Adrian Wilson Makes An Offer

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: Adrian Wilson Makes An Offer

Good article.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'll tell you what no one likes, Suggs' teeth, gums and neck skin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

I thought no one liked BB, the Pats and one wanted to come here or listen to BB? bawahaha

Come on Rusty, let go of that sack that you have you hands clinched on to so tight.  You have some serious man love for coach BB..   I have heard players say this many times in the past, but to be honest here it's getting less and less and fewer and fewer players are saying this.  It has become more about the money these days.  Less about the rings.  And maybe not winning one in a while has also changed some perspectives.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I thought no one liked BB, the Pats and one wanted to come here or listen to BB? bawahaha

Come on Rusty, let go of that sack that you have you hands clinched on to so tight.  You have some serious man love for coach BB..   I have heard players say this many times in the past, but to be honest here it's getting less and less and fewer and fewer players are saying this.  It has become more about the money these days.  Less about the rings.  And maybe not winning one in a while has also changed some perspectives.  

With all due respect, TFB, I don't think you're in any position to tell somebody they have man love for another male.  TFB and Wes ring a bell?  hehe

P.S. I'm going through withdrawals of your photoshops; put some more up, brother!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I think Wilson is not only going to be a great fit on the field for the Pats, but he seems like a great locker room guy/fan-favorite type of player.  I hope he excels here in NE.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Though Wilson did not see much time in nickel sets last year with Arizona, he believed it was not a decision made because of his abilities.

"I feel good. Last year, that was definitely a coaches' decision, I don't think that has anything to do with me losing a step," Wilson said. "Obviously everyone gets older...I take good care of my body. I definitely think that was a coaches' decision."

Eng, I hope this helps to settle you down. Atleast Adrian will be playing next year. Lets see what Ken is doing next year.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Though Wilson did not see much time in nickel sets last year with Arizona, he believed it was not a decision made because of his abilities.

"I feel good. Last year, that was definitely a coaches' decision, I don't think that has anything to do with me losing a step," Wilson said. "Obviously everyone gets older...I take good care of my body. I definitely think that was a coaches' decision."

Eng, I hope this helps to settle you down. Atleast Adrian will be playing next year. Lets see what Ken is doing next year.

Yes, because a player will obviously say that he wasn't played because he lost a step...

What's more interesting is when he said he was comfortable with how BB was going to use him and that he'd needed to compete for his job. To me that's more telling that BB has a plan how to use him, not just stick him out there as a starter and like every play not named TFB his position isn't gauranteed. I'm guessing the role is on running downs as a close to the line SS and in nickel 3S downs or dime downs as the in box coverage SS/LB hybrid. Which is what I've been saying all along he should be used. BTW I heard the same thing from Springs so you have to take it with a grain of salt but, I do believe Wilson will be effective in a limited role and give us that in the box defender we've been soarly missing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

I'll tell you what no one likes, Suggs' teeth, gums and neck skin.

That was my LOL moment for the afternoon; thanks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

lmao

Love it. 

< Back to front page Text size +    

Adrian Wilson: When Belichick calls, you answer Permalink|Comments (1) Posted by Shalise Manza Young, Globe Staff March 21, 2013 01:31 PM

By Shalise Manza Young, Globe Staff

Safety Adrian Wilson, who signed a free-agent contract with the Patriots last week, took part in a conference call on Thursday and discussed how he landed in New England.

"Whenever coach (Bill) Belichick calls, you answer. Obviously being able to compete every year, able to play not only for the playoffs, play for the division, but a chance to play in the Super Bowl" were appealing, the former Cardinal said.

"At the end of the day I want to come in and compete with everyone else, I have no trouble with that. Coach Belichick was very up front with me."

Wilson added that despite reports that he would want to remain in the western U.S., New England was his first choice. "It wasn't a hard sell, but at the same time, talking to coach Belichick and getting an understanding of what he wanted from me it was a good fit."

Wilson, who picked his alma mater, North Carolina St., among his Final Four teams, said he doesn't have a connection with any of the players on the Patriots, but has chatted with Devin McCourty and Kyle Arrington since being signed.

Arrington wears No. 24, the same number Wilson has worn throughout his career, and would like to retain it with the Patriots.

He hopes he's made Arrington, who became a father just six days ago, an offer he can't refuse.

"I offered him a year's supply of Pampers," Wilson said. "Hope he gets back to me."

On Twitter, Arrington said Wilson "may have to throw some formula in there too."

- See more at: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/#sthash.9zlgtPDn.dpuf

I think Pampers, forumla and a fully-funded date night at some future point for Arrington and his wife would seal the deal for sure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Yes, because a player will obviously say that he wasn't played because he lost a step...

What's more interesting is when he said he was comfortable with how BB was going to use him and that he'd needed to compete for his job. To me that's more telling that BB has a plan how to use him, not just stick him out there as a starter and like every play not named TFB his position isn't gauranteed. I'm guessing the role is on running downs as a close to the line SS and in nickel 3S downs or dime downs as the in box coverage SS/LB hybrid. Which is what I've been saying all along he should be used. BTW I heard the same thing from Springs so you have to take it with a grain of salt but, I do believe Wilson will be effective in a limited role and give us that in the box defender we've been soarly missing.

It will be interesting. They could do with him what they tried to do with Tank a couple years back and V.Green back in 02, but so far hasnt really worked well. Lets hope he fits in and provides some stability. The thing is McCourty looks to be a good FS, but gregory is the same size as him with a SS skillset, so you have a guy in Gregory who has CB size, SS INtentions and cant cover TE's or WRs. His only real effectiveness is playing over the top in cover 2 man and coming down to tacke RBs that weigh less than 210 lbs which excludes MOST RBs. So BB may keep Greoory on the field and play Wilson at the line and then have him replace Gregory in the back end in Nickel.

I hear what you are saying about Wilson endorsing himself, but he isnt getting paid and wants to win, so I think its genuine. He has no reason to lie because BB watches film and made his own asessment. If it were a more established coach and the players behind him were better , I would believe it. Like Rusty said tho' , Wisenhunt was a bum on his way out trying new things and J.Sanders is still SLOWER than Adrian even he has lost 2 steps and R.Johnson is the future. They just needed a reason to cut him and werent honest about it, IMO. You dont fall off that quick playing SS, from pro bowler to playing journeymen

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I was wondering If Adrian Wilson was gonna try and get his #24 from Arrington. Personally i dont think AW would look right with another number on his jersey after all those years of wearing 24.

I think you guys are all wrong about Wilson's playing time... I think he more than likely is the everydown safety next to McCourty and only comes off the field when he needs a breather. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Maybe no one else offered Wilson a contract?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I recall TE Pollard from the Colts saying the same thing. When BB calls, you come. He didnt make it thru camp if I recall

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I hear what you are saying about Wilson endorsing himself, but he isnt getting paid and wants to win, so I think its genuine. He has no reason to lie because BB watches film and made his own asessment. If it were a more established coach and the players behind him were better , I would believe it. Like Rusty said tho' , Wisenhunt was a bum on his way out trying new things and J.Sanders is still SLOWER than Adrian even he has lost 2 steps and R.Johnson is the future. They just needed a reason to cut him and werent honest about it, IMO. You dont fall off that quick playing SS, from pro bowler to playing journeymen

Reed just got $6mil, Quin got $5mil, comparitively that Wilson got dbl the vet min ($1.2mil) should tell you he's not being seen as a starter anymore which should also tell you he's lost a couple steps. Now thankfully he's a very smart and good in box defender and as such speed isn't the biggest factor for hi. If used properly wear shouldn't be an issue either. But again, as I've said all along he has to be used in the right situation to maximize his effect and also limit his reps so that he lasts long into the post season instead of burning out out before they even get to post season

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

You are easily one of the more annoying people I've ever encountered. LaLron Landry, everyone's favorite overrated SS, had interest from the Lions, Pats and Jets last year and he chose a laughingstock for money.

You're a walking, raging hypocrite.

Yet, Adrian Wilson had interest from more clubs than selfish Landry and somehow it's a handwringing "Oh no! This means, even though BB commands ultra respect from the ultra best players in this league, Wilson had no other offers!"

Why not go ask Cris Carter his opinion on the matter. You're just a joke, Mr. MBA.

I did ask CC. He said BB called Wilson and he came out and signed. Never fielded another call from another team, included the Cards. Guess we will never know. 

Trying to get a hold of Cimini and see what Landry interest was. 

I think the league spoke, and Landry is still an every down player, while Wilson is not.

I think it a riot players in demand having no interest in the Pats low ball offers you comprehend as BB's understanding of the market. Meanwhile, there are 6-10 players we find out the Pats contacted that said "no thanks". 

I will say it again and again, and I will say it every time you bring it up. BB is most likely the best coach in NFL history. He is a great GM, and his assembled team as well as ownership do a masterful job managing and understanding the cap. I have great difficulty finding positives in BB's free agent signings. I foresee the Pats having defensive inconsistencies again in 2013, same as the past few years, with a revolving door in the defensive backfield. I also can see BB coaching the team to 9-12 wins, and struggling in the playoffs, again, because the issues continue to be addressed with age and "value". 

I also have concern that the Pats will win 9 games, and the Phins might win 10 games this year. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

With all due respect, TFB, I don't think you're in any position to tell somebody they have man love for another male.  TFB and Wes ring a bell?  hehe

P.S. I'm going through withdrawals of your photoshops; put some more up, brother!

Well here he was the past few days giving me crap for sticking up for what I believed in, and Rusty gave me a bad time about it.  So it's payback.  It's time for him to stop slobbering all over BB's sack.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

You are easily one of the more annoying people I've ever encountered. LaLron Landry, everyone's favorite overrated SS, had interest from the Lions, Pats and Jets last year and he chose a laughingstock for money.

Yet, Adrian Wilson had interest from more clubs than selfish Landry and somehow it's a handwringing "Oh no! This means, even though BB commands ultra respect from the ultra best players in this league, Wilson had no other offers!"

Why not go ask Cris Carter his opinion on the matter. You're just a joke, Mr. MBA.

I did ask CC. He said BB called Wilson and he came out and signed. Never fielded another call from another team, included the Cards. Guess we will never know. 

I think the league spoke, and Landry is still an every down player, while Wilson is not.

I think it a riot players in demand having no interest in the Pats low ball offers you comprehend as BB's understanding of the market. Meanwhile, there are 6-10 players we find out the Pats contacted that said "no thanks". 

I will say it again and again, and I will say it every time you bring it up. BB is most likely the best coach in NFL history. He is a great GM, and his assembled team as well as ownership do a masterful job managing and understanding the cap. I have great difficulty finding positives in BB's free agent signings. I foresee the Pats having defensive inconsistencies again in 2013, same as the past few years, with a revolving door in the defensive backfield. I also can see BB coaching the team to 9-12 wins, and struggling in the playoffs, again, because the issues continue to be addressed with age and "value". 

I also have concern that the Pats will win 9 games, and the Phins might win 10 games this year. 

... yawn.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

that last sentence, just....no

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts