AFC playoff [not for] the Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

AFC playoff [not for] the Jets

If the Jets win against Miami, the Jets will make the playoffs if one of the following two scenarios play out:

• Cincinnati loses, Tennessee loses or ties, and Oakland loses or ties
    • Cincinnati loses, Tennessee loses or ties, and Denver loses or ties

That is a rather tall order.  Cinncinatti does play Baltimore (at home).  Oakland plays San Diego at home, Denver plays KC at home and Tenn plays at Houston.  Those last three figure to be close games.  If you figure a probability of of 50% for all the games except Baltimore at Cinn (where you give Balt a 60%, then the probability of the Jets getting into the playoffs is .5*.6*.5*.75 = .1125.  IOW the odds of their making the payoffs is 9-1 against them.

I would only be happier if it were 99-1 against them (or 100-0).

As for the other NY team, I have to be satisfied with even odds since the winner of that game with Dallas makes it and the other is out.  C'mon Dallas!

(The .75 is because there is one way of failing with both Oakland and Denver winning.  There are three ways of succeeding with either or both of them losing and so for .5 for each, that means a .75 of success).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: AFC playoff [not for] the Jets

They're done, I give Rex credit for making the run he did with the band of pirates he put together the last couple years. This was the year he had to stop and pay them which is why he couldn't keep them all together and thus not make the playoffs.

Until they get a real QB and a coach who's ready to play all the teams and not just the Pats they'll continue to blow. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: AFC playoff [not for] the Jets

IMO Schottenheimer is done. I'd be very surprised if Tananboob kept him around. The Jests offensive woes will be blamed on him, not Sanchez or Fat Rex.

5. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts