AFC Championship... Ravens vs Patriots Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFan79. Show PatsFan79's posts

Re: AFC Championship... Ravens vs Patriots Game Thread

In response to buzzer68's comment:

The NFL game has passed by Bill Belichick.  He has yesterday's defensive schemes for today's offenses.  No pass rush to speak of.  Cannot change on the fly or adjust.  The young coaches are taking over (Tomlin, Harbaugh, Harbaugh, McCarthy, Wisenhunt, Kubiak, etc.) and BB is behind the times.  Time to move on, build a new philosophy and a new team from the ground up for the modern era.  This is why Bill Parcells and Mike Ditka had to retire - the game passed them by and they knew it.  Bill Belichick, you should have some honor and do the right thing: retire.  The games get REAL tough at this time of the year and 20 points can get hard to come by - and his preparations don't appear to include anything less than 35 points provided by the offense.  Trench warfare (like tonight's game) are a way of life in January football and if your schemes don't plan for that, time for a new schemer.

Let's see, Tomlin didn't make the playoffs after choking away games to Cleveland and Cincy, Wisenhunt lost his job, Kubiak and McCarthy got bounced in the divisional rounds and you think the game has passed BB?? Really? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to PatsFan79's comment:

The NFL game has passed by Bill Belichick.  He has yesterday's defensive schemes for today's offenses.  No pass rush to speak of.  Cannot change on the fly or adjust.  The young coaches are taking over (Tomlin, Harbaugh, Harbaugh, McCarthy, Wisenhunt, Kubiak, etc.) and BB is behind the times.  Time to move on, build a new philosophy and a new team from the ground up for the modern era.  This is why Bill Parcells and Mike Ditka had to retire - the game passed them by and they knew it.  Bill Belichick, you should have some honor and do the right thing: retire.  The games get REAL tough at this time of the year and 20 points can get hard to come by - and his preparations don't appear to include anything less than 35 points provided by the offense.  Trench warfare (like tonight's game) are a way of life in January football and if your schemes don't plan for that, time for a new schemer.

Let's see, Tomlin didn't make the playoffs after choking away games to Cleveland and Cincy, Wisenhunt lost his job, Kubiak and McCarthy got bounced in the divisional rounds and you think the game has passed BB?? Really? 

Go figure, where is that guy from thinking that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bdarg. Show bdarg's posts

In response to mallowcup's comment:

So glad Patsies once again proved they can't win without cheating!!!  Classless organization from top down!!

Lol, hoe did they go 12-4, finish 2nd in the Divsions and make it to the AFC Championship?  Never go full 'tard dude.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFan79. Show PatsFan79's posts

The Ravens much like the Giants and the Jets in 2010 didn't do anything special; they just hit us and came with an attitude that said "We're going to rip your heads off and mail them to your spouses." We don't have that mindset or toughness anymore. We used to have it back when Rodney patrolled our secondary. We seem to have morphed into a finesse team that racks up big numbers during the regular season, then goes quietly into the night when we get pushed around.

We used to make fun of Peyton Manning and the Colts for being that type of team. Now who's laughing??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from smitty47. Show smitty47's posts

It's ONLY a game.   Our society can really be quite juvenile.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yank63. Show Yank63's posts

In response to PatsinDC's comment:

Well, it's one game and anything can happen. The Patriots are, on the whole, a better team. Injuries were their undoing tonight. But don't fear Pats fans- we're still the best team in football and will be until Brady retires. We can't win 'em all, law of averages and all that...

Best team in football?  what planet are you on!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

I am not a Pats fan at all but I cannot beleive things like Brady has lost it and Bellicheck should retire. Ya can't win every year. Pat's fans of the modern era in someways feel entitled.. Forget what it is like for most NFL fans to not win eveyr year.. The Pat's are fine and will be until Bellichekc and Brady go..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TranniesArePeopleToo. Show TranniesArePeopleToo's posts

My family and friends think I am a PATS fan, but really I have been secretly rooting for the 49ers and Kaep, as they are a much more interesting team to watch. 

