Ahhhhhcrapola.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Ahhhhhcrapola.........

Welker saying negotiations with the Pats are going downhill.

This suxs.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Ahhhhhcrapola.........

In Response to Re: Ahhhhhcrapola.........:
    No, the Pats might get rid of him and run the ball on 3 and 2 just like the other teams do for some strange reason.
    Posted by sod11

Pats don't want to be like other teams.
    Other teams want to be like the Pats.
    11.9 />3.8

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Link please

I figured something like this would happen once he signed the tender, always does. But, the Pats do tend to give out deals to players that sign the tender quickly and go to camp. Mankins is the only player I can think of that held out of the mini-camps and was signed long term.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Link please I figured something like this would happen once he signed the tender, always does. But, the Pats do tend to give out deals to players that sign the tender quickly and go to camp. Mankins is the only player I can think of that held out of the mini-camps and was signed long term.
    Posted by PatsEng

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm having trouble remembering, but didn't Wilfork hold out until he got his new deal?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Shhhhhhhh......Herald has the story........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

i'm betting the comments made to the media is not well liked by BB.  On one hand, I don't blame Welker - on the other hand, does he deserve Megatron money?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think this is why he signed the tender.  It was clear he wasn't going to get more from the Pats than the 16 million over two years they originally offered (in fact, Welker says they had actually reduced that offer in recent discussions) so he decided the safe thing to do was to sign the tender before the Pats withdrew that.  It guarantees him 9.5 million this year and means he gets to try to get a bigger deal next year as an unrestricted free agent or, on the off-chance the Pats franchise him again, a chance to end up with a franchise tag salary of close to 12 million next year.  There's some risk in turning down $16 million guaranteed for Welker, but also some upside potential for him to end up with considerably more money over two years thanks to the $9.5 million guaranteed this year and the possibility of a decent signing bonus on a new contract next year. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Trade Welker  right now for Stephen Jackson straight up(sign him to a 3 year deal)...install Edelman & or Gonzales at slot & the Pats win the next 3 superbowls....Jackson will not have to be workhorse the entire game with Vereen/Ridley/Woodhead to mix things up.... however Jackson can be the workhorse for the most part in the 2nd half to run out the clock(getting a few breathers from Ridley) after Brady builds a huge lead...

Pats franchise Brady after 2014 season & trade him for 2 1st rounders to a team in NFC(probably 49ers) & Mallet steps in as new face of franchise for next 10-12 years....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Ahhhhhcrapola......... : Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm having trouble remembering, but didn't Wilfork hold out until he got his new deal?
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

Wilfork was franchised in 2010 and signed to a 5 year deal on March 5th of 2010 so I don't think he missed any mini camps.

There were rumors he would hold out on the 09' mini camp but I don't think he ever did

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

No, the Pats might get rid of him and run the ball on 3 and 2 just like the other teams do for some strange reason.
    Posted by sod11

You mean all those teams that have won more games than the Patriots in the last dozen years, won more AFC champsionship games, and won more Super Bowls? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

As a Patriots fan, this is a bit embarrassing that they treat their number one WR this way.  Wasn't he at the top of the list in the whole NFL last season in receptions and finished 2nd to Calvin Johnson in the over all WR?  Is this BB having a senior moment here or is McDaniels not one of Wes' biggest fans?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Trade Wes for a 1st... no one player is bigger than the team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Trade Welker  right now for Stephen Jackson straight up(sign him to a 3 year deal)...install Edelman & or Gonzales at slot & the Pats win the next 3 superbowls....Jackson will not have to be workhorse the entire game with Vereen/Ridley/Woodhead to mix things up.... however Jackson can be the workhorse for the most part in the 2nd half to run out the clock(getting a few breathers from Ridley) after Brady builds a huge lead... Pats franchise Brady after 2014 season & trade him for 2 1st rounders to a team in NFC(probably 49ers) & Mallet steps in as new face of franchise for next 10-12 years....
    Posted by dmcpatsfan

welker for jackson and amendola.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to "Re: Ahhhhhcrapola.........":
    In Response to Re: Ahhhhhcrapola......... : welker for jackson and amendola. Posted by natesubs
    + 1. Jackson and a 1st rounder. Start running the ball and stop forcing it to Welker.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

As a Patriots fan, this is a bit embarrassing that they treat their number one WR this way.  Wasn't he at the top of the list in the whole NFL last season in receptions and finished 2nd to Calvin Johnson in the over all WR?  Is this BB having a senior moment here or is McDaniels not one of Wes' biggest fans?
    Posted by TFB12

The way it usually ends up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

this is actually good for the team.

at the end of teh year, i felt if we kept wes, my preference was 7 mil per year, but realizing we may have to go 8 and 3 years to get a deal done (with 2 guaranteed). now that we have leverage, they may have offered 3 years 21 or 2 at 14-15. we'll see what bb has up his sleave.
    less hit on the welker contract more to field the rest of the team. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I don't know why everyone is so surprised at this, remember the year they traded Branch and let Givens walk?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

For us fans, the business end of football certainly S*CKS!!!  Doesn't it???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I hear some of the overnight national sportstalk radio on my way to the bus in the morning. This morning they were talking about Drew Brees, the media guy from New Orleans was saying 'just sign him, make him the highest paid QB in the history of the game, he has earned it' etc. They had quotes similar to Welker from Brees as well, that he never thought the negotiations would go like they did. Its the bad part of the business, the players agreed in negotiations to the franchise tag, but always get pissed when it is applied to them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Way is it players in football feel the need to chirp about contract negotiations?
    How about S T F U and go about your job like the rest of us do.  Keep it too yourselves, you immature ***holes. 

These freakin Prima Donna's make me want to vomit.  Imagine if they actually had to function in the real world working at a position they may actually qualified for, say like fries salter at McDonald's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

I agree this s-cks, but in Belichick I trust. Professional athletes know this is a business when they get into it. Welker has done quite well for himself, as long as he did not pull a Warren Sapp. He can still make millions playing with a fantastic team, like Bruce Armstrong did. Or he can take his bruised ego to an average to below average team, who will pay him what he wants to play football. An example would be Damien Woody. I hope I am right, and Wes Welker is a class act.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

WW tried to play poker with BB. Did you notice Ebert signed a 4 year deal.

Wes gets a SB ring this year and heads to Cleveland in 2013 to ride out his career.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I think this is why he signed the tender.  It was clear he wasn't going to get more from the Pats than the 16 million over two years they originally offered (in fact, Welker says they had actually reduced that offer in recent discussions) so he decided the safe thing to do was to sign the tender before the Pats withdrew that.  It guarantees him 9.5 million this year and means he gets to try to get a bigger deal next year as an unrestricted free agent or, on the off-chance the Pats franchise him again, a chance to end up with a franchise tag salary of close to 12 million next year.  There's some risk in turning down $16 million guaranteed for Welker, but also some upside potential for him to end up with considerably more money over two years thanks to the $9.5 million guaranteed this year and the possibility of a decent signing bonus on a new contract next year. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

"i'm betting the comments made to the media is not well liked by BB.  On one hand, I don't blame Welker - on the other hand, does he deserve Megatron money?"  ~bubba

Agreed with bubba and prolate's greater sentiments right here...  

#1- You're a slot wideout and it's simply crazy to either demand Megatron money, and/or even IN the sense of you being a 30 year old in bonecrushing instantaneous career ending sport, Really- svck up the 9 mil+ you'll be getting guarenteed for 1 football season's worth of production here, Wes... 
    #2- And IF ya think that You ARE the slot wideout who should be the frontrunner to ultimately shatter the defined rule in a team cap era, That a slot WR SHOULD and DESERVES that #1 WR dough...YOU, and YOU alone, are in THE best scenario to do so:  You Are THE #1 individual option and A#1 direction that the ball is more than likely to head to, when it's hiked to Tom Brady, and whenever it inevitably leaves Tom Brady's hands as any and all given Offensive play initiates...not a single individual Runningback is ahead of you...and not ANY other Wide Receiver OR Tight End is ahead of YOU being the favored target for your HOF QB to give the ball to.  In otherwords, you have THE best opportunity right this second, to shatter any preconceived notions which you believe ARE misconceptions, THAT an NFL slot receiver should be entitled to the same dough given to THE best of the best #1 Wideouts in the League...  I'm neither discounting your efforts, your production, or ANY of the crazy great results of your tenure here or even the shattering hits you deal with...But honestly, svck up the 9 Mil+ this year, as you show the world that a slot WR is CERTAINLY worthy of being paid the same as The Top 3 #1 Franchise NFL Receivers get paid.  It's in your means, and at your disposal to do so...YOU have a better opportunity to turn this fallacy of slot-#1 paid wr, to a given factual reality than ANY single other person EVER has to shed this view-  The only thing it'll cost you is a bit'a pride by having the awful uncertainty of getting a 9 mil+ paycheck for a year of work (lol, either that or just a career ending injury that is...).    

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I don't know why everyone is so surprised at this, remember the year they traded Branch and let Givens walk?
    Posted by FishTaco64

Wait a minute (noone else got this?)...  Wasn't this the year that inevitably ended when both our #1 star stud receiver (Reche Caldwell) and our 2nd best option (Jabar Gafney), BOTH dropped a Touchdown Pass AND a 4th Quarter game-winning/drive-ending Pass(es), in The AFC Championship Game against Indy, which either would've sent us to the Superbowl (as oppossed to the couch in Foxboro)? 

Sections
Shortcuts