Adrian Wilson Unsure About Future

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Adrian Wilson Unsure About Future

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4758464/adrian-wilson-unsure-of-return-to-pats

The Patriots' initial plans for the 2013 season included a specific vision for what veteran safety Adrian Wilson would bring to the team.

Wilson

A bigger presence at the position at 6-foot-3 and 230 pounds, the hard-hitting Wilson made a positive early impression with teammates and earned the nickname "Incredible Hulk" because of his chiseled physique. But things ultimately didn't unfold as planned, with Wilson on the roster bubble by the end of the preseason before he landed on season-ending injured reserve.

On Friday, Wilson was a guest on Fox Sports 910 AM Phoenix, speaking on the "The Drive" with Jody, MJ & Bauer. His tone suggested that he doesn't expect to be back in New England in 2014 despite signing a three-year deal with the club last March.

"Being out for a whole year and sitting back and watching is way tougher than what I imagined," Wilson said on the program. "Now I'm really just focusing on myself, not so much the situation, just trying to get myself healthy and just ready to play, whether it's New England or whatever ... I really don't know what's going to happen. So I'm just trying to focus in on myself right now."

The former Arizona Cardinal said on the program that he would like to play in 2014 and beyond.

Wilson is scheduled to earn a $1.5 million base salary in 2014 and has a salary cap charge of $1.8 million. If he is released, the Patriots would pick up about $1.2 million in cap space.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Adrian Wilson Unsure About Future

Seems like he thinks he may be cut...

He wants to play it seems just doesn't know if itll be here

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

What future!!! With the Pats there is zero, zip, nothing. Who cares?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wonder if he'll find another team dumb enough to give him a contract? I doubt it.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder if he'll find another team dumb enough to give him a contract? I doubt it.

[/QUOTE]

obviously the signing of Wilson was bad but the contract wasnt too bad and easy to get out of at this point. cut him and its all good we pick up space if he's cut. on to the next vet signing

he wasnt a risk. only a reward was there but didnt happen, oh well it happens

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Unsure of joining NFLN or ESPN?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Whatever future lies ahead for Wilson, it doesn't involve playing football. Ditto Tavon Wilson as well. The signing of Adrian Wilson was a huge BB offseason mistake, that really hurt the team.

Want to know the real reason why the Pats lost to Denver in the AFC Title game? Compare and contrast the offseasons that these two teams had. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whatever future lies ahead for Wilson, it doesn't involve playing football. Ditto Tavon Wilson as well. The signing of Adrian Wilson was a huge BB offseason mistake, that really hurt the team.

Want to know the real reason why the Pats lost to Denver in the AFC Title game? Compare and contrast the offseasons that these two teams had. 

[/QUOTE]

Tavon Wilson will stick around i think. he's a good special teamer.
    also heard he's a great locker room guy.

think: slater

but agree the misses on Armstead & Wilson hurt but the injuries were the biggest factor. if we had mayo and gronk for the denver game i think its a different story

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he shoud have signed Ed Reed instead. lol

[/QUOTE]

Ed was less money and he actually played. So, yeah. But i hear thst BB "sniffed out Reed's ego" bwahahaha!

Snow day today, queenie?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ed was less money and he actually played. So, yeah. But i hear thst BB "sniffed out Reed's ego" bwahahaha!

Snow day today, queenie?

[/QUOTE]

Just Rusty being Rusty. Hey Mike...want to make a trade? We'll ship Rusty to your Mile High forum for any two annoying, ignorant, imbeciles that thrive and survive on the Denver forum. LOL!!! 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Snow day today, queenie?

[/QUOTE]

Ed Reed at 6 million was less money? LOL!

That makes no sense. Reed jumped at the highest bidder and was old, Bustchise.

At least Wilson torn an Achilles.   Reed just sucked and was done at 6 million.

[/QUOTE]

Not for the Jets he wasn't.  Bill blew it. That secondary that got torched by Tannehills career day, by Cleveland's third stringer and by Manning could have used a vet like him to so McCOurty from getting burned over and over, when he was not getting dragged by RBs past the first down markers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Snow day today, queenie?

[/QUOTE]

Just Rusty being Rusty. Hey Mike...want to make a trade? We'll ship Rusty to your Mile High forum for any two annoying, ignorant, imbeciles that thrive and survive on the Denver forum. LOL!!! 

[/QUOTE]

LOL @ Texas Troll not knowing who Bustchise is.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, OMG, LOL  But he does know the forum idiot that is Rusty McQueen.  The universally mocked moron.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

And I was thinking this thread would be a discussion about Adrian Wilson.  By this time I should know better.

A. Wilson, IMO, was only a bad signing if BB knew in advance that the guy would get hurt.  Anyone on here know in advance that Wilson would tear up an achilles? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And I was thinking this thread would be a discussion about Adrian Wilson.  By this time I should know better.

A. Wilson, IMO, was only a bad signing if BB knew in advance that the guy would get hurt.  Anyone on here know in advance that Wilson would tear up an achilles? 

[/QUOTE]

ATJ, of course I did not know. But the info regarding Wilson was that he did not tear his achilles. It was frayed to the point that it was effecting performance. Cause was wear and tear, and was possibly the reason Wilsons performance fell off so much in Arizona.

Was it possible this could have been detected in his physical?  

