AJ McCarron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

AJ McCarron

I would like to see this Alabama guy in New England if they draft a QB. Thoughts? Think he has

strong potential.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: AJ McCarron

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would like to see this Alabama guy in New England if they draft a QB. Thoughts? Think he has

strong potential.

[/QUOTE]

Top of the second rd, Houston

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I'd love top see this guy groomed to replace the GREAT ONE, but he'll be gone long before we pick him...we have other needs before him given we still have Mallet for one year and want to fill depth for a serious SB run...

He's a real talent...great game manager...calm in the pocket..adequate arm, can read defenses...I really like him...of all the QB's coming out this year, in the long run, he might be the best, IMO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

If you were to poll BDC on which QB they'd like to see land in NE, I bet 90+% of them would say McCarron.  I'm one of those 90+%.

Love him in Rd 3... love him less in Rd 2.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If we take a qb in round 1 my head will explode like in scanners. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we take a qb in round 1 my head will explode like in scanners. 

[/QUOTE]

HAHA! Should never say this, with BB, MAYBE only a Punter is not going in 1st round.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd love top see this guy groomed to replace the GREAT ONE, but he'll be gone long before we pick him...we have other needs before him given we still have Mallet for one year and want to fill depth for a serious SB run...

He's a real talent...great game manager...calm in the pocket..adequate arm, can read defenses...I really like him...of all the QB's coming out this year, in the long run, he might be the best, IMO

[/QUOTE]

+1. I wouldn't be suprised if he has the most wins at the end of his career of all the QB's coming out this year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1. I wouldn't be suprised if he has the most wins at the end of his career of all the QB's coming out this year

[/QUOTE]

Great minds think alike department... :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Hand size? NE will only take a large hand QB because of weather considerations.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I'm not sold on him but I dont have a strong opinion on any one QB this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He would be an excellent pick for the Pats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

He never really had to vome up big... the team was mostly so good. So it is harder to gauge his clutchness and resourcefulness. Add to that that he is not special as a passer.

So I am not really convinced.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I'd love him as a 3rd round prospect, and even in the 2nd. 

I beleive he needs grooming to maximize his potential; specifically, he needs grooming on his pass velocity. But as a mid round guy, he has some ability to get out of the way and not make mistakes, which is ahuge advantage over many other QBs in the draft. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to mia76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hand size? NE will only take a large hand QB because of weather considerations.

[/QUOTE]

Big hands... 10 inches.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

He's an interesting prospect... played at the highest level , won and won in the biggest games but I just don't see him being a top ten Qb in the NFL. Sort of reminds me a  little of Chritian Ponder. I think he might have a better career than Ponder but I still see some similar traits.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I just don't think he usi anything speciali woder about Qbs who play on the elite teams, USC, ala, lsu, Oregon, they play with such great talent.

I guess ilike the big hands, but only an average arm, is he exceptionally accurate?

zMontana didn't have a gun, but he threw the most catchable balls for recievers and was incredibly accurate in his system. And he had the "it" factor in the clutch.

It seems to me that optimally the time to get TBs replacement may start next year. TB will have only a few years left and the Qb will be on a rookie contract. If mallet leaves next year

and we draft one, BB will grt an experience Qb , and will probably carry 3, just like we would have to if we drafted one this year

And probably who ever we draft will have so many questions , none of us will be happy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about McCarron!  I really like this kid!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I like McCarron more in the third round, however, from the Pats current draft position they would have to trade down (into early third late second) or trade up into the late 2nd round for him. You really have to look at the QB class and see which QB need teams have not picked after the first and second. Some of the QBs in this class could be trade bait at #29.

I'll just assume everyone else's assessment of McCarron is better than my own. Especially MB and ZBs.

Which QB do you see falling out of the 1st round? Might be a more apt question.

I do like McCarron. though not before drafting a DT or TE.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

He's got a stronger arm than most think. Watched his tapes, and he throws an excellent deep out. Toughest pass for QB. He's getting a bad rap about his arm strength. Throws a very good deep ball. His play action is excellent, really sells it. Last year I was saying mirror image to Brady.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Like the guy in the 3rd.  Like to see other needs in first 2 RDS addressed before a qb.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

It would nice to have him here for the sole purpose of his hot girlfrield. Gisele and this babe in and around Boston, now that would sweet!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Resign Mallet and keep moving forward with getting younger on the line.  Brady still has a couple more years in him.  The Patriots need OL, DL and TE help.  They are better off trying to fill these needs in this draft than to fill the backup QB role.  BB has the ability to find late round QB's that fill a role.  Hoyer was a FA and Cassell was a late rounder. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

If this was two three years down the road I say he's a Patriot but I don't think where BB would draft him he will still be available.  I think he will have the best carreer out of the 2014 class.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

This kid is a winner first of all.  Think he has excelled in big games and even in the losses, he didn't quit on his team.  For those that can remember, Montana was downgraded for all the things y'all are saying.  I lived in michigan during the Brady years and watched a winner (I didn't root for Michigan but enjoyed watching him a lot) and hoped he would be drafted by the Pats to backup Bledsoe ( who just signed that stupid contract). Again, remember his rating arm strength slow didn't throw tight spiral etc etc etc. 

I don't grade the college players, but the eye test tells me he is a winner and hope he is a Patriot Where he can learn from the best. 

Some say not draftable until 3rd , but isn't pick 60 like a 3rd rd??    If he rated high by BB etc, then take him and get him ready to replace TB Regardless of the round.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't really have much of an opinion on McCarron. The word "adequate" keeps wanting to rear its ugly head and . . .   well . . .   that's not much of an endorsement, but what this thread really got me thinking about was, unlesss maybe you're Steve Young or somebody, do you really want to be the guy who comes in here and "replaces" Tom Brady.

Good luck with that.

Wink