Adrian Wilson's signing #'s

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adrian Wilson's signing #'s

Chris Gasper             Chris Gasper @cgasper

Per a league source, Adrian Wilson signed a 3-year deal with the Patriots worth $5m. He got a $1m signing bonus. Has a $1m base in 13

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Adrian Wilson's signing #'s

What a freaking steal.  Welcome aboard, Adrian.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

if he starts, hes a steal yes.

also make room for more moves

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

Agreed.  But I also don't think his value is just his production/# of starts.  I think he brings an invaluable leadership/high IQ presence to the secondary.  I think he will help Tavon's growth and will mesh well with McCourty.  

Also, he brings the wood and an intimidation factor.  Something this secondary has been seriously lacking since Harrison's departure.  (This does not include Meriweather, who brought an intimidation factor against our defense by knocking out more of our players than players of the opponent)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko

@GregABedard these prices are right in the Patriots wheel house. I imagine they are going to load up on exp. vets in need of a langing spot

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

Agreed.  But I also don't think his value is just his production/# of starts.  I think he brings an invaluable leadership/high IQ presence to the secondary.  I think he will help Tavon's growth and will mesh well with McCourty.  

Also, he brings the wood and an intimidation factor.  Something this secondary has been seriously lacking since Harrison's departure.  (This does not include Meriweather, who brought an intimidation factor against our defense by knocking out more of our players than players of the opponent)

igree with all that. my point was IF HES ON THE TEAM THIS YEAR.... ie as opposed to a lynch type situation

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko

@GregABedard these prices are right in the Patriots wheel house. I imagine they are going to load up on exp. vets in need of a langing spot

hey jj,

bedard where the hell abraham sit. is now....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard

Wilson's only guarantee is his $1 mill signing bonus. Playing time incentives in year 2 and 3

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

BB is bad GM. He should have signed Mario Williams. Look what he's done for Buffalo. It was a no brainer.....It's just so obvious our team is talent deficient. DUH....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

BB is bad GM. He should have signed Mario Williams. Look what he's done for Buffalo. It was a no brainer.....It's just so obvious our team is talent deficient. DUH....

you`re not being ironic!!!!! LMAO

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

It is hard to know what might have happened. If Pats sign Mario Williams maybe they get to Flaco in the AFC championship game cause a few turnovers and win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I get you sarcasm, and was never an advocate for Mario. But what if the PAts did forget about all the fringe they did sign last year and made winning offers (which would have been well within their budget last year) for Red Bryant and Goldson...imo they still would had $5M carry over, signed all their rookies and been able to dabble in "value signings" like Fells. They could have passed on Gregory, Fanene and Gallery, and instead signed Goldson and Red...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

This contract should tell you that he's viewed as a piece not as a starter, which imo would be the best way to use him. Limited reps through the season as an in box defender so that he's fresh for the postseason where he can make the real impact

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Chris Gasper             Chris Gasper @cgasper

Per a league source, Adrian Wilson signed a 3-year deal with the Patriots worth $5m. He got a $1m signing bonus. Has a $1m base in 13

Thats pretty good for his services. I guess its offset the overpayment of Arrington..... I would thnk A.Wilson should be getting more as he is gonna be Arringtons best friend after he bails him out over and over...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If, if, if. - - - - if my grandmother had a different anatomy she'd be my grandfather.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

This contract should tell you that he's viewed as a piece not as a starter, which imo would be the best way to use him. Limited reps through the season as an in box defender so that he's fresh for the postseason where he can make the real impact

Why do you assume that? Because you already had a negative opinion of him. I was busting your balls last week but now im serious. Stop being a debby downer. I told everyone that SS was a need and BB agreed. Stop nitpicking. YOu want him to be a failure here?? Cuz you sure act like it. Its one thing to state your case and move on but you dont have to bash the move every chance you get. Last year it was Landry and you were made to look ignorant on that, dont make it 2. You said he would last 4 games. He went on to play a solid 16(something CHung couldnt do) and got himself paid to the tune of 4/26 million. There is a difference between losing starting time on a team thats going nowhere and wants to start playing younger guys and a guy just flat out losing time to a team thats going somewhere. Wilson has Value to us because we are contending. AZ is far away so they moved on to youth. Stop being your negative energy here about players just because you dont understand parts of the game. I only say this because last year you stated Landry was too "jacked" to play and he cared more about being a body builder. You were wrong. Im surprised you havent said Adrian is too big!  He is just what we need and I hope he starts every down and has a great impact, you should too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Cardinals demote Adrian Wilson, Ken Whisenhunt says it worked Posted by Michael David Smith on November 19, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT  AP

Cardinals safety Adrian Wilson has been demoted.

Wilson, who was chosen to the Pro Bowl at the end of five of the last six seasons, was not in the starting lineup on Sunday against the Falcons, and his playing time was cut sharply — he played only 41 of 73 defensive snaps this week, after playing every defensive snap in the Cardinals’ last game.

So what happened? Don’t ask Wilson.

That’s a head coach question,” Wilson said after the game.

So what does head coach Ken Whisenhunt say? According to Whisenhunt, demoting Wilson was a move designed to improve the defense, especially in pass coverage, and it was successful.

“Looks like it worked pretty well, didn’t it?” Whisenhunt said. “Like I said, it was consistent with our message to the team and I think our team rallied behind that. Our team played hard today.”

Whisenhunt said Wilson accepted the demotion as part of what’s best for the team, as the Cardinals are giving more playing time to younger safeties.

It’s never easy but Adrian is a real pro and he handled it well. But that’s where we are as a team. James [Sanders] and Rashad [Johnson] deserved a chance. We are trying to get better,” Whisenhunt said.

It says a lot about how far the 33-year-old Wilson has fallen that part of getting better is taking Wilson off the field.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Cardinals demote Adrian Wilson, Ken Whisenhunt says it worked Posted by Michael David Smith on November 19, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT  AP

Wilson, who was chosen to the Pro Bowl at the end of five of the last six seasons, was not in the starting lineup on Sunday against the Falcons, and his playing time was cut sharply — he played only 41 of 73 defensive snaps this week, after playing every defensive snap in the Cardinals’ last game.

So what does head coach Ken Whisenhunt say? According to Whisenhunt, demoting Wilson was a move designed to improve the defense, especially in pass coverage, and it was successful.

“Looks like it worked pretty well, didn’t it?” Whisenhunt said. “Like I said, it was consistent with our message to the team and I think our team rallied behind that. Our team played hard today.”

Whisenhunt said Wilson accepted the demotion as part of what’s best for the team, as the Cardinals are giving more playing time to younger safeties.

It’s never easy but Adrian is a real pro and he handled it well. But that’s where we are as a team. James [Sanders] and Rashad [Johnson] deserved a chance. We are trying to get better,” Whisenhunt said.

It says a lot about how far the 33-year-old Wilson has fallen that part of getting better is taking Wilson off the field.

Great! So James Sanders is better than Adrian Wilson now??  Ok. Lets just revisit this during the regular season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Great! So James Sanders is better than Adrian Wilson now??  Ok. Lets just revisit this during the regular season.

agreed. look I hope AWilson is a great player for the Pats. But he is 34 years old, and not a lot of 34 year olds play well in the NFL.

AZ had a good defense last year, and they had a good DCord in Horton. They thought they were a better team with Wilson on the field 40-50% of the time. Maybe thats what he is for the Pats. I simply dont see him as the guy that makes this defense that much better

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

agreed. look I hope AWilson is a great player for the Pats. But he is 34 years old, and not a lot of 34 year olds play well in the NFL.

AZ had a good defense last year, and they had a good DCord in Horton. They thought they were a better team with Wilson on the field 40-50% of the time. Maybe thats what he is for the Pats. I simply dont see him as the guy that makes this defense that much better

I don't think the argument is if we need a strong safety on this team...we do, no doubt about it. The argument is weather this guy can still play. The fact that his previous head coach comes out and said the defense played better when he was OFF the field really worries me.Now Belichick is a brilliant coach - no doubt he finds ways to implement this guy into the sheme and protect him and the defense from his limitations - but sooner or later that will break down. I hear this stuff every year...we only need so and so to play a few snaps...we can use him situationally...he will come off the field on passing downs...running downs. This is the NFL, it's a long season, guys go down with injury...other people are asked to play a whole lot more than it was anticipated...they get exposed on the field. The other thing too is that offensive coordinators aren't dumb - they see a old safety come out and play in the box...what do you think they are going to do? Unless it's 3rd and 1, they are probably going to go after Wilson.

In a perfect world this thing will work out just fine. In a even better perfect world Wilson would be 27.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

No, it means that James sanders was a better cover guy then a 6ft3 230 pound in the box safety....well at least in the eyes of a coach who was fired a few weeks later. Desperate times call for desperate measures and in the end I would say no Kenny, no it didn't work as you are currently in the unemployment line.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Well we disagree. I am not gonna act like Wilson is in his prime but he would def. be an upgrade when your safeties the last 2 years have been Chung, Gregory, McCourty, Ihedebo, Barret, Slater, S.Brown, N.Ebner, etc. I just named 8, count em' 8 safeties that have tried to play here within a 2 year timeframe! THIS TEAM NEEDS STABILITY! A veteran with durablity and exerience is EXACTLTY what we need as long as he can still run. He is slower than James Sanders now??  I dont know about that.

This woul be my main question to you though. Do you take everything Ken Wisenhunt sais at face value and do you consider him a great defensive coach??  How do we know Wilsons playing time wasnt cut due to some playing time incentives he had in his contract. Forgive me if I dont believe Sanders and Johnson are better players. Maybe more hungry to play and more disciplined but better players??? Not even close. So just because a team heading nowhere wants to start rebuilding early by letting their younger guys play more doesnt mean a guy is washed up. He said he can play 3 more years,. let HIM be the judge and lets not act like strange things dont happen with personell and coaching. If you werent a pats fan, you wouldnt understand half of what BB does so Im not gonna believe a guy is washed up cuz his former coach does. Isnt that what happened with Rodney when Marty said he was washed up?? Be careful what you believe, this is a business.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I get you sarcasm, and was never an advocate for Mario. But what if the PAts did forget about all the fringe they did sign last year and made winning offers (which would have been well within their budget last year) for Red Bryant and Goldson...imo they still would had $5M carry over, signed all their rookies and been able to dabble in "value signings" like Fells. They could have passed on Gregory, Fanene and Gallery, and instead signed Goldson and Red...

So your argument is not that BB should have brought in multiple players to find the best fit on team with already a great core, nor is your argument that he should have signed the big name high price tag guys like Mario Williams or Ladarius Webb? No, your argument is that BB should have signed the guys that ended up working out the best in that FA agent class? If only he could just do that every year. It could all be so simple then.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Well we disagree. I am not gonna act like Wilson is in his prime but he would def. be an upgrade when your safeties the last 2 years have been Chung, Gregory, McCourty, Ihedebo, Barret, Slater, S.Brown, N.Ebner, etc. I just named 8, count em' 8 safeties that have tried to play here within a 2 year timeframe! THIS TEAM NEEDS STABILITY! A veteran with durablity and exerience is EXACTLTY what we need as long as he can still run. He is slower than James Sanders now??  I dont know about that.

This woul be my main question to you though. Do you take everything Ken Wisenhunt sais at face value and do you consider him a great defensive coach??  How do we know Wilsons playing time wasnt cut due to some playing time incentives he had in his contract. Forgive me if I dont believe Sanders and Johnson are better players. Maybe more hungry to play and more disciplined but better players??? Not even close. So just because a team heading nowhere wants to start rebuilding early by letting their younger guys play more doesnt mean a guy is washed up. He said he can play 3 more years,. let HIM be the judge and lets not act like strange things dont happen with personell and coaching. If you werent a pats fan, you wouldnt understand half of what BB does so Im not gonna believe a guy is washed up cuz his former coach does. Isnt that what happened with Rodney when Marty said he was washed up?? Be careful what you believe, this is a business.

Exactly....

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts