ADRIAN PETERSON: ITS LIKE SLAVERY ALL OVER AGAIN... I AGREE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

ADRIAN PETERSON: ITS LIKE SLAVERY ALL OVER AGAIN... I AGREE!

leave it to mr. peterson to break it down for all the masses to easily grasp things from the players' perspective. he said the way owners are treating the players is like modern day slavery all over again. he said it twice just to make sure there was no doubt where he stood. 

now lets review the merits here. according to my "sources", back in the slavery days, the national slavery association was able to collectively bargain to get the plantation owners to partially open up their books and agree to share 57% % of all revenue (after basic expenses were subtracted) from their collective slave labor to be distributed among all the individual slaves including retired ones. before a stud slave at auction could be taken off the docks or turned over to a master, he was first paid a guaranteed advance and given various incentives or bonuses based on how much he lifted and performed for his master esp during the cotton picking season. even the worst slaves (the chad jacksons of the era if you will) were guaranteed to be in the top 10% of all earners at the time. if a slave got hurt, he could be put on injury reserve while being paid his pre-negotiated salary as he rehabbed himself back in his luxury slave quarters or with his master's appointed or union-agreed upon doctors, all happily paid by his master. if his master did not want him to bolt north or to another plantation, the owners would get together and agree to humiliate him by offering the average of the top 5 earning slaves at his position as a minimum guarantee for that year if the slave CHOSE to return! 

slaves were so popular and revered back in the south that many whites and citzens were envious of them for if they wanted to see them competitively working out in the fields, they had to endure the cold fact that these men were richer and more prosperous than 99 percent of them could ever hope and that their kids and great grand kids would be set for life because of all this labor. many owners in turn, just like hank steinbrenner from the yanks, felt jealousy towards their slaves being able to build their own independent estates and mini plantations of their own right next to theirs or in the same cities.  many owners and members of their management teams openly wanted nothing more in life than to be just like their slaves, who got to be protected by the constitution, politicians, judges and everyone else connected with the law and power in society from sea to shining sea!  

yes, AD really nailed it. if any slave came back from that era, they would be in shock at how horrible the conditions are for an AD. havent we gone forward they would ask? 200 years and no progress... they would immediately question why the north even bothered to invade the south. AD should keep speaking. he really understands how similar his situation is to actual slaves in america!

how can anyone reasonably expect these players to be able to feed their families on such slave wages? $5M a year just doesnt go as far as it used to. i mean with tsunamis, record unemployment, food shortages, high inflation, homelessness all around us, and health care perils all around us, OUR top priority should be freeing the petersons of the world!

on a related note, sarah palin and the republicans should continue comparing every miniscule disagreement with obama as exactly what hitler did, in fact its even worse.. any rational person who looks at nazi germany and what happened at places like auschwitz can easily see how similar obama's america is to that. on the same note, ditto to the democrats for their perfect use and timing of hyperbole in attacking the wisconsin governor and for what they did with bush over iraq. 

what ever happened to perspective and common sense? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: ADRIAN PETERSON: ITS LIKE SLAVERY ALL OVER AGAIN... I AGREE!

Wow I always liked and respected Adrian Peterson but after those comments I'm just disgusted with him! It's a slap in the face to the real slaves who worked for nothing and if they didn't or if they didn't work hard enough they got beaten and whipped. NEVER COMPARE YOURSELF TO A SLAVE EVER!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Union = Done

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Union isnt done because the owners want one as well for the players

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .   this is just a preposterous statement that should remind everybody --  most particularly the players themselves -- that without the NFL some of these guys would be lucky to be bagging groceries at the Piggly Wiggly. While understanding the value of hyperbole as a public relations tool, I don't think Mr. Peterson is doing himself or his "association" any favors with this kind of moronica.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: ADRIAN PETERSON: ITS LIKE SLAVERY ALL OVER AGAIN... I AGREE!:
    [QUOTE]Union isnt done because the owners want one as well for the players
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Jim Irsay does not want to have to pay Peyton Manning $40 million a year after a bidding war with Jerry Jones. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

DeMaurice Smith to his assistant:  "Get that MF Adrian Peterson on the phone, NOW!!!!!!"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wow I never knew slaves were paid in the top 1% of all earning classes in the states and own mansions that are large enough to house multiple families comfortable.

