AFC Championship... Ravens vs Patriots Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: AFC Championship... Ravens vs Patriots Game Thread

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

Brady blow it AGAIN

Sombody please, take out the trash. It's been stinking up this thread today.

Ya know what troll. I've gone WAY too easy on you. That ends today.

Except he is right. Brady STUNK. He had a lot of company, but Brady DID CHOKE.

Yup. Brady's washed up. Better go with Mallet next year.

Nope.  That's not my point.  He's one of the greatest ever.  But a performance like today by the defense is exactly the performance by which you can compare Brady to Manning.  Brady's been a frontrunner all his career.  Games where his d didn't hold up entirely exhibit wins few and far between.  Basing greatness on team wins and losses takes too much of the rest of the team's accomplishments out of the equation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Pats lost this game.  Ravens won nothing , they'll get blow away in the SB By 49ERS.

Sorry to disagree.. Ravens MADE all the plays they needed to make to win.  Pats came out flat in the second half, no life.  I do agree, 49ers, I can see them womping on the Ravens.

+1.

Anyway, while all the buzzards carve up the carcass, I'd like to thank the NE Pats for another great season. Ended short, for sure, but it was a heck of a ride.

Just the other team's day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Pats lost this game.  Ravens won nothing , they'll get blow away in the SB By 49ERS.

Sorry to disagree.. Ravens MADE all the plays they needed to make to win.  Pats came out flat in the second half, no life.  I do agree, 49ers, I can see them womping on the Ravens.

don't be sorry,  Ravens made the plays after the Pats missed their chances.  End of the half just 3 points ?  then they stop the Ravens on their 1st possesion and then there's the Welker drop.  It was downhill from there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

In response to CanadianPat's comment:

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Pats need to get Gronk in the playoffs or find a WR.  Welker and Hern just aren't any where near the talent level teams have in the playoffs.  

I agree ... and I'll say something that will be unpopular ... I would let Welker go to FA ...IF they use the $11mm/yr to get a deep threat receiver ... like a Vincent Jackson.  I have thought this all season ...

I agree with you...let Welker walk...spend the money elsewhere...love the guy, but so it goes...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Don't waste your breath. If people want to be stupid, let them. That's my new motto.

It's pathetic.  Brady hasn't had a great game, but he's been good enough if the rest of the team had been good enough.  They haven't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Brady blow it AGAIN

Pass was tipped, not like Gomer just throwing it to the other team.

bias.  Mannings was actually in the chest of the receiver who couldn't catch it. 

Nice effort though.  have a beer.

You mean like the ball right at Welker that he dropped?

Which one?

Good one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

Congrats Ravens. The future is still bright for this team. Can't say the same for this site.....

Helmet Out............

Peace be with you helmet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

That first down might have shut the door on the Pats....

U decide to show up on the Pats board now? GMAB

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Brady has played like crap for 4 seasons in a row when it's a 4th qtr elimination.  Face it.

Stop blaming the loss of Gronk because BB will tell u to join the Chiefs bandwagon; that's where the excuses are.

Look, Brady's getting old. If you're expecting he can carry a so-so team on his back these days, you're probably going to be disappointed.

no help !!! I've been saying it since last year

He is just not that good. No rings since 2004 even though he has been surrounded by a good offense most of those years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Well, this sucks.

Anyone have an explanation as to why Ridleys drop was a fumble when he was on his butt?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

It was a good year. Congrats to the Ravens. I think the tide really turned in Baltimore's favor when Talib went out. Everything else was just the icing on the cake.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Brady blow it AGAIN

Pass was tipped, not like Gomer just throwing it to the other team.

bias.  Mannings was actually in the chest of the receiver who couldn't catch it. 

Nice effort though.  have a beer.

You mean like the ball right at Welker that he dropped?

My god.  Find me QB who doesn't have his receivers drop the ball.  Manning threw one into his receivers chest only to have it end up in the end zone for another team. 

Their'll be no sympathy for you on that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

don't be sorry,  Ravens made the plays after the Pats missed their chances.  End of the half just 3 points ?  then they stop the Ravens on their 1st possesion and then there's the Welker drop.  It was downhill from there.

Also that hold penalty that would have been a first down was serious.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

Lots of misfortune today... Just a lot of unlucky bounces.

Good news is that Brady and Belichick should be back next year and better than ever. Improving defense... Just lock up Talib, Vollmer and Spikes, and add a SS, a DT, a interior OL, and a big deep threat at WR.

Agreed

If we can ge t and keep,everyone healthy we will be better next year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

talib a puss, welker a puss, gronk a puss.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

The Ravens were the better team, hats off to them. Brady played a poor game, the short dink and dunk offense wont win a superbowl, same thing happens in the playoffs every year, they get shut down. I'd like to see a more physical team next year, one that can run the ball down a teams throat and plays physical on defense. I've always been a huge Brady fan but it's time to find his replacement. He doesn't perform in the playoffs like he used to.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Pat's time has come and gone.  It's over folks. You cannot live off of your reputation forever.  Excuses are for losers.  Face reality. This is a team that is being humiliated on it's home field.  The Ravens are the better team. The tougher team.  Brady is not all that great. He has been surpassed by the younger quarterbacks in the league. Belichick has been surpassed by other coaches.  This is true.  They were thoroughly out-played and out- coached on their home field tonight.  This is not going to change in the near future.  The run is over.  Do not blame the injuries. That is lame. Face the reality of it . It was a great run , but it is over.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

In response to CanadianPat's comment:

Pats need to get Gronk in the playoffs or find a WR.  Welker and Hern just aren't any where near the talent level teams have in the playoffs.  

Need to spend the money on defense. They can not win like this. Belichik needs to finally build a competent defense. A defense that completely collapses with the loss of one player is not getting it done.

I agree ... and I'll say something that will be unpopular ... I would let Welker go to FA ...IF they use the $11mm/yr to get a deep threat receiver ... like a Vincent Jackson.  I have thought this all season ...

I'm afraid I have to agree. Love the guy but at the money he wants, no thanks if the last two playoff years are what he's going to give back for that money.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

wow 6x within Ravens 25 and 1 td ???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to EnochRoot's comment:

Well, this sucks.

Anyone have an explanation as to why Ridleys drop was a fumble when he was on his butt?

Goodell.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

No points in the second half for Pats with that INT...Yikes...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Nice effort Lloyd

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:

It was a good year. Congrats to the Ravens. I think the tide really turned in Baltimore's favor when Talib went out. Everything else was just the icing on the cake.

As I posted on another discussion.. from a defensive standpoint, when Talib went out, Chung too, the Pats had no one who could challenge Boldin for the ball.  He killed them with his ability to outmuscle the Dbacks for the ball.  Both those TD catches were over shorter DBs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It would be nice to have 2 real WR

Sections
Shortcuts