Adrian Wilson Is Ready

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Re: Adrian Wilson Is Ready

Hope the guy has at least two good years left!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

I am as excited for his play as I am for him to be a sounding board for the young players BB has in here.

We know McCourty is coachable, T. Wilson appears that way and then you throw in Ryan and Harmon foron the job training and it just seems like a slam dunk.

He sounds like he has something to prove and even though he's a couple years older than how it was when Rodney came in here, this guy is a beast too and his in the box skills are needed and will be welcomed.

BB will absolutely love using this guy. 

He's a big dude.  I'm excited to have some thump in the secondary.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

"I think now its different, because you know FORMATIONS, and you know TENDENCIES."

This is the most important thing to playing in the NFL, the brain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

For the life of me I can't see the down side to signing this guy.  Veteran leadership and savvy with a bit of a chip; sounds just about right to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm just glad they got someone back there big and that can hit. We've needed a intimidator for years...Chung was not that guy...at least this guy will be able to come into the box, take on a block and make a play. I watched Chung get bounced around like he was a pinball when he tried to do that...never mind that he couldn't cover. I envision Wilson starting out strong, but then slowing down when his old legs get heavy on him. At that point I would hope we get the bye and this guy will come into the playoffs ready to go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

He is far superior to Rodney athletically, barring injury he should be able to play a little longer than Harrison did.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

He is far superior to Rodney athletically, barring injury he should be able to play a little longer than Harrison did.

Yeah, and HotRod had that knee get massacred in cheap-shot town to further compromise his longevity.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Well, to be fair, I think it's at least even. The pink helmets here who claim since he's 33 or will be 34 which means this was not a good FA signing, will be mortified come the regular season.

They clealry never saw him in Arizona.

I will say Rodney was more of a FS with better range, but the instinct/IQ/experience factor is huge.  He will also make McCourty look even better.

It's why I feel the loss of Ray Lewis and Reed at once, down the middle, going to Mike Huff and Rolando McClain (LOL), will be a huge loss for Baltimore.

It's sort of looking at Tim Thomas's age and pretending it matters.  I go by my eyes.

Physically it's nowhere near even, Wilson was the 64th player overall in his draft class, he ran a 4.45 at the combine and had a 42" vertical leap.

Rodney was the 145th player taken, he ran a 4.8 at the combine, his whole game was cerebral and toughness.

They were both strong safeties, I don't see any free safety tendencies with either of them.  But if Wilson can avoid injury I think he could play longer than Rodney, not saying he was better, just that he was more physically gifted.  

Safety is played from the shoulders up anyhow, that's why its tough to judge Belichick selecting this Harmon kid where he did until we see him play, if the kid is in all the right places and learns to knock player's socks off, it won't matter where he was drafted.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

bottom line...we see Myers, Gonzalez, Gresham, Graham, Keller (twice), Miller, Daniels and Dickson/Pitta this year...can Wilson cover Tight Ends? We really dont know because last year he was taken off the field in passing downs.

Will be interesting to see his cover skills in camp. I would imnagine every time he is on the field the opposing QB will audible down to a passing play down the middle of the field until Pats prove they can stop it.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

bottom line...we see Myers, Gonzalez, Gresham, Graham, Keller (twice), Miller, Daniels and Dickson/Pitta this year...can Wilson cover Tight Ends? We really dont know because last year he was taken off the field in passing downs.

Will be interesting to see his cover skills in camp. I would imnagine every time he is on the field the opposing QB will audible down to a passing play down the middle of the field until Pats prove they can stop it.

I feel pretty confident that he will be an upgrade in coverage over Gregory. That being said we will have to see just how much he has left in the tank.

agreed...Gregory was disappointing imo too

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I haven't seen too many Arizona games, so I haven't seen Wilson play....but from everything  I've read about the guy, he seems like night & day over Gregory. Can't wait!!