After 6 games Patriots are CHOKERS afraid to lose. Maybe they will become a truly good team before the playoffs...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

After 6 games Patriots are CHOKERS afraid to lose. Maybe they will become a truly good team before the playoffs...

At the six week mark the 2012 Patriots are CHOKERS. From Tom Brady to Patrick Chung, from BB to who the clown is coaching the secondary, from the O line to the secondary, from the kickoff coverage team to the placekicker. CHOKERS. Over the last seven games (going back to the SB) this team plays like it is afraid to lose.

I fully expect they will be a better team by late in the year but they have the minds of losers in the bodies of winners. Brady is exceptional yet he choked so many times they could have taught every boy scout in the country the heimlich maneauver. So has and so did the secondary lead by Too Late Chung to Blind Lemon McCourty to Blind Willie Arrington. CHOKERS.

They get a lead and they hope and pray that the other team will choke. I would rather see them play with some authority than play this scared rabbit style of football. And frankly I am a little tired of Tom Brady choking in the clutch. He had multiple opportunities to put the game out of reach, to put it away. And he played his worst at those times.

I know Brady is still exceptional but I am tired of this. I know the team and the coach are good but I am tired of this. I wonder is it worth it to make the trip to Foxboro next week. Even if they win this is not a team that could carry the jock strap of the team we watched a decade ago. Nor is this QB able to carry the jock strap of the QB from a decade ago. Oh yes, he is more polished and more dangerous and more savy. But he is not that guy. I wonder if that guy retired or if he is just on the sidelines.

I am not expecting perfection. But this whole thing is OLD. This team needs to stand up and play football. If they are not playing scared then they are just playing STUPID. Either way it is OLD.

They did not deserve to win this game. Nor the other ones they have lost. And at week six they sure as heck have not come close to earning anything more than being a forgetable team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: After 6 games Patriots are CHOKERS afraid to lose. Maybe they will become a truly good team before the playoffs...

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At the six week mark the 2012 Patriots are CHOKERS. From Tom Brady to Patrick Chung, from BB to who the clown is coaching the secondary, from the O line to the secondary, from the kickoff coverage team to the placekicker. CHOKERS. Over the last seven games (going back to the SB) this team plays like it is afraid to lose.

I fully expect they will be a better team by late in the year but they have the minds of losers in the bodies of winners. Brady is exceptional yet he choked so many times they could have taught every boy scout in the country the heimlich maneauver. So has and so did the secondary lead by Too Late Chung to Blind Lemon McCourty to Blind Willie Arrington. CHOKERS.

They get a lead and they hope and pray that the other team will choke. I would rather see them play with some authority than play this scared rabbit style of football. And frankly I am a little tired of Tom Brady choking in the clutch. He had multiple opportunities to put the game out of reach, to put it away. And he played his worst at those times.

I know Brady is still exceptional but I am tired of this. I know the team and the coach are good but I am tired of this. I wonder is it worth it to make the trip to Foxboro next week. Even if they win this is not a team that could carry the jock strap of the team we watched a decade ago. Nor is this QB able to carry the jock strap of the QB from a decade ago. Oh yes, he is more polished and more dangerous and more savy. But he is not that guy. I wonder if that guy retired or if he is just on the sidelines.

I am not expecting perfection. But this whole thing is OLD. This team needs to stand up and play football. If they are not playing scared then they are just playing STUPID. Either way it is OLD.

They did not deserve to win this game. Nor the other ones they have lost. And at week six they sure as heck have not come close to earning anything more than being a forgetable team.

[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree with many of the points, except Brady still being an exceptional QB. I don't think he is anymore. And I am sure many fans will argue against me. Fine. Is he still a good QB. Sure. A great QB. NO. He just does not have that fire is his eye. The passion just does not seem to be there. Hey, it happens to all great players. They start to lose their edge. But to say TB is exceptional still, I will argue that point until the cows come home. Same holds true for BB. It seemed he could do no wrong yrs ago. He made all the right moves. But lately, past few seasons and now, it seems he can do no right. He just isn't cutting the mustard anymore with his schemes. He has lost the edge too.