After all these signings I hope...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

After all these signings I hope...

Looking at all the signings (resignings) I think the one thing I would like to see is Landry but if he wants money like he was not injury prone then no thanks. One more DB would be what I hope for then lets focus on the draft and then the secondary free agent market as teams release guys in June.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Re: After all these signings I hope...

Landry is only good if he comes here for the cheap.  Seriously, I don't want investment in an oft-injured player. One of the reasons the Skins let him go and signed Meriweather is because Landry is always hurt.

Again, 1 year, maybe a 2 year deal at the right money would make sense.

I'd rather go rookie Safety in ROund 1, look for camp cuts this spring and summer to bolster the Safety spot v.s. overpaying on Landry.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd rather have Barron at pick 27 if he makes it there over Landry... but that means we have to sign Anderson or Wimbley or risk having to find OLB help in the draft where BB has passed on several good players and failed with Crable and (so far) Cunningham.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

Wherever Landry goes he is going to the pro bowl. GUARANTEE

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I just think the move makes sense for depth if nothing else. You know Chung will get hurt...add in the problems we had at that spot last year and you can see him being part of a rotation. With a little luck he is able to go much of the season without major injury and if not hopefully we've got enough guys through the draft and free agency to cover the spot. Guys like this aren't available unless there is injury concerns - come to think of it Rodney Harrison was coming off a pretty nasty ankle injury when he hit free agency if I remember.

If he's a cheap/reasonable pick up I'd go for him - I'm not saying I'd give him 20 million. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Why wouldn't the Skins re-sign him? They have plenty of coin left over. I bet they know he will be lucky to play 8 games this year. I hope we don't sign him. Too much risk, too little reward.
    One other note, Barron wont make it past Cincinnati or St Louis, they also have 2 first rounders this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Frankly, I'm surprised we haven't resigned Anderson.  he was a beast last year and filled in very well for Carter(and actually played better IMO).  He got 10 sacks despite playing part time.  he didn't do much dropping back in coverage that I saw, but I would like him back for the right price.  he probably wants big $$.  From what i saw last year I think he deserves it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I want Mark Barron in the draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I hope they take care of Wes WELKER soon. I feel they should drop his 9.4 mil for one yr down. And give him a multi yr deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: After all these signings I hope...:
    [QUOTE]I want Mark Barron in the draft.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

Barron would be awesome, but if you look back at every draft the best dafety is almost al;ways taken by pick 20.

If he drops to pick 27 he'd be a no-brainer, great pick.

I have been saying similar things about Still, Upshaw, Cox and Konz at pick 27... if we were somehow able to get 2 of those 5 I'd be dancing in the street.

Konz won't get past the Ravens at 29. A small trade, like pick 31 and 63, for pick 25 and 89 would be big in my mind. Could guarantee 2 of those players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

I hope they sign LaRon Landry and use thrir draft picks ( don't trade down or trade  away for next year)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: After all these signings I hope...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: After all these signings I hope... : Barron would be awesome, but if you look back at every draft the best dafety is almost al;ways taken by pick 20. If he drops to pick 27 he'd be a no-brainer, great pick. I have been saying similar things about Still, Upshaw, Cox and Konz at pick 27... if we were somehow able to get 2 of those 5 I'd be dancing in the street. Konz won't get past the Ravens at 29. A small trade, like pick 31 and 63, for pick 25 and 89 would be big in my mind. Could guarantee 2 of those players.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

make it so.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

1st Redskins don't have all kinds of cap room any more as the NFL took 36 million away from them.

Second I agree I do not ok I DO NOT want to face him as part of the NYJets defensive backfield. He isn't going to cost nutso money because he knows he wants to play for a team that can get him to the playoffs and  he could certainly help a team get there.

Sections
Shortcuts