AH Remaining Cap Hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

AH Remaining Cap Hit

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22573202/report-patriots-void-remaining-guaranteed-money-to-aaron-hernandez

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/06/28/patriots-had-inside-knowledge-murder-charge-before-cutting-aaron-hernandez/efZRO6DxYpy6AZd7SMH3OL/story.html

The Patriots will carry significant cap charges for Hernandez over the next two years, but NFL Players Association records show — and the source confirmed — that the team has voided all of Hernandez’s remaining guaranteed money, which totals $5.91 million. They will also take a smaller salary cap hit this year — just $2.55 million — but will have a sizable hit in 2014 before Hernandez completely disappears from the books starting in 2015.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: AH Remaining Cap Hit

Well, hopefully the NFL steps in and gives them relief do to the special circumstances behind the release.  I think it would be a public relations win for a bruised league. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Well, hopefully the NFL steps in and gives them relief do to the special circumstances behind the release.  I think it would be a public relations win for a bruised league. 

good pt tcal, i do think the league does step in here.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

good pt tcal, i do think the league does step in here.  

[/QUOTE]

I hope so. Although, it is not like BB has a great relationship with the league. The way I have heard it reported is that since the Patriots cut him so early in the process, they will probably have to wait until the case is over one way or the other to recoup money and gain cap relief, by that time the 2014 season may be underway and the savings hard to utilize.