AH indicted for double homicide

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

AH indicted for double homicide

The double homicide shoe has finally dropped for AH. Reported by ESPN, he will be indicted for a double homicide after an incident at a Boston club several years ago (July, 2012) that left two dead and one victim witness alive.

The indictment is in Suffolk County, not the incompetent Bristol County. The Suffolk DA's office is certainly political but the DA's criminal case staff is very, very good, extremely sound. AH is in REAL trouble now. The Suffolk County DA doesn't play!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: AH indicted for double homicide

All up to that survivor to testify. Lets see if he makes it to court.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well this is good. This means the Pats might be able to get their cap space back for him not negotiating in good faith. If convicted we should get all the cap space back from the contract I believe. Anyone know for sure?

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wow, talk about "piling on"!  When you throw enough s**t on the wall, something will stick!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

If convicted we should get all the cap space back from the contract I believe. Anyone know for sure?

Correct. Kraft is never going to ever see his money, but the team would get cap relief.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If convicted we should get all the cap space back from the contract I believe. Anyone know for sure?

[/QUOTE]

Correct. Kraft is never going to ever see his money, but the team would get cap relief.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That's good. Won't help for this year but that money can be put to good use resigning McCourty moving forward or Solder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedediah10. Show jedediah10's posts

Really funny facebook string at the bottom of the ESPN article.  The all criminal team - it would be a fun exercise (in my mind) to try to field a competitive "all criminal" team...  i started by trying to pick a qb but there are so many choices!  i guess i'll stick with the obvious and go with Michael Vick (maybe he ends up as a back up on the team...).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to jedediah10's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Really funny facebook string at the bottom of the ESPN article.  The all criminal team - it would be a fun exercise (in my mind) to try to field a competitive "all criminal" team...  i started by trying to pick a qb but there are so many choices!  i guess i'll stick with the obvious and go with Michael Vick (maybe he ends up as a back up on the team...).

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

The only problem was Vick wasn't that good, there has to be a better one out there from the 70's or 80's with a record. Now what type of crimes are we talking. Like felonies or blue collar? And did they need to commit it while playing football (looking at you OJ) 

Btw Lawrence Taylor easily makes the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here is a start.....

Offense

QB = Art Schlichter, backup Michael Vick

WR = Tommy Kane

WR = Rae Carruth

RB = O.J. Simpson

Defense

DE = Robert Rozier

DT = Jim Dunaway

CB = Darryl Henley

LB = Ray Lewis

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

What took so long?  Almost two years?  Unbelievable!

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedediah10. Show jedediah10's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here is a start.....

Offense

QB = Art Schlichter, backup Michael Vick

WR = Tommy Kane

WR = Rae Carruth

RB = O.J. Simpson

Defense

DE = Robert Rozier

DT = Jim Dunaway

CB = Darryl Henley

LB = Ray Lewis

[/QUOTE]

Well, i haven't thought this through enough to know if we could make an all felon team or not.  I would like to stick Nick Kaczur on the OL in any event.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Gee, I brought this homicide up last year and was criticized, because, ya know, "how were we supposed to know?"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

This speaks to the continuing problems of NFL players (and athletes?). These guys are used to a life of privilege, having a lot of money, fame and social power. Acting ike humans for most guys is difficult.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Wasn't that long ago when all those cops showed up at Hernandez's door and rusty said...they have an agenda, they're overreacting...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

The wheels of justice are turning way too slow. Tired of seeing his mug and name. Cap space relief would provide some relief from this brutal pathetic evil excuse of a man.  He's the worse thug criminal low life of any of the NFL thug criminals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

There is no excusing the brutality of Hernandez. 

I was really hoping none of this was true, I remember first hearing the news and saying to myself that it can't be true. That no one (like AH) would do this. It is all so senseless. Still, there is no excusing this insane brutality. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

Well this is good. This means the Pats might be able to get their cap space back for him not negotiating in good faith. If convicted we should get all the cap space back from the contract I believe. Anyone know for sure?

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

[/QUOTE]

I hope that you are right.   It would really help the Patriots if this happened.  That would give them the cap space to sign someone else.   What a disappointing circumstance for the Patriots.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

For some time, I had parlayed for AH being the fact that it was always a tough scenario to have someone raised in the hood, then got out (too UFla), only to be drafted by a team that brought him back to his same neighborhood as a $100 millionaire...  But dang, on face value, that's a pretty bs excuse, And I know it.

he hasn't been convicted yet, so I'm still forever gonna stick with "Innocent until proven guilty with no reasonable doubt in mind."  Still IF he did, 'Mental Note to Self':  Here on out, If & when you (may or may not) commit 1 crime/(cough-homicide), and someone comes up to you all drunk-#ss at a local bar to stammer, 'I KNOW you commited that crime/(cough-killed that guy)'...say, 'Good for you'.......rather than (maybe or maybe not) commiting another crime/(cough-shooting that guy).

...Ya know, oftentimes these somewhat obvious choices in life need to be made crystal apparent (in a "maybe" or "maybe not" sense).

And mthurl...C'mon cops may be right or correct somewhere...but Cops nearly ALWAYS "have an agenda", and nearly ALWAYS "overat".  Sheez...

And TripleOG:

"All up to that survivor to testify. Lets see if he makes it to court."

Das funny.

...ya never know.  Sometimes "Material Witnesses" have been known to accidentally slip and get shot in the head.  ...And is this the guy that was his sister's ex-boyfriend that the cops leaned on REALLY hard???  -If so...sorta Talk about at least some degree of agenda/reasonable doubt.  =IF I know ANY-thing in this life/the united states of america, I know:  That neither an arrest nor an indictment, IS: A conviction (nor even in many scenarios, culpability of any crime).  We should keep it to="We'll see"....(cough-"but boy, dat's already a whole lotta connectivity-cough).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Cops have car linking AH, found gun with someone known to AH, a motive (argument at club) but there is a problem with the witness.

Witness was in middle of back seat when bullets were flying (and who can make id in that situation?) and took him well over a year to come forward with identification of AH (even though AH was on TV with the Pats). I don't think the witness is believable and jury may not buy his story. It is also curious Boston police took such a slow route to get grand jury indictment? Deliberate or a weak witness? Furthermore, a grand jury indictment means nothing. There is a saying: "a grand jury could indict a ham sandwich!"

Still, Do I think AH can beat 2 murder cases? Not likely! He is clumsy, arrogant and stupid as evidenced by his taped jail telephone conversations which the DA wants to use against him. He thinks he can do anything and get away with it. That is the downfall of anyone. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

I have to put a lot of blame on the BPD for their investigation. How is it that they only started looking at AH as a suspect after the Lloyd murder. Did they not have club video footage and eye witnesses that identified AH as being there that night. Why did they not even bother to bring him in for questioning? Who knows maybe if they had Lloyd would still be alive today and the Pat's may never had given him that big contract.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:

I have to put a lot of blame on the BPD for their investigation. How is it that they only started looking at AH as a suspect after the Lloyd murder. Did they not have club video footage and eye witnesses that identified AH as being there that night. Why did they not even bother to bring him in for questioning? Who knows maybe if they had Lloyd would still be alive today and the Pat's may never had given him that big contract.

Yes, it appears BPD did not investigate fully.

Furthermore, are AH lawyers going to bring up  that BPD is trying to pin every unsolved murder in Boston on AH? Why did it take witness so long to come forward if there was confrontation in club? AH was well known in Boston and at club.

Still, AH does not get away with all this. He will be held accountable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's not completely certain, though.  Generally, money actually paid to a player has to count against the cap.  The Pats have withheld some bonus money, which they probably will not have to pay and which will therefore not count against the cap.  The trickier issue is money they paid previously, but which they may now have the right to demand be returned.  If they actually were to get that money back, then they would definitely have salary cap relief.  If they don't get the money back, however, the rules are not quite so clear.  I've attached the relevant language from the CBA. Does the "refund" mentioned in that paragraph actually have to be paid for the team to get relief or can it just be owed to the team?  That will be the question the union, the league, and the lawyers will need to decide.  Note as well the last part of the paragraph about the possible insurance policy to protect the team in the event the player was unable to perform--wonder if the Pats had insurance like that on Hernandez?

Credit for Salary Forfeited or Refunded. In the event that a Club receives a refund from the player of any previously-paid Salary, or the Club fails to pay any previously allocated portion of a signing bonus (including any amount treated as signing bonus), such amount as has previously been included in Team Salary shall be credited to the Club’s Team Salary for the next League Year. For purposes of this Sub- section, to the extent that they constitute reimbursement for previously paid Salary, insurance proceeds received by a Team as beneficiary to cover the player’s inability to perform services required by his Player Contract shall be deemed a “refund from the player” if (a) the Club or the player purchased the policy (b) the amounts covered by the policy are so specified in the Player Contract; and (c) the policy is made available for inspection upon request by the NFL or the NFLPA.

Sections
Shortcuts