AFC Championship... Ravens vs Patriots Game Thread

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jutman. Show Jutman's posts

Re: AFC Championship... Ravens vs Patriots Game Thread

we got out hit last nite! we are used to other teams calling us cheap shot artists. Payback was a biyatch for the pats last nite and the hit that caused the so-call fumble was the worst call/non- call on the planet. Call the NFL to complain. the way you beat a little player is with a big player, the way you beat a big player is with a tall player....we don't have any tall recievers!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nesportsfan6013. Show nesportsfan6013's posts

The Pats didn't play very good right from the beginning. The Ravens came to win, and they did just that! The Pats had several opportunities to win and didn't deliver.  I will not be watching the SB for much other than the commercials. Yeah, I sound like a bitter fan, so be it. The better team won the AFC, it doesn't mean I want to watch them win the SB! I really don't care who wins it now. I'll get over it and so should everyone else.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jr1208. Show jr1208's posts

Most overrated coach and QB in the NFL today! Continue to prove they can't win unless they are cheating.... The window of opportunity has closed.  New breed of coaches, defenses, and QB's are not intimidated by the genius coach or red carpet QB anymore!  Mr. Kraft, thirteen years with one coach has been long enough and has been a great run...but its time to move on with a new staff and attitude before your team becomes the Jags or Browns. Your coach's arrogance is becoming old just like his game planning.  And your QB stopped being a good player when it became more important to market himself as a pretty boy on magazine covers.  You need more leaders, not quitters like yesterday when the going gets tough!  My opinion, Giesele told puppet hubby Tom she wasn't going to New Orleans for the Superbowl...instead she wanted to take the kids, her bikini, and photo opportunity to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl experience. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jeseryn. Show Jeseryn's posts

I LOVE Brady and our team so it's hard to criticize but the past 4 years we play like we're on fire in regular season then choke hard in playoffs. I can tell when Brady seems to give up because he sits on the sidelines with his head hung. This game they all were awful from offense to defense to coaching. I have no idea why. It looked like a completely different team from playoffs. I like the ravens but I've never considered them on the same level as the pats. They didn't play an AMAZING game last night either. Yet they rang our bells. So weird. I have no idea how to fix it. I think maybe Brady lost his mojo because as team leader he should have been crying and screaming like the whackadoodle Lewis. I would rather stink though until Brady retires then give him up. So ce la vi. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geo22. Show Geo22's posts

In response to PatsinDC's comment:

Well, it's one game and anything can happen. The Patriots are, on the whole, a better team. Injuries were their undoing tonight. But don't fear Pats fans- we're still the best team in football and will be until Brady retires. We can't win 'em all, law of averages and all that...

You are in denial. Seek help.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fraudlover. Show fraudlover's posts

In response to MoreRings's comment:

In response to Spectator22's comment:

Brady's looking a lot like Dan Marino in his last couple of years with the Dolphins when they got blown out in the 1st round of the playoffs for a few years before he retired - yelling at the refs, yelling at his teammates, no mobility, slight loss of accuracy - that's NOT leadership - all that adds up to not scoring enough points to win the game - nothng more, nothing less.

And I'll say it again - Ridley was out of control and unable to defend himself at the end of a play  - that's why he got his bell rung and fumbled.  Hoping Shalise calls it like it is - waiting to see.

Did Brady get blown out in the first rd?

DIDN'T HE HAVE A BYE IN THE 1ST ROUND ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve23. Show steve23's posts

I get that Ridley fumbled, but can anyone explain to me why no penalty was called for the head to head to contact?

Ridley was clearly knocked out from the head to head and the fumble ensued.  I think the NFL rules committee should address this issue.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bdarg. Show bdarg's posts

In response to buzzer68's comment:

The NFL game has passed by Bill Belichick.  He has yesterday's defensive schemes for today's offenses.  No pass rush to speak of.  Cannot change on the fly or adjust.  The young coaches are taking over (Tomlin, Harbaugh, Harbaugh, McCarthy, Wisenhunt, Kubiak, etc.) and BB is behind the times.  Time to move on, build a new philosophy and a new team from the ground up for the modern era.  This is why Bill Parcells and Mike Ditka had to retire - the game passed them by and they knew it.  Bill Belichick, you should have some honor and do the right thing: retire.  The games get REAL tough at this time of the year and 20 points can get hard to come by - and his preparations don't appear to include anything less than 35 points provided by the offense.  Trench warfare (like tonight's game) are a way of life in January football and if your schemes don't plan for that, time for a new schemer.

You are a complete idiot.  BB made it to the Super Bowl last year an dvisional final this year.  Where were Tomlin, McCarthy, Kubiak and Wisenhunt?  You cannot have everything in the salary cap error and BB is making the decisions he feels will win the most games.  What NFL team has had more success than the Partiots in the last 10 years?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFan79. Show PatsFan79's posts

The NFL game has passed by Bill Belichick.  He has yesterday's defensive schemes for today's offenses.  No pass rush to speak of.  Cannot change on the fly or adjust.  The young coaches are taking over (Tomlin, Harbaugh, Harbaugh, McCarthy, Wisenhunt, Kubiak, etc.) and BB is behind the times.  Time to move on, build a new philosophy and a new team from the ground up for the modern era.  This is why Bill Parcells and Mike Ditka had to retire - the game passed them by and they knew it.  Bill Belichick, you should have some honor and do the right thing: retire.  The games get REAL tough at this time of the year and 20 points can get hard to come by - and his preparations don't appear to include anything less than 35 points provided by the offense.  Trench warfare (like tonight's game) are a way of life in January football and if your schemes don't plan for that, time for a new schemer.

Let's see, Tomlin didn't make the playoffs after choking away games to Cleveland and Cincy, Wisenhunt lost his job, Kubiak and McCarthy got bounced in the divisional rounds and you think the game has passed BB?? Really? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to PatsFan79's comment:

Let's see, Tomlin didn't make the playoffs after choking away games to Cleveland and Cincy, Wisenhunt lost his job, Kubiak and McCarthy got bounced in the divisional rounds and you think the game has passed BB?? Really? 

Go figure, where is that guy from thinking that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bdarg. Show bdarg's posts

In response to mallowcup's comment:

So glad Patsies once again proved they can't win without cheating!!!  Classless organization from top down!!

Lol, hoe did they go 12-4, finish 2nd in the Divsions and make it to the AFC Championship?  Never go full 'tard dude.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFan79. Show PatsFan79's posts

The Ravens much like the Giants and the Jets in 2010 didn't do anything special; they just hit us and came with an attitude that said "We're going to rip your heads off and mail them to your spouses." We don't have that mindset or toughness anymore. We used to have it back when Rodney patrolled our secondary. We seem to have morphed into a finesse team that racks up big numbers during the regular season, then goes quietly into the night when we get pushed around.

We used to make fun of Peyton Manning and the Colts for being that type of team. Now who's laughing??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from smitty47. Show smitty47's posts

It's ONLY a game.   Our society can really be quite juvenile.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yank63. Show Yank63's posts

In response to PatsinDC's comment:

Well, it's one game and anything can happen. The Patriots are, on the whole, a better team. Injuries were their undoing tonight. But don't fear Pats fans- we're still the best team in football and will be until Brady retires. We can't win 'em all, law of averages and all that...

Best team in football?  what planet are you on!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

I am not a Pats fan at all but I cannot beleive things like Brady has lost it and Bellicheck should retire. Ya can't win every year. Pat's fans of the modern era in someways feel entitled.. Forget what it is like for most NFL fans to not win eveyr year.. The Pat's are fine and will be until Bellichekc and Brady go..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TranniesArePeopleToo. Show TranniesArePeopleToo's posts

My family and friends think I am a PATS fan, but really I have been secretly rooting for the 49ers and Kaep, as they are a much more interesting team to watch. 

So my season as a football fan is still alive. 