So my season as a football fan is still alive. 

Happy MLK!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gadfly. Show gadfly's posts

Brady has clearly lost a step and is heavily overrated by sports fans and sports media.  yes his receivers dropped passes they should have caught but the reality is, they are so used to making the acrobatic catches they get confused over the ones right at them.  Brady typically throws low, throws high, and throws behind.  Receivers are already in a jumpo mode before the ball gets to them.  As for his ability to scramble, it is pathetic.  Brady had a first down available to him but he feared getting hit and threw a bad pass to cover his fears.  The slide and kick was bush league and the patriots players would have been up in arms if the teams and players were reversed.

it is time to start looking for a replacement for Brady as his time is quickly coming to an end.  His arrogance and holier than thou attitude is affecting his ability to close a game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TellMeTruth. Show TellMeTruth's posts

Ravens had a good strategy and they executed it. Brady is only at his best when his offensive line gives him time to throw - he has never learned how to handle the blitz. What came clear to me yesterday though was *why* he fears the blitz - it's all about his personal fear of getting hurt. I have to agree with Gadfly that Brady's slide and kick made him look like a sissy. He also had a possible first down and fell down like a Pee-Wee-leaguer instead. Sad.

Think what we saw was the Ravens getting into Brady's head with the blitz - his inability to then run out of the pocket and his fear of being hit did the rest. Sure, it hurt to lose Gronk and Aqib - no doubt - but you need a QB who can't be psyched like that. We've seen it before, rarely, and Brady is one great QB - but only when his offensive line is up to the job. Yesterday, they weren't and neither was he.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankfanhatesredsox. Show yankfanhatesredsox's posts

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to TellMeTruth's comment:

Ravens had a good strategy and they executed it. Brady is only at his best when his offensive line gives him time to throw - he has never learned how to handle the blitz. What came clear to me yesterday though was *why* he fears the blitz - it's all about his personal fear of getting hurt. I have to agree with Gadfly that Brady's slide and kick made him look like a sissy. he also had a possible first down and fell down like a Pee-Wee-leaguer instead. Sad.

Think what we saw was the Ravens getting into Brady's head with the blitz - his inability to then run out of the pocket and his fear of being hit did the rest. Sure, it hurt to lose Gronk and Aqib - no doubt - but you need a QB who can't be psyched like that. We've seen it before, rarely, and Brady is one great QB - but only when his offensive line is up to the job. Yesterday, they weren't and neither was he.

Check your facts.. Brady has one of the BEST PRs when blitzed than any other QB in the NFL.  A common misconception among fans like you.  Besides, the TEAM lost and Brady, really, can only do what his team mates can execute with him.  Like seeing his defense give up three consecutive TDs to the Ravens in the second half.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yank63. Show Yank63's posts

Have a great off season Pats!!

As I read the posts this morning,  I realize some people need to get a life pronto!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepublic. Show joepublic's posts

In response to jr1208's comment:

Most overrated coach and QB in the NFL today! Continue to prove they can't win unless they are cheating.... The window of opportunity has closed.  New breed of coaches, defenses, and QB's are not intimidated by the genius coach or red carpet QB anymore!  Mr. Kraft, thirteen years with one coach has been long enough and has been a great run...but its time to move on with a new staff and attitude before your team becomes the Jags or Browns. Your coach's arrogance is becoming old just like his game planning.  And your QB stopped being a good player when it became more important to market himself as a pretty boy on magazine covers.  You need more leaders, not quitters like yesterday when the going gets tough!  My opinion, Giesele told puppet hubby Tom she wasn't going to New Orleans for the Superbowl...instead she wanted to take the kids, her bikini, and photo opportunity to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl experience. 

Actually slick, you can spout off all you want....but factually you simply don't have a case.  First off....who in the league has had more success over the last 12 years or so?  Not a single team.  The Pats were a bad half of football away from ANOTHER Super Bowl appearance, Brady continues to set records, highest scoring offense in the league, Belichick is STILL the best coach in the lague, and you are still not that bright.  Arrogance aside.....where's your beef?  Do you forget that when  you get to the playoffs you are playing the best of the best.....that the other teams are talented too? 

By the way..a couple of things.....did you realize the Baltimore Defense that shut down the Pats in the second half has a Defensive Coordinator that was yet ANOTHER Bill Belichick trained coach?  Belichick is still da man.  Secondly.....don't go schedulinga seat at the hall of fame induction for Joe Flacco just yet.  Brady has been one of the best three QB's in the league consistently every years since he has been a starter.  Flacco....not so much.  In the end, I think he will end up as a servicable top 15 QB.  Not too impressed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepublic. Show joepublic's posts

In response to jr1208's comment:

Most overrated coach and QB in the NFL today! Continue to prove they can't win unless they are cheating.... The window of opportunity has closed.  New breed of coaches, defenses, and QB's are not intimidated by the genius coach or red carpet QB anymore!  Mr. Kraft, thirteen years with one coach has been long enough and has been a great run...but its time to move on with a new staff and attitude before your team becomes the Jags or Browns. Your coach's arrogance is becoming old just like his game planning.  And your QB stopped being a good player when it became more important to market himself as a pretty boy on magazine covers.  You need more leaders, not quitters like yesterday when the going gets tough!  My opinion, Giesele told puppet hubby Tom she wasn't going to New Orleans for the Superbowl...instead she wanted to take the kids, her bikini, and photo opportunity to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl experience. 

Overrated?  Name me one coach in the league who has had a better track record?  Overrated?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trainer. Show trainer's posts

Tough loss.  Gronk would have made a difference.  Talib was making a difference.  Injuries are part of the game and you have to over come them.  Moving forward.  I would keep Talib.  I love Welker; but, he is a slot receiver and you have to put a realistic dollar value on that.  I don't think he deserves wide receiver money.  I would rather they spent money on a big, fast physical wide receiver.  And, honestly, how many more years can Wes play the way he plays.  You just can't give him a big contract.  It is not practical.  Brady has to be a better leader.  He has to spend more time here during the off-season then the west coast.  He has to inspire his team-mates not scream at them.  I loved it last year, when Bill O'Brien yelled at Brady for being a jerk.  We need more of that.  Checks and balances.  Brady is not perfect and he needs to be challenged once in a while.  The team is in great shape.  They need a good draft and a little luck, like everyone else.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TellMeTruth. Show TellMeTruth's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

You watched the same game I did yesterday, or maybe you didn't see it. I should have clarified though so I apologize for that: there's a blitz effort and a successful blitz. Lots of teams blitz to no effect. Whenever Brady is sacked multiple times he sucks - go back and look. And as to yesterday's game - he did sissy out - pure and simple to see. You don't see Peyton Manning doing that - ever!

In response to TellMeTruth's comment:

Ravens had a good strategy and they executed it. Brady is only at his best when his offensive line gives him time to throw - he has never learned how to handle the blitz. What came clear to me yesterday though was *why* he fears the blitz - it's all about his personal fear of getting hurt. I have to agree with Gadfly that Brady's slide and kick made him look like a sissy. he also had a possible first down and fell down like a Pee-Wee-leaguer instead. Sad.

Check your facts.. Brady has one of the BEST PRs when blitzed than any other QB in the NFL.  A common misconception among fans like you.  Besides, the TEAM lost and Brady, really, can only do what his team mates can execute with him.  Like seeing his defense give up three consecutive TDs to the Ravens in the second half.

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Charlie5. Show Charlie5's posts

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS! DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS! 2001, 2003, 2004 - DEFENSE!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaestroKittyCat. Show MaestroKittyCat's posts

In response to Biscuit17's comment:

I said it before and I'll say it again, Brady is a choke artist since he married Gretchen or whatever her name is, no I do not care to have even one tiny micro-chip of my brain assigned to Patriots' wives' names. Think about it, BG (Before Gretchen) Three Rings, since then FIVE CHOKES. Once he sits on the bench by himself with his head hung (which he started doing very early on tonight) he should be instantly benched, or at least soundly reprimanded: "Tom, get your hang-dog head up and go lead this team, don't sit here and sulk and continue to be a loser just cuz you had one bad set." That's why I didn't watch them much this year, I knew it would come to something like this, perhaps Tom was thinking of his next GQ photo shoot, or perhaps Gretchen woke him up at 3:00am to ask him why he didn't say anything about her new haircut, and then all hell broke loose with throwing objects and drama. Joe Flacco looked like the Tom of old, making pinpoint passes and going for the JUGULAR. And what's up with the long huiddles at the opening of the Fourth Quarter? HELLO!!! A little urgency, Tom! But we didn't see the urgency until the 2 minute warning, alas....

Thats Giselle Bundchen.........(not Gretchen).....you lost me there

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlval. Show rlval's posts

Interesting concept, that the game has moved on from BB and the younger coaches have taken over, and that BB's schemes are yesterdays news. Finish in the top 2 last year, finish in the top 4 this year, and the game has passed you by? When was the last time that the Ravens appeared in the SB? What about SF? What about most of the other teams in the league? We beat St. Louis, Phily and Carolina in the SB many years ago it seems, what have they been up to lately. Didn't 8-9 coaches just get canned? If BB became a free agent today, what response do you think would happen around the league?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to steve23's comment:

I get that Ridley fumbled, but can anyone explain to me why no penalty was called for the head to head to contact?

Ridley was clearly knocked out from the head to head and the fumble ensued.  I think the NFL rules committee should address this issue.

Because Ridley was not considered a "defenseless player" under the NFL rules. Running backs are only protected from vicious helmut to helmut hits when forward progress has been acheived or they are already down. Since Ridley was fighting for more yardage, Pollard's head hunting hit is deemed legal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from IntelligentObserver. Show IntelligentObserver's posts

In response to bdarg's comment:

You are a complete idiot.  BB made it to the Super Bowl last year an dvisional final this year.  Where were Tomlin, McCarthy, Kubiak and Wisenhunt?  You cannot have everything in the salary cap error and BB is making the decisions he feels will win the most games.  What NFL team has had more success than the Partiots in the last 10 years?

Actually, you should have said the past 15 years because in the past 10 years both the Giants and the Steelers have had as much success as the Pats.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bdarg. Show bdarg's posts

In response to IntelligentObserver's comment:

In response to bdarg's comment:

You are a complete idiot.  BB made it to the Super Bowl last year an dvisional final this year.  Where were Tomlin, McCarthy, Kubiak and Wisenhunt?  You cannot have everything in the salary cap error and BB is making the decisions he feels will win the most games.  What NFL team has had more success than the Partiots in the last 10 years?

Actually, you should have said the past 15 years because in the past 10 years both the Giants and the Steelers have had as much success as the Pats.

And yet neither made the playoffs...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsinDC. Show PatsinDC's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

guys top arguing over this game. We had a great year just a disappointing ending. Goes to show you how spoiled we all are!

So I guess you call spoiled not winning a SB since 2004--9 years spoiled--OK? Brady an elite QB and BB the genius and 0 SB wins in 9 years--we are spoiled?

YESSSSS!!!!!! You DO realize most teams aren't even in a position to think about MAYBE going to the SB or even postseason. Sheesh.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsinDC. Show PatsinDC's posts

In response to user_480967's comment:

In response to PatsinDC's comment:

Well, it's one game and anything can happen. The Patriots are, on the whole, a better team. Injuries were their undoing tonight. But don't fear Pats fans- we're still the best team in football and will be until Brady retires. We can't win 'em all, law of averages and all that...

You are in denial. Seek help.

Not really. And keep those brilliant rejoinders coming!

Once the Packers were eliminated there were no teams that could beat the Pats entirely on their own merits. The Patriots had to beat themselves tonight.

Sections
Shortcuts