Age of players at WR/TE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Age of players at WR/TE

Slater - just turned 28

Amendola - 28 in Nov

Edelman - 27

Thompkins - 25 (old man for a rook huh?)

Hooman - 25

Gronk - 24

Sudfield - 24 (another old rookie, I guess if you're over 23 you go undrafted, haha)

Boyce - 22

Dobson - 22

Are these 9 guys a Super Bowl worthy crew of pass catchers? Time will tell. With health and every rookie reaching the potential we already know each has I think they certainly can be.

9 guys age 22-28. Our QB is old but fiesty and still elite. Meanwhile these guys all have me really excited about the present and the future!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Age of players at WR/TE

I think this group is only getting better week after week 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We have QB12, he makes his WRs better...I think.

Paul Scholes; He scores goals! (clap) X5

Paul Scholes; he scores goals! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

It's good that of BB's four rookies, two of them are old rookies. 

There are rookies, there are experienced players, there are free agents who have lost a step and finally there are relatively unaffordable free agents.  Rookies learn to become half-rookies by December or by January, and between BB and Tom Brady this bunch (sometimes) appears to be an accelerated bunch of rookies.  The jump between first and second years is usually huge, the jump between second and third is small, and then it's all downhill from there.

We might as well count Develin Brandon Bolden, Vereen and Ridley in this receiving crew.  Blount is actually only 26.  Leon Washington is pretty old and can tell the kids all about Bill Clinton's impeachment trial.

Sudfeld went undrafted because of his shoulder injury.  Otherwise he's perfect.  I take pokes at the Jets for drafting two high first rounders with shoulder injuries, but when they show up as UFAs, by all means they're worth a penny-ante gamble.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

It's good that of BB's four rookies, two of them are old rookies. 

There are rookies, there are experienced players, there are free agents who have lost a step and finally there are relatively unaffordable free agents.  Rookies learn to become half-rookies by December or by January, and between BB and Tom Brady this bunch (sometimes) appears to be an accelerated bunch of rookies.  The jump between first and second years is usually huge, the jump between second and third is small, and then it's all downhill from there.

We might as well count Develin Brandon Bolden, Vereen and Ridley in this receiving crew.  Blount is actually only 26.  Leon Washington is pretty old and can tell the kids all about Bill Clinton's impeachment trial.

Sudfeld went undrafted because of his shoulder injury.  Otherwise he's perfect.  I take pokes at the Jets for drafting two high first rounders with shoulder injuries, but when they show up as UFAs, by all means they're worth a penny-ante gamble.

Great analysis thanks!

I like that Sudfield and Thompkins are 24 and 25 as well. That is simply an extra couple of years knowing how to study the game. Those two are ABSOLUTE steals.

Remember Givens and Edelman were each stolen in rd 7. Branch and (hopefully) Dobson will be solid starters out of rd 2... but BB definitely has a better track record with the 7th rounders and undrafted guys in my opinion.

Sections
Shortcuts