AFC East "Stinks"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

AFC East "Stinks"

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2013/08/patriots_set_to.html

Amusing. Well, we should cruise to another division title.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: AFC East

All this talk about how easy pats season will be is stupid .  Really...  Stupid.  stuff happens ... Players emerge.  All division games are tough.  Remember last year going to OT against the jets.......???  That was no cakewalk , pie-face.  Miami got better this off season.

Brady's older.  Those AFC east teams will all be hungry and gunning to knock him around on one of his bad days, which oh by the way happen more often when you're 35 instead of 25.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All this talk about how easy pats season will be is stupid .  Really...  Stupid.  stuff happens ... Players emerge.  All division games are tough.  Remember last year going to OT against the jets.......???  That was no cakewalk , pie-face.  Miami got better this off season.

Brady's older.  Those AFC east teams will all be hungry and gunning to knock him around on one of his bad days, which oh by the way happen more often when you're 35 instead of 25.

Valid points there coolade but jeez no coffee today a little aggressive in that post...  I like your point about brady and being older.  I"m 40 and can tell you after about 34 you get injured easier and your body takes longer to heal.  

However if you look at our 3 division opponents vs all the other teams in the league, our division schedule is probably the weakest, so I concur that our division SUCKS :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In this age of NFL parity things things change quickly. Two years ago the NFC West was a laughing stock. Beware.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

if there's a time for a team to upend the Patriots...it would be this year. Miami has the best chances. Buffalo or the Jets? Unlikely. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

It is a weak division.  All three teams have issues at QB.  Two are disasters and one questionable.  It's a QB league these days and you don't want to be without.  Defensively Miami will be tough then Buffalo a notch below that and then the Jets two notches below that.  Not much going on.  Easy schedule is relative.  Keep that in mind.  It just means that New England is expected to win those games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Both the Jets and Bills have crashed in a tremendous ball of flame these past two weeks. 

Buffalo lost their front-of-the-pack cornerback just in time for Tom Brady, and an undrafted free agent rookie quarterbacking in his very first game is setting some kind of NFL all-time record.  Buffalo's new strength is its hurry-up which is slowly getting installed.  Bill Belichick is probably the last coach on earth Tuel wants to face right now.

Miami only lost their prize tight end, Dustin Keller.  Miami has a good quarterback but if he has no open targets at all, that's an issue. 

Then there's the Jets.  Then there's the Jets.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Except for NFC west  no division is great

The pats have  I believe games with

6A Qbs Denver. Balt,Pitts,no, Atl,texans

5B Qbs,Miami ,Miami,carolna,cin, cleve

1C. Qb tampa

4 D or F Qbs jets,jets,buf,buf

and TB is an  A Qb. We should be no worse than  10-6 based on Qb level

aFC East is Dismal

But beating other good Qb teams is how we have to be measured , not  AFC East

if we did that for every team I wonder how it would become out

I also still think NFC is deeper

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

Part of the reason  for that is to sabotage any successes this team may have, so the media has a built in excuse to put down whatever BB's team accomplishes.

AFC SOuth is easily comparable as possibly is the AFC West.

Couldn't agree anymore if i tried. The AFC South is equally bad, aside from the Texans (us), they also have an overrated team in the Colts (Dolphins), an irrelevant team in Tennessee(Bills) and a joke of a team in the Jaguars (Jets). Same goes for the AFC West. Broncos (us), Chiefs (Dolphin), Chargers (Bills) and the Raiders...(even i dont think the Jets belong with them, they're so bad).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

It is a weak division.  All three teams have issues at QB.  Two are disasters and one questionable.  It's a QB league these days and you don't want to be without.  Defensively Miami will be tough then Buffalo a notch below that and then the Jets two notches below that.  Not much going on.  Easy schedule is relative.  Keep that in mind.  It just means that New England is expected to win those games.

Even under current circumstances, I think the Patriots have a good chance at winning all of their division games - maybe one loss. Should go a long ways to securing at least another division

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

This year we face the AFC North (second toughest division in football) and the NFC South.

Not easy divisions by any stretch of the imagination.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

Except for NFC west  no division is great

The pats have  I believe games with

6A Qbs Denver. Balt,Pitts,no, Atl,texans

5B Qbs,Miami ,Miami,carolna,cin, cleve

1C. Qb tampa

4 D or F Qbs jets,jets,buf,buf

and TB is an  A Qb. We should be no worse than  10-6 based on Qb level

aFC East is Dismal

But beating other good Qb teams is how we have to be measured , not  AFC East

if we did that for every team I wonder how it would become out

I also still think NFC is deeper

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

Well, if the Patriots do indeed win all of their division games....it simply means a better chance at getting into the playoffs. Then it doesn't matter what the regular season record is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Garbage, there are no easy games, no easy divisions, the best team can come from any division.  The NFL has tried to create parity and they have succeeded.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

sure, they're all hard....some less so than others.....lol.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

sure, they're all hard....some less so than others.....lol.

But not always the ones you expect, each week is something different, teams projected to be weak end up being strong and vice versa.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

Garbage, there are no easy games, no easy divisions, the best team can come from any division.  The NFL has tried to create parity and they have succeeded.

Would agree. It;s why the Rams swept the 49ers last year and the media ignored it. Or, I believe the Rams tied them in one of the games where Kaepernick looked like Tebow. LOL

Anyway, division games are always close, regardless of the quality of the clubs. 

This whole debate of division superiority is far less a factor now than it was in the pre cap era.

I would add to these facts that the familiarity of division opponents causes a lot of specific gameplanning that keeps most games close.  Of course a terrible QB can lose games , but the flip side is guys like henne, Kolb, Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, tannehill, etc . have all made plays and had big games against patriots and beat them on occasion.

overconfidence is a terrible pitfall that like you guys said the media is all too eager to puff up for the dramatic fall.

Hopefully, and this is one of BBs best attributes IMO... Keeping the team grounded enough to go out and beat these division teams consistently.  Doesn't mean it's automatic tho.  In some ways it just keeps getting tougher, not easier. 

Sections
Shortcuts