious (albeit less so) injury, as well. 

And with marginal support from the passing game, he tore up the league and got his team to the playoffs. 

AP gets the award.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not like there's a QB named Aaron Rodgers who has a higher rating, more TDs, fewer interceptions and did it all against better competition with no running game a poor defense and half his receivers out for significant time.

But yeah, the best QB is usually the one with the fourth best stats and the easiest schedule whas lost to every good team- that makes sense.

[/QUOTE]

Well, yes re the TD's and Int's.  We'll see about the rating after this game.  Manning's got a higher completion %, more yards, more yds/attempt, and he's doing it in a completely new environment with an entirely new team that had to adjust from a wildcat offense, and a different offensive system after coming off of 3-4 neck surgeries that kept him out a year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm sure people on a Colts forum would say the same thing about Brady if he were in Manning's position...

[/QUOTE]
    What position would that be?  I happen to know that manning colts fans think Brady is a fantastic QB.

[/QUOTE]

Oh please. They hate Brady and have called him a system QB for over 10 years. Fact is, Brady had it figured out before Gomer did. Gomer learned from Brady, not the other way around. 

[/QUOTE]

I was one of those, because he was a system QB when the pats were winning SB's and their defense was dominating.  He's in a different world now where he is the system offensively and defensively.  The pats are playing the old colts style of score first score often make the opponent play catch up and take advantage when that happens.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

Agree he is and he WILL win it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    That's exactly what you and most of the rest on this thread are doing, whining and making excuses.  Not surprised you don't see that, but as they say misery loves company. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So Peterson missed the record by 9 yards, the dude carried this team into the playoffs and his final run today pushed them to victory.  Broncos made the playoffs last season, no way Manning gets MVP over Peterson who was 9 yards short from the record and carried his team to the playoffs after a 3-13 season last year and all of this coming off an torn ACL.  Unfreakingbelievable!!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I think that was the exclamation point. There are arguments, as there always are for guys like Brady, Manning, and Rogers. But to be frank, all three of them were QBing talented offenses on teams that were playoff teams last season. 

AP's run, a 26 yard dash, to get the Vikes in FG range and seal the game was just the punctuation on an epic season at RB.  To come up with 2 TDs and 200 yards of total offense on a playoff clinching game against a big time division rival and team many favorited for the Superbowl was just the definition of being 'the man.' 

It's time, sports writers. For the first time in a while, nut up and choose a player who isn't a Qb. No one in the NFL was more valuable to their team this season than Adrian Peterson. Recognize a guy who, barring injury, could end his career in the GOAT conversation at his postion.

[/QUOTE]

+1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

This was on PFT

"In the last 20 years the MVP has been awarded to a QB 16 times. Of those 16 winners, 14 won the award being the highest rated passer in the league starting all 16 games. Only Peyton and Favre, the media darlings have won the award WITHOUT being the highest rated passer. One of Favre's 3 MVPs was won that way, 3 of Peyton's 4 MVPs were won that way. Must be nice to win the MVP without being the statistically the best. Every other QB has to be the best statistically. Peyton can win with his story and media favoritism"

[/QUOTE]

That's about it in a nutshell. The media loves their stories and personalities. It helps. 

I think Brady has just become a victim of his own consistency in excellence, winning so much year in and out. 

Rogers, well, the media doesn't like him ... he's kind of a dooj-bag so it's understandable.

Not enough, this season, to get over APs performance which was simply amazing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh please. They hate Brady and have called him a system QB for over 10 years. Fact is, Brady had it figured out before Gomer did. Gomer learned from Brady, not the other way around. 

[/QUOTE]

I was one of those, because he was a system QB when the pats were winning SB's and their defense was dominating.  He's in a different world now where he is the system offensively and defensively.  The pats are playing the old colts style of score first score often make the opponent play catch up and take advantage when that happens.

[/QUOTE]

Umm, Brady was a better game manager then than now.  The fact is, Manning was 4 years ahead of Brady, if not 5 total with way better personnel on offense and in a dome!  Stop.

Brady was never a "system QB", he just never played in a dome and didn't have the gaudy talent Gomer had.

Brady wasn't handing off to Marshall Faulk as a rookie, liverlips. Enough with your spinwork.

Gomer had a nice year this year, but the world does not revolve around him like you think it does.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of what you are saying.  Brady was a better game manager then.  That's not to say he couldn't be that good now.  The difference is that he can't play that kind of game anymore because he and Belichick can't rely on the defense enough to play game management football like they could before.  Previously, Tom was like Alex Smith.  Manning was always asked to be THE man, like Brady has for the past few years.  Brady's delivered amidst a poor defense and his team has succeeded which is why he's won the MVP like Manning. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Peterson deserves the MVP and comeback player of the year award...I seriously can't believe he had the year He did. Amazing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm, Brady was a better game manager then than now.  The fact is, Manning was 4 years ahead of Brady, if not 5 total with way better personnel on offense and in a dome!  Stop.

Brady was never a "system QB", he just never played in a dome and didn't have the gaudy talent Gomer had.

Brady wasn't handing off to Marshall Faulk as a rookie, liverlips. Enough with your spinwork.

Gomer had a nice year this year, but the world does not revolve around him like you think it does.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of what you are saying.  Brady was a better game manager then.

RESPONSE: Take your "game manager" BS, and stick it where the sun don't shine. Brady won 3 titles in his first four years as a starter. Meanwhile, Mr. Wonderful choked away big game, after big game...before the refs came to his assistance and pushed him over the top in the 2006 AFC title game. Then, he played a very medocre game in the SB, barely beating a weak Bears team...perhaps the weakest team to appear in a SB over the past 20 years.  

That's not to say he couldn't be that good now.  The difference is that he can't play that kind of game anymore because he and Belichick can't rely on the defense enough to play game management football like they could before.  Previously, Tom was like Alex Smith.

RESPONSE: LOL...Tom was like Alex Smith in his freshman year at Michigan. But go-ahead. Keep whining about how Peyton is the better player. I knew we'd hear from you about your hero, when the play-offs started. 

Manning was always asked to be THE man, like Brady has for the past few years.  Brady's delivered amidst a poor defense and his team has succeeded which is why he's won the MVP like Manning.

RESPONSE: Yeah...poor Peyton never was surrounded by any talent. LOL!!  

[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Unlike a lot of Patriots fans, I have no disdain for Peyton Manning. I have never been a fan who roots against the other team. I only root for my teams (I do always root for the NFC in the Super Bowl when Patriots are not there).

That said, I simply do not think that Manning or Brady deserve the MVP this year. Peterson is the obvious candidate, and I think, objectively, Rodgers has been the best QB in the NFL this year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

This was on PFT

[/QUOTE]

nice post shen

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unlike a lot of Patriots fans, I have no disdain for Peyton Manning. I have never been a fan who roots against the other team. I only root for my teams (I do always root for the NFC in the Super Bowl when Patriots are not there).

That said, I simply do not think that Manning or Brady deserve the MVP this year. Peterson is the obvious candidate, and I think, objectively, Rodgers has been the best QB in the NFL this year. 

[/QUOTE]

hey frnk,

peterson is he mvp and comeback playre of year.

rg3 is (or should be) rookie of year (wilson 2nd- rookie recorrd for tds), luck 3rd

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

No doubt about it!   Especially in a 'passing' league now!  Guy is incredible!  AP for MVP