Yeah this is what happens when you stop thinking and let lawyers tell you what's going on

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

not being able to swear on this site is like making less than 12 million dollars a year. I repeat...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

What an insult and absolute disdain for those who faced the horrors of true slavery.How many NFL players were hunted down,chained,sold(in a way that granted their owners control of their entire life and death..not a trade to another club where they are handsomely rewarded for their work)and lived a life that awarded them nothing till their death but pain suffering,agony and anguish.When was the last time you saw an NFL player led onto the field in chains and killed for poor play or any sort of real or imagined insubordination.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

If that's Slavery sign me up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Blame the mis-speaking on the head injuries..deflect..dodge...do the matrix.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to ADRIAN PETERSON: ITS LIKE SLAVERY ALL OVER AGAIN... I AGREE!:
    [QUOTE]leave it to mr. peterson to break it down for all the masses to grasp from the players' perspective. he said the way owners are treating the players is like modern day slavery all over again. he said twice just to make sure there was no doubt where he stood.  now lets review the merits here. according to my "sources", back in the slavery days, the national slavery association was able to collectively bargain to get the plantation owners to partially open up their books and agree to share over 40% of all revenue (after basic expenses were subtracted) from their collective slave labor. before a stud slave at auction could be taken off the docks or turned over to a master, he was first paid a guaranteed advance and given various incentives or bonuses based on how much he lifted and performed for his master esp during the cotton picking season. if a slave got hurt, he could be put on injury reserve while being paid his pre-negotiated salary as he rehabbed himself back in his luxury slave quarters or  with his master's appointed or union-agreed upon docters, all happily paid by his master. if his master did not want him to bolt north or to another plantation, the owners would get together and agree on what the top 5 slaves at his position were earning then offer that as a minimum guarantee for that year if they slave chose to return!  slaves were so popular and revered back in the south that many whites and citzens were envious of them for if they wanted to see them working out in the fields, they had to endure the cold fact that these men were richer and more prosperous than 99 percent of them could ever hope and that their kids and great grand kids would be set for life because of all this labor. the owners in turn, just like hank steinbrenner from the yanks, felt the jealousy of their slaves being able to build their own independent estates and mini plantations of their own right next to theirs or in the same cities.   yes, AD really nailed it. if any slave came back from that era, they would be in shock at how horrible the conditions are for an AD. havent we gone forward they would ask? 200 years and no progress... they would immediately question why the north even bothered to invade the south. AD should keep speaking. he really understands how similar his situation is to actual slaves in america! on a related note, sarah palin and the republicans should continue comparing every miniscule disagreement with obama as exactly what hitler did, in fact its even worse.. any rational person who looks at nazi germany and what happened at places like auschwitz can easily see how similar obama's america is to that. on the same note, ditto to the democrats for their perfect use and timing of hyperbole in attacking the wisconsin governor and for what they did with bush over iraq. what ever happened to perspective and common sense? 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Usually your posts are complete cr&p, but this wasnt too bad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: ADRIAN PETERSON: ITS LIKE SLAVERY ALL OVER AGAIN... I AGREE!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to ADRIAN PETERSON: ITS LIKE SLAVERY ALL OVER AGAIN... I AGREE! : Usually your posts are complete cr&p, but this wasnt too bad.
    Posted by mikzor[/QUOTE]one man's cr&p is another's treasure. i guess when you do not agree, I am a moron when you do or may, its not too terrible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Well . . .   this is just a preposterous statement that should remind everybody --  most particularly the players themselves -- that without the NFL some of these guys would be lucky to be bagging groceries at the Piggly Wiggly. While understanding the value of hyperbole as a public relations tool, I don't think Mr. Peterson is doing himself or his "association" any favors with this kind of moronica.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Mike, at this point in your life, you should realize that no black public figure will ever be accused of hyperbole while making racial metaphors.

There just is no "over the top" there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

AD= All Dookey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]If that's Slavery sign me up.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

