A.J. Francis waived, Kline promoted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: A.J. Francis waived, Kline promoted

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I think what we need to see is whether the back-ups on the line can be effective in rotation.  BB does tend to rotate his D linemen a lot to keep them fresh, so assuming the starters are Wilfork, Kelly, Jones, and Nink (if a four-man line?), then we're going to have see whether the three remaining DLs (Bequette, Buchanan, and Vellano) are effective enough to keep the D linemen fresh. It feels a little thin to me, but I'm also anticipating a lot of formations with only three or maybe even only two DLs.  

It'll be the 4/3/5, Bequette is the swing guy between the linebackers and DTs, he's pretty big and mobile.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I think people get way to over reactive regarding BB's moves with the roster.  Who has the slightest idea of what is truly going on inside his head when he starts juggling players around like this?  Not me.  Seawolf said it best..."chess to my checkers".  I'm left basing my judgement of his tactics on the final product that he provides.  Up to this point, I don't find that I have any grounds to complain.  Even regarding the most recent Super Bowl appearances that resulted as losses...the players that were out there had had an opportunity to get it done.  Some people suggest that maybe its the result of less talent, that is the reason for the losses.  I don't think so.  Some missed opportunities, occasional poor decisions, and a little bit of bad luck has been the difference, as far as I can see. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I think what we need to see is whether the back-ups on the line can be effective in rotation.  BB does tend to rotate his D linemen a lot to keep them fresh, so assuming the starters are Wilfork, Kelly, Jones, and Nink (if a four-man line?), then we're going to have see whether the three remaining DLs (Bequette, Buchanan, and Vellano) are effective enough to keep the D linemen fresh. It feels a little thin to me, but I'm also anticipating a lot of formations with only three or maybe even only two DLs.  

It'll be the 4/3/5, Bequette is the swing guy between the linebackers and DTs, he's pretty big and mobile.

You're seeing him in that Justin Francis / Jermain Cunningham role this year?  I think that makes some sense.  Just wish he had had more success previously.  

Personally, I think Buchanan is going to be a big contributor this year and I'm really interested to see what Vellano can do. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Also, I know you didn't mean 4/3/5 (unless you're watching the CFL) . . . were you thinking 3/3/5?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You're seeing him in that Justin Francis / Jermain Cunningham role this year?  I think that makes some sense.  Just wish he had had more success previously.  

Personally, I think Buchanan is going to be a big contributor this year and I'm really interested to see what Vellano can do. 

Yep on Francis

Vellano's quick...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Anybody else think Francis being waived (probably to the practice squad) and Kline being promoted to the 53 has anything to do with Svitek being out and the team feeling they needed another o-lineman more than a defensive guy?

No, it has to be because he's another Belichick bust... I'm so sick of it all.

Thank cheebus it's game day.

Look out Wozzy, you might be getting too excited about the Pats and we wouldn't want that now, would we?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

And yet the Pats are expected to make it to the playoffs every year and on average make it to the superbowl every two or three years. Hmmm sounds like the GM is really starving the HC of talent.

Sigh, I really hate this argument. Wouldn't you think Brady had something to do with it. Take Brady off the team and we lose what 5-6 extra games a year? I good example is 08'. Everyone will admit that it was one of the weakest years in terms of competition that the Pats have had in the Brady era. With Brady they could have gone 16-0 again. The fact they went from 16-0 and the SB to a 11-5 team with an easier schedule and back to a playoff team with Brady should show you that the difference between making the playoffs every year and being just a mediocre team that hovers around 8-8 is Brady. BB is a great coach and gets the most out of his guys but those guys are just plain awful talent wise. Everyone likes to point out what have players done since they left the Pats shows in dramatic fashion that BB coached them up but the serious lack of talent prevents them from being factors for any other team. The scary thing is how many SB's could we have won with the proper talent. BTW name one other team with as much dead money as we have year in and year out? The $10+mil in dead money every year from players like Fenana and A. Wilson could be put to better use don't you think? It's not that we don't have the resources to secure top end talent in FA or even the draft (though picking in the bottom end of the drat does hurt) it's that it's not used properly. 

Sections
Shortcuts