AFC is ours to lose

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

AFC is ours to lose

Baltimore's D will give us a lot of trouble...but there will offense will give themselves more trouble

Jets are capable of beating us on any given night.

So is Pittsburgh

However, we are clearly the best team in the AFC.

Injuries or another subpar performance from the oline in the playoffs is the only thing stopping us from getting to the super bowl.

Packers are still the kings though. And if Rodgers continues to play the way hes been playing, it might matter who they play in the super bowl

A lot can change though, still a long season left.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurupt. Show Kurupt's posts

Re: AFC is ours to lose

In Response to AFC is ours to lose:
    Baltimore's D will give us a lot of trouble...but there will offense will give themselves more trouble Jets are capable of beating us on any given night. So is Pittsburgh However, we are clearly the best team in the AFC. Injuries or another subpar performance from the oline in the playoffs is the only thing stopping us from getting to the super bowl. Packers are still the kings though. And if Rodgers continues to play the way hes been playing, it might matter who they play in the super bowl A lot can change though, still a long season left.
    Posted by dapats1281

I agree, a game against Pittsburgh should give us some indication of how we'll fare going into the rest of the season

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

not even mike florio is dumb enough to rank the ravens over the patriots anymore

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Every other week for the next 6 weeks we have a tough road playoff game. Pitt, New York, Philly and Washington. If we can go 3-1 in those games it should be safe to say we have established ourselves as a legit contender and sealed up homefield.

We typically dominate NFC teams, and the Eagles have several flaws while the Redskins just lost their starting running back. Should win those but they will be hard faught battles.

The Steelers are scary, but we always tend to play well there and that D may be a little too old to deal with our offense. The Jets game will be a classic.

Its going to be a classic battle in New York against the Jets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Umm, we own Pittsburgh.  Nice try though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

At worst we'll be 12-4 and at best 15-1. Splitting the difference we should get homefield at 13-3 or 14-2.

One of the Steelers and Ravens should get the other bye with 12 or so wins with the other being a wild card team at 10-11.

I see a real battle between San Diego and Oakland out West, they should each win 9 games not including the 2 left vs. each other. If one sweeps the other that team will surely win the division, but if they split it could go either way with a likely 10-6 tiebreaker situation.

Houston probably has the South, maybe with just 8-9 wins, after thumping Tenn. I really can't see Tenn, Cinci, Cleve or KC having any staying power. But who knows maybe one of them w/ a weak sched makes it interesting with 9 wins and a team like the Jets with a hard schedule finishes 5-4 and ends up ina  tiebreaker with them.

If the Bills take care of business at home (have to shock the Jets but other 4 games very winnable) then they can finish 6-4 and get to 10 wins.

I see the final playoff spots being between whatever 2 teams get 10 wins out of:

- the AFC West runner-up
    - Jets
    - Bills
    - whatever surprise team makes it interesting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd love our playoff run to include victories over the Jets ('09 revenge) Ravens ('10 revenge) and Packers ('96 revenge)

... but that may be getting a little ahead of myself

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

We do own pittsburgh, we owned the bills before they beat us a few weeks ago to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: AFC is ours to lose:
    We do own pittsburgh, we owned the bills before they beat us a few weeks ago to.
    Posted by Ender587

There is a difference between always seeming to pull out close grinding games vs. Pitt when the oddsmakers have it going either way and both teams are top 5 in the AFC over losing to the doormat for a decade who we usually humiliate but decided to play crazy inspired ball while the best player in the NFL threw a few bad balls and the refs took a dump on the rule book.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

While I'm not making any excuses for Buffalo, I think the Patriots will be especially excited to play their rivals.  If they come up short against the Steelers when they've had an extra week to prepare and have all the motivation in the world, then I'll be much more concerned about the prospects of this team

Sections
Shortcuts