I would gladly quit my job for that type of "Slavery"!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Did I miss something about AD and his position in society?  I didn't know he was relegated to indentured servitude to the NFL with no recourse.  I feel so sorry for him, what being forced to earn millions in such conditions.  I am certain he much prefers the slavery days of the 1800's to the one he is enduring today as an NFL player.  Oh, but for the humanity!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to ADRIAN PETERSON: ITS LIKE SLAVERY ALL OVER AGAIN... I AGREE!:
    [QUOTE]leave it to mr. peterson to break it down for all the masses to easily grasp things from the players' perspective. he said the way owners are treating the players is like modern day slavery all over again. he said it twice just to make sure there was no doubt where he stood.  now lets review the merits here. according to my "sources", back in the slavery days, the national slavery association was able to collectively bargain to get the plantation owners to partially open up their books and agree to share over 40% of all revenue (after basic expenses were subtracted) from their collective slave labor to be distributed among all the individual slaves including retired ones. before a stud slave at auction could be taken off the docks or turned over to a master, he was first paid a guaranteed advance and given various incentives or bonuses based on how much he lifted and performed for his master esp during the cotton picking season. even the worst slaves (the chad jacksons of the era if you will) were guaranteed to be in the top 10% of all earners at the time. if a slave got hurt, he could be put on injury reserve while being paid his pre-negotiated salary as he rehabbed himself back in his luxury slave quarters or with his master's appointed or union-agreed upon doctors, all happily paid by his master. if his master did not want him to bolt north or to another plantation, the owners would get together and agree to humiliate him by offering the average of the top 5 earning slaves at his position as a minimum guarantee for that year if the slave CHOSE to return!  slaves were so popular and revered back in the south that many whites and citzens were envious of them for if they wanted to see them competitively working out in the fields, they had to endure the cold fact that these men were richer and more prosperous than 99 percent of them could ever hope and that their kids and great grand kids would be set for life because of all this labor. many owners in turn, just like hank steinbrenner from the yanks, felt jealousy towards their slaves being able to build their own independent estates and mini plantations of their own right next to theirs or in the same cities.  many owners and members of their management teams openly wanted nothing more in life than to be just like their slaves, who got to be protected by the constitution, politicians, judges and everyone else connected with the law and power in society from sea to shining sea!   yes, AD really nailed it. if any slave came back from that era, they would be in shock at how horrible the conditions are for an AD. havent we gone forward they would ask? 200 years and no progress... they would immediately question why the north even bothered to invade the south. AD should keep speaking. he really understands how similar his situation is to actual slaves in america! how can anyone reasonably expect these players to be able to feed their families on such slave wages? $5M a year just doesnt go as far as it used to. i mean with tsunamis, record unemployment, food shortages, high inflation, homelessness all around us, and health care perils all around us, OUR top priority should be freeing the petersons of the world! on a related note, sarah palin and the republicans should continue comparing every miniscule disagreement with obama as exactly what hitler did, in fact its even worse.. any rational person who looks at nazi germany and what happened at places like auschwitz can easily see how similar obama's america is to that. on the same note, ditto to the democrats for their perfect use and timing of hyperbole in attacking the wisconsin governor and for what they did with bush over iraq.  what ever happened to perspective and common sense? 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

thank you for making my day that 2nd to last paragraph was amazing!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ADRIAN PETERSON: ITS LIKE SLAVERY ALL OVER AGAIN... I AGREE! : one man's cr&p is another's treasure. i guess when you do not agree, I am a moron when you do or may, its not too terrible.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]Its a great post.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssmilloy36. Show ssmilloy36's posts

unions suck.
    slavery is when they had jobs and free shelter.  not so bad afterall

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]Wow I never knew slaves were paid in the top 1% of all earning classes in the states and own mansions that are large enough to house multiple families comfortable. Yeah this is what happens when you stop thinking and let lawyers tell you what's going on
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the minimum wage for a rookie is $320K a year.  Where do I sign up for that type of slavery?

D. Smith has convinced the players this really is another case of Norma Rea.  I think they really believe they are in an epic struggle of worker rights.  Too funny.  Another poster is right, a lot of these guys would be bagging groceries if it wasn't for the NFL.  Some of the players are as bright as anyone, but some are just walking dunce caps.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

[QUOTE]Did I miss something about AD and his position in society?  I didn't know he was relegated to indentured servitude to the NFL with no recourse.  I feel so sorry for him, what being forced to earn millions in such conditions.  I am certain he much prefers the slavery days of the 1800's to the one he is enduring today as an NFL player.  Oh, but for the humanity!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

indeed

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ADRIAN PETERSON: ITS LIKE SLAVERY ALL OVER AGAIN... I AGREE! : Yeah, the minimum wage for a rookie is $320K a year.  Where do I sign up for that type of slavery? D. Smith has convinced the players this really is another case of Norma Rea.  I think they really believe they are in an epic struggle of worker rights.  Too funny.  Another poster is right, a lot of these guys would be bagging groceries if it wasn't for the NFL.  Some of the players are as bright as anyone, but some are just walking dunce caps.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

What is minimum wage for a practice squad player?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

You want to talk about a SELLOUT!!! A.Peterson, you just sold out your entire race over some Money. What your ancestors had to go through, for you to enjoy the quality of life you now enjoy is unbelievable. You are now officialy a PUNK!!!