Adrian Wilson?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ceege. Show Ceege's posts

Adrian Wilson?

Is he still signed?  Will the pats keep him?

Browner and Revis on the corners, Dennard/Ryan in the slot, and Mccourty & Wilson at safety.   WOW

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Adrian Wilson?

a. wilson is DONE as a starter. if he makes the team,

and thats a huge IF... he will be part of sub packages as a hybrid LB/S on like 3rd and 20's

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to Ceege's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is he still signed?  Will the pats keep him?

Browner and Revis on the corners, Dennard/Ryan in the slot, and Mccourty & Wilson at safety.   WOW

[/QUOTE]

A don't forget the 5 mil man...Arrington.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ceege. Show Ceege's posts

Thank you wasn't sure what his deal was.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ceege. Show Ceege's posts

I am hoping they cut arrington and use the money for a pass rusher like allen or peppers.  I also want to see them resign eldeman and take a look at james jones.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric1. Show KyleCleric1's posts

They don't get money back for cutting Arrington. He should be on the team week 1.

One of the roles Browner could play is a modification of that LB/S role that they've been trying to fill with Wilson. I expect that Adrian Wilson will get cut or have his contract modified like Tommy Kelly's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ceege. Show Ceege's posts

I read that they save $1.2 M if he is cut.  Wait for the end of camp he may be worth keeping.  Cut Arrington and save $5M.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Either way... draft a young hard hitting SS and you got a hell of a backfield on D.....Bring back Chung and let him hit people on 1st and 2nd downs with others doing the coverage on 3rd down... all we need is an intimidator on the inside and we are platinum... we are already golden.

Now get some D lineman and O lineman and one more reliable Tall receiver and we got a legitamate shot at the dream team in Denver.... maybe even seattle.....

Boyce and Amendola in the slot and dobson/thomson on outside with one more tall receiver (not a rookie please) and we are good to go.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric1. Show KyleCleric1's posts

If he's designated a June 1st cut or cut after June 1st, he'd cost 2.625M this year and 3.250M next year against our cap. Then taking the Top 51 rule into consideration we're looking at no more than a 500k savings this year. So the question BB would need to ask is can he get a replacement for 1M or less that can play CB and special teams as well as Arrington can. I'd doubt it.

If they release Arrington prior to June 1st and don't designate him a June 1st cut, they'll cap space.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ceege. Show Ceege's posts

ok i see thanks for the explanation

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Arrington's contract is frustrating BUT with the current smart signings he may well be able to really stay in his natural position which might make this much better all around. 

Adrian Wilson I don't expect to be on the team next year but who knows - a reduced role might work.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Arrington's contract is frustrating BUT with the current smart signings he may well be able to really stay in his natural position which might make this much better all around. 

Adrian Wilson I don't expect to be on the team next year but who knows - a reduced role might work.

[/QUOTE]

He is a good bench warmer.

Lets face it if Browner is a CB Arrington is the 5th CB on the depth chart and if Browner converts to SS then Arrington is still only the 4th CB on the depth chart

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think Arrington was signed as much for his special teams play as for his defensive contributions.  He's depth in the backfield, but he's a darn good gunner too.  Not quite Slater's level, but probably number two after Slater. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

I hear Wilson was the best S avaialble in FA last year.  He has zero added wear and tear on his body afer taking last season off.  He must still be in the top 3.  Right Queenie?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Put a fork in him he's toast-cut him!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

BB won't make a move on Wilson until camp is underway.  This will give him the best idea of what his health is, as well as what the best options are at the position. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Either way... draft a young hard hitting SS and you got a hell of a backfield on D.....Bring back Chung and let him hit people on 1st and 2nd downs with others doing the coverage on 3rd down... all we need is an intimidator on the inside and we are platinum... we are already golden.

Now get some D lineman and O lineman and one more reliable Tall receiver and we got a legitamate shot at the dream team in Denver.... maybe even seattle.....

Boyce and Amendola in the slot and dobson/thomson on outside with one more tall receiver (not a rookie please) and we are good to go.....

[/QUOTE]

I expect Boyce would be better on the outside to use his speed and Thompkins working more the middle of the field?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Some people write players off right away... before they have a chance to earn or lose a spot. Sure if a guy is too much of a salary cap hit you either renogotiate or let him go. But barring that you see what he can do. He certainly could add some intensity if he is healthy even if he is not a "starter".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

I read that they save $1.2 M if he is cut.  Wait for the end of camp he may be worth keeping.  Cut Arrington and save $5M.  

[/QUOTE]

Actually his cap hit is next year. You really don't save anything cutting him now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is a good bench warmer.

Lets face it if Browner is a CB Arrington is the 5th CB on the depth chart and if Browner converts to SS then Arrington is still only the 4th CB on the depth chart

[/QUOTE]

Can Dennard or Harmon play the slot? Browner can't and Revis won't. The first 4 weeks Arrington is also the nickleback.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Cutting Arrington would COST them $4.875 million, not save them that amount. Unfortunately the only real cost cutting moves they have now are Vince, Gostkowsi, and Connolly. Vince would save $8 million and Gostkowsi or Connolly $3 million each. Culling Adrian Wilson would save $1.2 million.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

A. Wilson:  let's see what he's still got if anything.  If he still can contribute, great; if not, then there you have it.

Arrington:  As a slot corner, he's effective and occasionally quite good.  No point in cutting him if it accomplishes nothing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Adrian Wilson Twitter;   If you don't know me. Just know this about me. I love when people doubt me. It fuels me. 34 years old ,13 years,injured.... Watch me work 12:48pm - 5 Feb 14

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's where I've been leaning. I think he wants to get a look at him up against the competition before making a final decision not only out of respect for his career, but because he's dirt cheap.

[/QUOTE]

When has Belichick done anything out of respect for anyone?  He cut a guy for having diabetes (dia-beetus?) for Christ's sake.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

It's not respect. He is desperate at S. The Wilson savings isn't so much that they can't wait until camp and see what is what...they can take the savings down the road for in season moves, extensions, carry over etc. they don't have to move on him now if they don't want to...

more than I hear that the Pats want him or not, it seems Wislon does want to play this year, or try to play, but not here. I believe he is going to try and play elsewhere. 

Sections
Shortcuts