Happy MLK!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gadfly. Show gadfly's posts

Brady has clearly lost a step and is heavily overrated by sports fans and sports media.  yes his receivers dropped passes they should have caught but the reality is, they are so used to making the acrobatic catches they get confused over the ones right at them.  Brady typically throws low, throws high, and throws behind.  Receivers are already in a jumpo mode before the ball gets to them.  As for his ability to scramble, it is pathetic.  Brady had a first down available to him but he feared getting hit and threw a bad pass to cover his fears.  The slide and kick was bush league and the patriots players would have been up in arms if the teams and players were reversed.

it is time to start looking for a replacement for Brady as his time is quickly coming to an end.  His arrogance and holier than thou attitude is affecting his ability to close a game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TellMeTruth. Show TellMeTruth's posts

Ravens had a good strategy and they executed it. Brady is only at his best when his offensive line gives him time to throw - he has never learned how to handle the blitz. What came clear to me yesterday though was *why* he fears the blitz - it's all about his personal fear of getting hurt. I have to agree with Gadfly that Brady's slide and kick made him look like a sissy. He also had a possible first down and fell down like a Pee-Wee-leaguer instead. Sad.

Think what we saw was the Ravens getting into Brady's head with the blitz - his inability to then run out of the pocket and his fear of being hit did the rest. Sure, it hurt to lose Gronk and Aqib - no doubt - but you need a QB who can't be psyched like that. We've seen it before, rarely, and Brady is one great QB - but only when his offensive line is up to the job. Yesterday, they weren't and neither was he.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankfanhatesredsox. Show yankfanhatesredsox's posts

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to TellMeTruth's comment:

Ravens had a good strategy and they executed it. Brady is only at his best when his offensive line gives him time to throw - he has never learned how to handle the blitz. What came clear to me yesterday though was *why* he fears the blitz - it's all about his personal fear of getting hurt. I have to agree with Gadfly that Brady's slide and kick made him look like a sissy. he also had a possible first down and fell down like a Pee-Wee-leaguer instead. Sad.

Think what we saw was the Ravens getting into Brady's head with the blitz - his inability to then run out of the pocket and his fear of being hit did the rest. Sure, it hurt to lose Gronk and Aqib - no doubt - but you need a QB who can't be psyched like that. We've seen it before, rarely, and Brady is one great QB - but only when his offensive line is up to the job. Yesterday, they weren't and neither was he.

Check your facts.. Brady has one of the BEST PRs when blitzed than any other QB in the NFL.  A common misconception among fans like you.  Besides, the TEAM lost and Brady, really, can only do what his team mates can execute with him.  Like seeing his defense give up three consecutive TDs to the Ravens in the second half.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yank63. Show Yank63's posts

Have a great off season Pats!!

As I read the posts this morning,  I realize some people need to get a life pronto!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepublic. Show joepublic's posts

In response to jr1208's comment:

Most overrated coach and QB in the NFL today! Continue to prove they can't win unless they are cheating.... The window of opportunity has closed.  New breed of coaches, defenses, and QB's are not intimidated by the genius coach or red carpet QB anymore!  Mr. Kraft, thirteen years with one coach has been long enough and has been a great run...but its time to move on with a new staff and attitude before your team becomes the Jags or Browns. Your coach's arrogance is becoming old just like his game planning.  And your QB stopped being a good player when it became more important to market himself as a pretty boy on magazine covers.  You need more leaders, not quitters like yesterday when the going gets tough!  My opinion, Giesele told puppet hubby Tom she wasn't going to New Orleans for the Superbowl...instead she wanted to take the kids, her bikini, and photo opportunity to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl experience. 

Actually slick, you can spout off all you want....but factually you simply don't have a case.  First off....who in the league has had more success over the last 12 years or so?  Not a single team.  The Pats were a bad half of football away from ANOTHER Super Bowl appearance, Brady continues to set records, highest scoring offense in the league, Belichick is STILL the best coach in the lague, and you are still not that bright.  Arrogance aside.....where's your beef?  Do you forget that when  you get to the playoffs you are playing the best of the best.....that the other teams are talented too? 

By the way..a couple of things.....did you realize the Baltimore Defense that shut down the Pats in the second half has a Defensive Coordinator that was yet ANOTHER Bill Belichick trained coach?  Belichick is still da man.  Secondly.....don't go schedulinga seat at the hall of fame induction for Joe Flacco just yet.  Brady has been one of the best three QB's in the league consistently every years since he has been a starter.  Flacco....not so much.  In the end, I think he will end up as a servicable top 15 QB.  Not too impressed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepublic. Show joepublic's posts

In response to jr1208's comment:

Overrated?  Name me one coach in the league who has had a better track record?  Overrated?

Sections
Shortcuts