AFC Superbowl Rep

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

AFC Superbowl Rep

Well it's happened. Denver got the home field throughout. Even with the Pats bye, no one will beat Denver at home. I hate saying this, but everyone knows its in the NFLs interest to get Peyton and Elway to the Super Bowl. Barring the unimaginable, Denver will get every crucial call they need to sustain momentum/kill momentum as needed. PIs, holding etc will be prolific. 

I sure hope I'm wrong, but this is to strong of a possibility. This is the NFLs second best outcome. The Pats playing next weekend would have been best.  Again any given Sunday (or Saturday with the playoffs) could happen. But what's the most realistic thought process? I believe what I outlined above.

Just my thoughts..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: AFC Superbowl Rep

Patriots will rep

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well it's happened. Denver got the home field throughout. Even with the Pats bye, no one will beat Denver at home. I hate saying this, but everyone knows its in the NFLs interest to get Peyton and Elway to the Super Bowl. Barring the unimaginable, Denver will get every crucial call they need to sustain momentum/kill momentum as needed. PIs, holding etc will be prolific. 

I sure hope I'm wrong, but this is to strong of a possibility. This is the NFLs second best outcome. The Pats playing next weekend would have been best.  Again any given Sunday (or Saturday with the playoffs) could happen. But what's the most realistic thought process? I believe what I outlined above.

Just my thoughts..

[/QUOTE]

denver will get the calls, ( see 2006 afc championship game) but the patriots are much better and should survive a bad call or two.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Thanks, now take your Meds and tell your dad to lock the guns up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I agree on one thing...the refs this entire season have been completing the rest of the Peyton Manning passes that aren't caught.  It's disgusting actually how blatant it is. 

I'm not entirely sure they'll be the AFC rep though...it's really a toss up at this stage. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This team is built to win anywhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

Just my thoughts..

[/QUOTE]You've just set up for every out of town poster reasons why they think Pats' fans whine about other teams and their getting calls. We shall see what happens over the next 3 weeks, won't we.  I know one thing for certain, Manning will make those deep, automatic PI throws at least once, if not twice, in a game.  Seems to be the norm.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We match up well against them. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Doubt it, BB usually becomes the DC in the AFCCG and Superbowl when we get there. He knows how to beat Peyton, winning will be on the offense. 

We're going to get a huge lead against Peyton, like we always do. When we get there, it'll be up to Ridley and the other RBs to keep it out of Peyton's hands. Talib and Dennard make us a very tough team to go up against and the BYE will get them some rest. 

Talib, Dennard, Spikes and Gronk all get time to get healthier is great news for the Pats. It means that we're that much tougher to deal with. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks, now take your Meds and tell your dad to lock the guns up.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doubt it, BB usually becomes the DC in the AFCCG and Superbowl when we get there. He knows how to beat Peyton, winning will be on the offense. 

We're going to get a huge lead against Peyton, like we always do. When we get there, it'll be up to Ridley and the other RBs to keep it out of Peyton's hands. Talib and Dennard make us a very tough team to go up against and the BYE will get them some rest. 

Talib, Dennard, Spikes and Gronk all get time to get healthier is great news for the Pats. It means that we're that much tougher to deal with. 

[/QUOTE] True, 49Pat, the Pats team Denver may be facing the second time around will be a much healthier team and the D has improved measurably since that game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] True, 49Pat, the Pats team Denver may be facing the second time around will be a much healthier team and the D has improved measurably since that game.

[/QUOTE]

I agree the Patriots D is better. All I know is if they Patriots get calls against them like they had against the Ravens earlier this year, they are cooked. The big tell will be the Denver divisional game.   That will give some insight if its a close, competative game. Monitor the calls and see what happens.  It doesn't matter to me if the Pats get beat fair and square in two weeks and are out of the playoffs. I just hope the NFL doesn't make it that obvious that they want Peyton to win. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]

Just my thoughts..

[/QUOTE]

If I thought it worked that way, I wouldn't watch.  It would also mean we didn't win ours.  No way.  How can you even have that in your head?  We know Manning, and we know Denver.  No surprises there.  And we played them once, I know they are "better" now, but so are we.  I have every expectation if we get the the AFCCG and Denver is still in it, we can go there and beat them.  Did it before.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just my thoughts..

[/QUOTE]

If I thought it worked that way, I wouldn't watch.  It would also mean we didn't win ours.  No way.  How can you even have that in your head?  We know Manning, and we know Denver.  No surprises there.  And we played them once, I know they are "better" now, but so are we.  I have every expectation if we get the the AFCCG and Denver is still in it, we can go there and beat them.  Did it before.  

[/QUOTE]

I have it in my head because it is real. I've talked with plenty of people that have said for the past month this is what would happen. Pats fans and just plain NFL fans. Eli has 2 rings. His brother has 1.  Brady has 3. Peyton needs at least one more to remain relevant in the conversation of greatest QB ever. Again, a team can do a lot to put it out of the officials reach to win or lose a game for a team, but thats hard to do.  Do I feel straight up, even in Denver, are the Pats a better team? You bet. But how anyone can not feel some sense of foreboding with the officiating going into Denver..well I don't know.

I watch because I have hope that legit officiating will happen. Go back to the first Giants/Pats superbowl. Was Eli wrapped up? Yes. Was the D line being held? Yep, blatantly. Did the officials kill the play or throw a flag? Nope. It started then. Thats an example of how the officials can control outcomes. And Peyton will be getting tons of those. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just my thoughts..

[/QUOTE]

denver will get the calls, ( see 2006 afc championship game) but the patriots are much better and should survive a bad call or two.

[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to correct you but we lost to the Broncos in the second round of the playoffs that year. The Broncos lost to the Steelers the next week in the AFC title game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just my thoughts..

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to correct you but we lost to the Broncos in the second round of the playoffs that year. The Broncos lost to the Steelers the next week in the AFC title game.

[/QUOTE]

i mean the season, 2006 afc championship game we lost to indy, but yes the gamw was played in jan 2007.. i think of the 2007 season as the one they went 16-0 and 2006 as the one we came on in the playoffs winning in san diego and losing that game in indy.    that game in denver was tough, the champ baily pick, the patriots came really close that year too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just my thoughts..

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i mean the season, 2006 afc championship game we lost to indy, but yes the gamw was played in jan 2007.. i think of the 2007 season as the one they went 16-0 and 2006 as the one we came on in the playoffs winning in san diego and losing that game in indy.    that game in denver was tough, the champ baily pick, the patriots came really close that year too.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I thought you meant that playoff game in Denver in 06(05 season). The refs were OK that game, but the Indy title game in Jan. 07 was the worst. Ask Ellis Hobbs-face guarding. The refs admitted after the game it wasn't a penalty any more. As much as I love my Pats, I believe the Chargers were the best team in the AFC that year(06). Schottenhiemer and his team blew that game with dumb mistakes. They outplayed us in every stat but the final score. I don't think Indy could have beaten them in San Diego where the title game would have been. The Colts always had trouble with the Chargers. Just like the Chargers always had trouble with the Jets.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

If the D stays for real and the team doesn't stick their heads up their rump for a few hours, a couple of bad calls will only make it a closer game than otherwise. And don't forget Fetus Head's penchant for one and out. We might well see the AFCCG in the Razor.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Broncos will lose vs good opponents ! 

Sections
Shortcuts