Adrian Wilson?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Adrian Wilson?

In response to dapats1281's comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Ditto. Have him in. Question is if looks better than Gregory, what do you do with Gregory? I don't want a second stringer making that much cash. 

I would cut Gregory.

Ideally, you would hope Tavon Wilson could improve enough to be a #2 safety.

agree on pt 1. ideally may be a wyas to reality. was a bad pick. if he surprises thouhg that will be nice. he looked poorly last year 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Would LOVE Wilson, perfect fit, mentor, leader, still durable and a hard hitter. Then maybe draft a SS like Rambo in rd 3, Wilson can backup DMC, Gregory can restructure or be cut

i floated rambo a few months ago, but with so few picks and safety not a huge difference maker as pass rusher, bug wideout and big cb. not to mention o line. and speedy cover backer.

i like to trade back a little with rd 1 pick use that and trade up form our low 2nd with a 2014 pick and in top half rd 2 get carradine (de) and hopkins (wr)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Just cut from the Cardinals. Aging star, decline in play last season, probably not going to get a huge deal...The perfect BB guy!

In all seriousness, I would highly consider him. He's a SS, was an all-pro in 2011 and could probably be had at a cheap price. I would prefer a veteran in the secondary to help out the young guys and he could be the guy.

PLEASE!  I wanted him 2 years ago and I agree he fell off a bit last year but believe me, he would still be the best safety here by a long shot. Dude has the ideal size and can run, hit and cover pretty well if he is healthy. Just has to fit our system but only other 2 guys with similar measurables that may be available are W.Moore and K.Phillips. Any other guy is a just a JAG and wont make a difference here(see gregory last offseason). We passed on Landyr last year, lets hope BB does the right thing after losing out on Goldson too last year. Have to get a difference maker back there. People were praising freeking B.Pollard after the Sb for his work and thats why I said the SS aint dead and you still NEED that intimidator back there

it helps. i was on moore, but get what you can.

still id llike a pass rusher and couple cbs (a #1 and #2) in fa

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Since he was cut, he can be signed by someone even over this w/e before free agency starts, like Dunta Robinson agreeing with K.C.

If the Pats pick him up, it will give time  and opportunity for Tavon Wilson to develop under his tutelage.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Ditto. Have him in. Question is if looks better than Gregory, what do you do with Gregory? I don't want a second stringer making that much cash. 

Gregory's 2013 cap hit is $2.1 mil, if they cut him his cap hit is $1.7 mil.  Still want to cut him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

BB a genius for positioning himself perfectly both in choices in FA and price.

LOL @ Mt Hurl and RKarp for downplaying/not understanding the Jets problems.

You see this is the part that your brain doesn't comprehend. Yes, the Pats are genius to have the space. But what's done with the space? Chung, Gregory, Wilson, Tank Johnson, Ihedigbo etc, etc. 

Pats need to stop with the 34 year old 1 year band aid like Wilson, and use the $$$ available to get a difference maker in the defensive back field. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Gregory's 2013 cap hit is $2.1 mil, if they cut him his cap hit is $1.7 mil.  Still want to cut him?

Not necessarily unless they can use that money to upgrade the position, and maybe draft another safety to learn behind. I would be fine with the pats cutting Gregory, using the 1.7m + what it would take to sign gholdson, and have mccourty and gholdson, plus Wilson and a rookie at safety. I don't think much of Gregory honestly. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Agreed on Gregory it is torture watching him chase recievers on pass plays. I actually think Tayvon Wilson with a year under his belt is going to make a big jump. I know I am in the minority on this kid but when you see the games in person you can see Wilson has the ability to play in this league.

Tavon Wilson was pretty effective covering TEs.  Big question is how he can do covering downfield (and staying home rather than biting on fakes).  I'd like to see him be a bit more aggressive tackling guys too, but I agree with you in general that he's got some skills and may turn out to be a good player down the road.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Almost our entire secondary needs rebuilding....can we get our heads around how significant of an issue that is? I'm very concerned.

That being said, what good fortune to have a year in which so much seconday talent is out there. Who's to say if any can be of help but at least the supply is there to look at.

I would rather go with veterans as I'm really not at all confident in the Patriots to draft well in this area. Sorry...but the evidence leads me to say it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Agreed on Gregory it is torture watching him chase recievers on pass plays. I actually think Tayvon Wilson with a year under his belt is going to make a big jump. I know I am in the minority on this kid but when you see the games in person you can see Wilson has the ability to play in this league.

Tavon Wilson was pretty effective covering TEs.  Big question is how he can do covering downfield (and staying home rather than biting on fakes).  I'd like to see him be a bit more aggressive tackling guys too, but I agree with you in general that he's got some skills and may turn out to be a good player down the road.  

I think with this kid the physical/athletic skill is there for him it comes down to his ability and willingness to understand the concepts on D and then execute them. The problem with Chung was that he did not buy into the system he felt they weren't using him incorrectly and obviously the Pat's disagreed.

Wilson seems like a Belichick kind of guy . . . in fact, I suspect BB drafted him in part because he thought he'd play smart and disciplined, unlike some of the recent guys we've had at that position.  I've always thought they'd use him more in a hybrid LB-Safety role than a pure middle of the field safety.  For that to work, though, I think he needs to be more aggressive tackling and mixing it up in close.  We'll see with time, though.  I think he's got an intriguing mix of skills--a little like a LB, a little like a safety, and maybe even a little like a corner.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Not necessarily unless they can use that money to upgrade the position, and maybe draft another safety to learn behind. I would be fine with the pats cutting Gregory, using the 1.7m + what it would take to sign gholdson, and have mccourty and gholdson, plus Wilson and a rookie at safety. I don't think much of Gregory honestly. 

I guess I wasn't clear. They wouldn't free up $1.7 mil if they cut Gregory, they'd only free up $400K if they cut him. He counts $1.7 mil against if they CUT him and $2.1 if they keep him, so they only free up the difference, which is basically minimum salary. Are you going to find a minimum salary player as good as Gregory? That's what you have to decide. $400K isn't going to help get a Goldson.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts