AJ McCarron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: AJ McCarron

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's an interesting prospect... played at the highest level , won and won in the biggest games but I just don't see him being a top ten Qb in the NFL. Sort of reminds me a  little of Chritian Ponder. I think he might have a better career than Ponder but I still see some similar traits.

[/QUOTE]

IMO McCarron reads the field and makes better and faster decisions than Ponder did in college. Ponder had a stronger arm. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It would nice to have him here for the sole purpose of his hot girlfrield. Gisele and this babe in and around Boston, now that would sweet!

[/QUOTE]

LMAO...+10

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

I don't really have much of an opinion on McCarron. The word "adequate" keeps wanting to rear its ugly head and . . .   well . . .   that's not much of an endorsement, but what this thread really got me thinking about was, unlesss maybe you're Steve Young or somebody, do you really want to be the guy who comes in here and "replaces" Tom Brady.

Good luck with that.

Wink

Yeah, but don't forget TB didn't even get THAT much of an endorsement!

They said TB had no arm strength, but he's done just fine....McCarron has played for a loaded team all four years he played (yep, 4 years a starter), but he's also played in a conference that has teams that could actually play better than a few  teams in the NFL!...The SEC is the toughest NCAA league, and he lost, what, 1 game, or was it 2, during his 4 years playing at Alabama...he's always stayed cool in the pocket, he's always made good reads, he's always made very good deep and sideline throws...heck, he even picks girlfriends like TB does....

Now I'm not saying that he'll be the next TB...that's foolish...but why would anyone say that...TB is a HOFer, one of the best, if not THE best of all time...but the kid is pretty good against the best competition...he's worth a try...and personally I think if he comes into camp, he beats out Mallet...by a wide margin...right now, you'd be EXTREMELY lucky to get a 4th for Mallet...if you could, you'd better grab it before they change their minds.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I never understood the reason why we Drafted Mallet, at least not in that point in the Draft.

Cue in Babe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

I never understood the reason why we Drafted Mallet, at least not in that point in the Draft.

Cue in Babe.

Reason we drafted Mallet . . . the 2008 season!  Brady goes down at least we have a chance of making the playoffs with him.  I also thought BB though he'd shine in pre-season games and at this point he could be traded for a 2nd round pick . . . fact is he has not shone anything other than a strong arm . . . might be able to grap a 3rd or 4th round pick for him his year if and only if he agrees to an extension with some team.

I'd actually look at drafting Zach Mettenberger of LSU with one of the 6th round picks, put the guy on IR this year (he is recovering from torn ACL) and keep Mallet as the backup for this season.  Mettenberger is big, strong, has a huge arm, and has played against SEC competition . . . he will be the find in ths year's draft!  Carr, Bortles, Bridgewater and Johnny football with be gone in the first 2 rounds.  Garoppola, McCarron, Boyd,  Murray and Foles will go in the first 5 rounds.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I'd have no problem with AJ McCarron being a Patriot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Too many other needs for the  Pats to draft AJ in the top rounds.

Just bring in Jordan Lynch as a UDFA and be done with it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

yeah, sure. dude is short 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/07/nfl-teams-look-at-jordan-lynch-as-a-running-back-or-safety/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/07/nfl-teams-look-at-jordan-lynch-as-a-running-back-or-safety/

[/QUOTE]

Can't tell if you're joking Kansas.   I'm not.

He's at least as tall as a guy named Russell Wilson (to name one). 

I also think BB might be intrigued by his tryout at safety.   Would it shock anyone if he could pllay the position better than Chung?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can't tell if you're joking Kansas.   I'm not.

He's at least as tall as a guy named Russell Wilson (to name one). 

I also think BB might be intrigued by his tryout at safety.   Would it shock anyone if he could pllay the position better than Chung?

[/QUOTE]

NO!.... :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would like to see this Alabama guy in New England if they draft a QB. Thoughts? Think he has

strong potential.

[/QUOTE]

hi iceman,

i posted the possible fit early last college season.....so yeah i could see it. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would like to see this Alabama guy in New England if they draft a QB. Thoughts? Think he has

strong potential.

[/QUOTE]

hi iceman,

i posted the possible fit early last college season.....so yeah i could see it. :)

[/QUOTE]

Via CBSSports.com

Strengths Weaknesses

STRENGTHS: Good size and height. Balanced passer and gets into a rhythm quickly with proper mechanics. Sees the field well and makes smart, sharp decisions. Nice job stepping up and moves well within the pocket, showing good footwork to avoid the rush while keeping his eyes downfield. Average athlete with enough foot speed to buy time and make plays outside the pocket. Nice job recognizing pressure, adjusting and surveying, not afraid to throw the ball away. Good timing and accuracy and throws a very catchable ball with nice touch. High football IQ and operates the offensive gameplan very efficiently. Doesn?t miss throws he should make and takes what the defense gives him. Confident leader with professional intangibles. Shows good fight and resolve on the field. Strong collegiate resume as a three-year starter with a 36-4 career record as a starter (.900), including three National Championship. Holds school records for passing yards in a season (3,063) and career (10,019) and passing touchdowns in a career (77).

WEAKNESSES: Very average body type and build. Lacks an elite arm with average-at-best velocity on downfield throws. Deep ball tends to float too much. Will drop his eye level prematurely at times and abandon his reads. Gets himself in trouble when attempting to throw off his back foot, struggling to get much juice on passes 20+ yards. Pre-snap reads are a work-in-progress and will predetermine throws or lead defenders to his intended target, allowing them to undercut the route. Some durability concerns after minor foot surgery in Jan. 2014 and past issues with his right knee and fatigued throwing shoulder.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

they predict he will be a good backup but question his rise to elite QB. I disagree.....sees the field very well...under pressure make very good decisions.