Personally, I did not see a lot of Wilson in his prime (he was playing in Stl and Arz and I was attending Pats games). But what if? Could the surgery have corrected the issue, and will Wilson be able to come back and be 90% of what he was? The conversation with Vince at 375 pounds, having the same surgery(maybe worse as Vince tore his) is to sign him for 3 years at $12M.

An arguement could be made that Wilson in his prime was just the player Vince was in his prime, albeit in different capacity. Taking a wait and see with Wilson at $1.2M seems prudent IMO

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Adrian Wilson is probably the smartest NFL player in the league.  He got 1.8mill for absolutely nothing!

I would put Rasi-dowling a close second.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

but agree the misses on Armstead & Wilson hurt but the injuries were the biggest factor. if we had mayo and gronk for the denver game i think its a different story

[/QUOTE]

Come July the clock will strike midnight for these 3.

Tavon Wilson

Jake Bequette

Nate Ebner

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

[QUOTE]

Come July the clock will strike midnight for these 3.

Tavon Wilson-base salary of $775k. dead money of $775. really gain no financial flexibility cutting him. very good special teams player. verstile as a dime option either at S or LB  

Jake Bequette-for sure the Pats will bring in competition. 3rd round draft choice unable to get on the field is inexcusable from this scout staff/coach staff 

Nate Ebner-base $570 k. similar skill set to Wilson, but not as good. I could see Ebner going before Wilson

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, terrible player and career. lmao

Stay in that bubble, Hurlie!  Tell us again how you scouted Rice back in '85 with his drop rate as a rookie just like you followed Wilson's career.

Tell us!

LOL!

Cannot be made up. The tool mocks HOF caliber people from behind a keyboard as a Home Ec teacher at a middle school.

Larry David can't write scripts like this.

[/QUOTE]

Adrian had a great career...no doubt he was the Rodney Harrison of his generation...wish we had him ten years ago. It amazes me that a guy who kows nothing about football (you) can run around here pretending that you are the only one who has ever heard of Adrian Wilson. LOL

Just last night you compared Jerry Rice to Aaron Dobson. LOL! That was a good one! Then you proceeded to tell us guys like Roger Craig and Dwight Clark were on par with the guys Brady is throwing to now...can't be made up. Remember that stuff? How you explained Montana never complained about his surrounding cast? Funny how pezz called you out on that and listed the 5 PRO BOWLERS Montana had to work with on offense BEFORE even considering Jerry Rice...why would Montana complain about that?

So to recap...Adrian Wilson was a great player, but so was Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas, Ronnie Lott, Waren Sapp, Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Charles Haley, Ray Lewis and many more...according to you it would be great...just great!! If we signed some of those guys right now (as long as it's BB that does it). Hell Bill could sign Derrick Thomas tomorrow and you'd mindlessly tell all of us how Bill was going to use his corpse in his "big nickel" alignment, how Derrick would bring more "flexibility" to our fronts. Dope. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yeah, terrible player and career. lmao

Stay in that bubble, Hurlie!  Tell us again how you scouted Rice back in '85 with his drop rate as a rookie just like you followed Wilson's career.

Tell us!

LOL!

Cannot be made up. The tool mocks HOF caliber people from behind a keyboard as a Home Ec teacher at a middle school.

Larry David can't write scripts like this.

[/QUOTE]

Adrian had a great career...no doubt he was the Rodney Harrison of his generation...wish we had him ten years ago. It amazes me that a guy who kows nothing about football (you) can run around here pretending that you are the only one who has ever heard of Adrian Wilson. LOL

Just last night you compared Jerry Rice to Aaron Dobson. LOL! That was a good one! Then you proceeded to tell us guys like Roger Craig and Dwight Clark were on par with the guys Brady is throwing to now...can't be made up. Remember that stuff? How you explained Montana never complained about his surrounding cast? Funny how pezz called you out on that and listed the 5 PRO BOWLERS Montana had to work with on offense BEFORE even considering Jerry Rice...why would Montana complain about that?

So to recap...Adrian Wilson was a great player, but so was Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas, Ronnie Lott, Waren Sapp, Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Charles Haley, Ray Lewis and many more...according to you it would be great...just great!! If we signed some of those guys right now (as long as it's BB that does it). Hell Bill could sign Derrick Thomas tomorrow and you'd mindlessly tell all of us how Bill was going to use his corpse in his "big nickel" alignment, how Derrick would bring more "flexibility" to our fronts. Dope. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Rusty loves to spend his life here, telling us how great, worthless players are (for the Pats) and how worthless the great ones are.

Rusty needs a new life.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Anyone who took an unbiased look at A. Wilson in his last half of season in Ari could see the wheels were starting to come off. Could it be that's when the injury started and it was a slow progression after that? It's a very good possibility and not out of the realm of possibility the Pats completely missed it like they did Fenana. Seriously someone needs to question the person doing the physicals down there. I said it after he was signed, he had a great career but judging from his last half of his season in Ari he was into his back 9 and skipping some holes. That some thought he was coming in as the next Rodney was laughable to me and got killed by some for it. This is a case I hate being right but it seems to have happened a lot this year with my predictions (A. Wilson won't give much if anything, Amendola would get hurt same with Vereen and Talib, Amendola's contract was going to hurt us in multiple ways to long term and too much guaranteed money for a player who might not be able to play in 3 years because of injures, you can't count on a guy like Armstead to come in and take over a starting role before we even see him play, We were thin at DT and it was going to hurt us)

Sections
Shortcuts