After letting Seymour go, if they don't sign Wilfolk next season will be a joke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

After letting Seymour go, if they don't sign Wilfolk next season will be a joke

It amazes me that they extended Kaszur's contract and didn't extend Mankins yet !!
    Now I hear Bellichek is looking at Alabamas defensive tackle...If that's true he's playing more games on the sidelines than the team is on the field !! We need to sign Wilfolk !! I don't mean franchise him ..... pay him.... he is the best defensive tackle out there.. Our needs are at offensive line, edge speed at linebacker or defensive end, 3rd wide receiver, running back, and punter !! All I'm hearing is B.B
    is looking at this defensive tackle from Alabama and Tebow from Florida ...The very two positions that are filled by argueably the best two players in the league at their position... What the hell is going on !! MUMBLES better get some young quality players at the positions of need out of this draft or the Jets are going to fly right past us next year to the division title !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: After letting Seymour go, if they don't sign Wilfolk next season will be a joke

Maybe it is to have some leverage in the contract talks, maybe it is to throw other teams off.  Maybe he is going to franchise VW and trade him.  I dont care, but trust in BB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: After letting Seymour go, if they don't sign Wilfolk next season will be a joke

Seymour is on the downside of his career. The Pats were wise to dump him...and at a premium price. Do you really think having him would have enabled the Pats to get any farther than they did? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

"Do you really think having him would have enabled the Pats to get any farther than they did?"

I still fully support that trade of Seymour, but I think keeping him definitely would have improved this year's team.

In addition to his run stopping impact on the field, trading him in the preseason, after the rooks got to know him, sent the message that this is a cold, cold business.

Even though that's true, it's not the best thing for rookies to see up close during a grueling pre-season.

It made it harder to indoctrinate the rookies into "the Patriot way," and we heard a few scattered references to this throughout the season.

A team that was more on board with BB wouldn't have folded so easily after Welker went down.

4th and 2 was a huge moment in the season, but it was preceded by BB trading cornerstone Seymour, and 4th and 2 was followed by other head scratchers like keeping Springs on the bench while Wilhite got burned over and over again.

Long story short, keeping Seymour would have made a noticable impact on the season, but not enough to put us over the top.

I'm thrilled to have that 2011 pick, as it could be the guy we cheer for most for the next 15 years.

I just hope the BB mystique and the Patriot Way have not suffered too much damage.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I wouldn't read too much into the fat nose tackle from bama or Tebow, but I too would be p'oed if they didn't find a solution to the wilfork situation. They pretty much have to franchise him (they'd be idiots if they lost him for nothing), but that would send more ripples into the locker room. I'm hoping they franchise him and then negotiate a long-term deal that's front loaded. Either way Wilfork will be here next year. 

A front line of Warren-Wilfork-Odrick would be a step up, and if they add an impact OLB then we're really talking.

Sections
Shortcuts