AFC Championship... Ravens vs Patriots Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SDBOLTZ. Show SDBOLTZ's posts

Re: AFC Championship... Ravens vs Patriots Game Thread

Lmfao! Nuff said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Biscuit17's comment:

I said it before and I'll say it again, Brady is a choke artist since he married Gretchen or whatever her name is, no I do not care to have even one tiny micro-chip of my brain assigned to Patriots' wives' names. Think about it, BG (Before Gretchen) Three Rings, since then FIVE CHOKES. Once he sits on the bench by himself with his head hung (which he started doing very early on tonight) he should be instantly benched, or at least soundly reprimanded: "Tom, get your hang-dog head up and go lead this team, don't sit here and sulk and continue to be a loser just cuz you had one bad set." That's why I didn't watch them much this year, I knew it would come to something like this, perhaps Tom was thinking of his next GQ photo shoot, or perhaps Gretchen woke him up at 3:00am to ask him why he didn't say anything about her new haircut, and then all hell broke loose with throwing objects and drama. Joe Flacco looked like the Tom of old, making pinpoint passes and going for the JUGULAR. And what's up with the long huiddles at the opening of the Fourth Quarter? HELLO!!! A little urgency, Tom! But we didn't see the urgency until the 2 minute warning, alas....

Said it before and again.....Isn't this your first post?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Spectator22's comment:

Brady's looking a lot like Dan Marino in his last couple of years with the Dolphins when they got blown out in the 1st round of the playoffs for a few years before he retired - yelling at the refs, yelling at his teammates, no mobility, slight loss of accuracy - that's NOT leadership - all that adds up to not scoring enough points to win the game - nothng more, nothing less.

And I'll say it again - Ridley was out of control and unable to defend himself at the end of a play  - that's why he got his bell rung and fumbled.  Hoping Shalise calls it like it is - waiting to see.

Did Brady get blown out in the first rd?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from buzzer68. Show buzzer68's posts

The NFL game has passed by Bill Belichick.  He has yesterday's defensive schemes for today's offenses.  No pass rush to speak of.  Cannot change on the fly or adjust.  The young coaches are taking over (Tomlin, Harbaugh, Harbaugh, McCarthy, Wisenhunt, Kubiak, etc.) and BB is behind the times.  Time to move on, build a new philosophy and a new team from the ground up for the modern era.  This is why Bill Parcells and Mike Ditka had to retire - the game passed them by and they knew it.  Bill Belichick, you should have some honor and do the right thing: retire.  The games get REAL tough at this time of the year and 20 points can get hard to come by - and his preparations don't appear to include anything less than 35 points provided by the offense.  Trench warfare (like tonight's game) are a way of life in January football and if your schemes don't plan for that, time for a new schemer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsinDC. Show PatsinDC's posts

Well, it's one game and anything can happen. The Patriots are, on the whole, a better team. Injuries were their undoing tonight. But don't fear Pats fans- we're still the best team in football and will be until Brady retires. We can't win 'em all, law of averages and all that...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JakeBud. Show JakeBud's posts

What happened to HoMan after the first Q? He was the key blocker on most of the good runs in the early going. Did he get hurt?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

For what it's worth....Chomsky has made it known he hates communism and the authoritarian totalitariananism that goes with it...he  has written about stalinist and maoist war crimes more than once...That is why he considers himself a passionate anarchist...It is about democracy from the  ground up....like the Occupy movment...not a movement dominated by male cult figures...

Not true.  he was a self admitted commie and supporter of the Soviet Union - hoping they would win the cold war.  When they lost, he changed his BS.

If you say so ghost...But it might be nice to let us see the direct documentation...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

For what it's worth....Chomsky has made it known he hates communism and the authoritarian totalitariananism that goes with it...he  has written about stalinist and maoist war crimes more than once...That is why he considers himself a passionate anarchist...It is about democracy from the  ground up....like the Occupy movment...not a movement dominated by male cult figures...

Not true.  he was a self admitted commie and supporter of the Soviet Union - hoping they would win the cold war.  When they lost, he changed his BS.

If you say so ghost...But it might be nice to let us see the direct documentation...

he also is a holocaust denier - so he has the anti-semite thing going for him as well.  Google around;  explore the room a little bit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Bunch of complete IDIOTS on this board but I'm not surprised. Yeah, trade Brady brilliant. Bill should retire...blah, blah, blah. Get rid of Welker. All idiots. We will come back with a vengence next year and better hope to hell that Welker is resigned. A lot of football comes down to luck in the end. Do I think the Pats would be beatable with Gronk and Edelman healthy? Absolutely, anything is possible but it would have been waaaaaaaaaaay more difficult. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

guys top arguing over this game. We had a great year just a disappointing ending. Goes to show you how spoiled we all are!

So I guess you call spoiled not winning a SB since 2004--9 years spoiled--OK? Brady an elite QB and BB the genius and 0 SB wins in 9 years--we are spoiled?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

guys top arguing over this game. We had a great year just a disappointing ending. Goes to show you how spoiled we all are!

So I guess you call spoiled not winning a SB since 2004--9 years spoiled--OK? Brady an elite QB and BB the genius and 0 SB wins in 9 years--we are spoiled?

u sure are u just don't see it

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from publikwerks. Show publikwerks's posts

I would like to see them pick up a  pass rush and secondaryin the offseason.  Because if "Gonk" can make it all season, this offense is fine if you ask me.

I think he should be called Gonk until he makes it into the post season uninjured

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglestalon. Show eaglestalon's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

The Pat's time has come and gone.  It's over folks. You cannot live off of your reputation forever.  Excuses are for losers.  Face reality. This is a team that is being humiliated on it's home field.  The Ravens are the better team. The tougher team.  Brady is not all that great. He has been surpassed by the younger quarterbacks in the league. Belichick has been surpassed by other coaches.  This is true.  They were thoroughly out-played and out- coached on their home field tonight.  This is not going to change in the near future.  The run is over.  Do not blame the injuries. That is lame. Face the reality of it . It was a great run , but it is over.

thats pretty much how i see it too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Biscuit17. Show Biscuit17's posts

Because I said it elsewhere! lol

In response to MoreRings' comment:

In response to Biscuit17's comment:

I said it before and I'll say it again, Brady is a choke artist since he married Gretchen or whatever her name is, no I do not care to have even one tiny micro-chip of my brain assigned to Patriots' wives' names. Think about it, BG (Before Gretchen) Three Rings, since then FIVE CHOKES. Once he sits on the bench by himself with his head hung (which he started doing very early on tonight) he should be instantly benched, or at least soundly reprimanded: "Tom, get your hang-dog head up and go lead this team, don't sit here and sulk and continue to be a loser just cuz you had one bad set." That's why I didn't watch them much this year, I knew it would come to something like this, perhaps Tom was thinking of his next GQ photo shoot, or perhaps Gretchen woke him up at 3:00am to ask him why he didn't say anything about her new haircut, and then all hell broke loose with throwing objects and drama. Joe Flacco looked like the Tom of old, making pinpoint passes and going for the JUGULAR. And what's up with the long huiddles at the opening of the Fourth Quarter? HELLO!!! A little urgency, Tom! But we didn't see the urgency until the 2 minute warning, alas....

Said it before and again.....Isn't this your first post?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepublic. Show joepublic's posts

I think the Pats need to get tougher and more physical.  In the SB against the Giants, and again yesterday, they were completely out hit.  They are a finesse and timing offense that does not click when they are hit.  I will also be flamed on this....but I think their linebackers are HORRENDOUS.  Spikes is ALWAYS a step behind, Mayo is completely overrated, and Hightower just has to learn.  Without a sustained pass rush, the corners have no chance.  I think there is a bit of retooling needed......a couple of big wideouts so they have an outside and deep threat, a tight end who isn't made of balsa wood, a linebacker who is fast sideline to sideline/up field, and a big physical corner or two.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jutman. Show Jutman's posts

we got out hit last nite! we are used to other teams calling us cheap shot artists. Payback was a biyatch for the pats last nite and the hit that caused the so-call fumble was the worst call/non- call on the planet. Call the NFL to complain. the way you beat a little player is with a big player, the way you beat a big player is with a tall player....we don't have any tall recievers!  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nesportsfan6013. Show nesportsfan6013's posts

The Pats didn't play very good right from the beginning. The Ravens came to win, and they did just that! The Pats had several opportunities to win and didn't deliver.  I will not be watching the SB for much other than the commercials. Yeah, I sound like a bitter fan, so be it. The better team won the AFC, it doesn't mean I want to watch them win the SB! I really don't care who wins it now. I'll get over it and so should everyone else.    

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jr1208. Show jr1208's posts

Most overrated coach and QB in the NFL today! Continue to prove they can't win unless they are cheating.... The window of opportunity has closed.  New breed of coaches, defenses, and QB's are not intimidated by the genius coach or red carpet QB anymore!  Mr. Kraft, thirteen years with one coach has been long enough and has been a great run...but its time to move on with a new staff and attitude before your team becomes the Jags or Browns. Your coach's arrogance is becoming old just like his game planning.  And your QB stopped being a good player when it became more important to market himself as a pretty boy on magazine covers.  You need more leaders, not quitters like yesterday when the going gets tough!  My opinion, Giesele told puppet hubby Tom she wasn't going to New Orleans for the Superbowl...instead she wanted to take the kids, her bikini, and photo opportunity to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl experience. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jeseryn. Show Jeseryn's posts

I LOVE Brady and our team so it's hard to criticize but the past 4 years we play like we're on fire in regular season then choke hard in playoffs. I can tell when Brady seems to give up because he sits on the sidelines with his head hung. This game they all were awful from offense to defense to coaching. I have no idea why. It looked like a completely different team from playoffs. I like the ravens but I've never considered them on the same level as the pats. They didn't play an AMAZING game last night either. Yet they rang our bells. So weird. I have no idea how to fix it. I think maybe Brady lost his mojo because as team leader he should have been crying and screaming like the whackadoodle Lewis. I would rather stink though until Brady retires then give him up. So ce la vi. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jo22. Show Jo22's posts

In response to PatsinDC's comment:

Well, it's one game and anything can happen. The Patriots are, on the whole, a better team. Injuries were their undoing tonight. But don't fear Pats fans- we're still the best team in football and will be until Brady retires. We can't win 'em all, law of averages and all that...

You are in denial. Seek help.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fraudlover. Show fraudlover's posts

In response to MoreRings's comment:

In response to Spectator22's comment:

Brady's looking a lot like Dan Marino in his last couple of years with the Dolphins when they got blown out in the 1st round of the playoffs for a few years before he retired - yelling at the refs, yelling at his teammates, no mobility, slight loss of accuracy - that's NOT leadership - all that adds up to not scoring enough points to win the game - nothng more, nothing less.

And I'll say it again - Ridley was out of control and unable to defend himself at the end of a play  - that's why he got his bell rung and fumbled.  Hoping Shalise calls it like it is - waiting to see.

Did Brady get blown out in the first rd?

DIDN'T HE HAVE A BYE IN THE 1ST ROUND ?