Al Davis = Embarassment To NFL

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

He seems pretty cool from what I can tell. If every owner behaved as well as Kraft, it would be a boring league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

He is just mad cause Moss left and had a huge year here in NE it is that simple, he probally think that they should have kept Moss so that Russel could throw deep all day but guess what Al I know your old and forgetful but it was you that made the trade of Moss not Kiffen so either come to terms with teh fact that you are old and stupid and made a bad movwe in letting Moss go or dont but dont make sh*t up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Al Davis is senile, and everyone knows it (except for Al himself, of course). It's a shame in a way, and comical in another. He was a pioneer and helped start the AFL decades ago. He was ruthless, not especially likeable, but quite successful. He is like a doting monarch, irrational, and not taken too seriously. He should step aside, let saner people run the team, and perhaps enjoy success in his twilight years. But he refuses to let go, even when he's incompetent. This team has gone down since Gruden left. Yet his meddling and personnel moves sank the team the season after their SB appearance. And no coach has been given the time or power to turn it around. The morons at ESPN probably don't believe it, but this accusation screams scandal...which is their bread and butter it seems. Fans won't put much stock in it, but the trolls will relish it as a new attack. And Al was quite intent on getting Randy out of town. But not for free. When they got no takers he finally took a second day pick, which shows how much they valued him. Now that Randy has shown he's still elite, he makes up bogus details. Eventually Al will pass away, or his relatives will have him committed. He did some great things in this league but he's a dinosaur now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Back in the day he was one tough SOB, and he ran his football team like a gang and i loved it. I loved the tough football that they played back in the days of Howie Long but I am not sure Davis was ever built for this modern era of football, he is a throw back to the good ol days and that wont work in todays NFL. He used to stalk up and down the sidelines during practice and tell his players that they werent that tough and that he could have "Taken their lunch money" and that is kind of cool, he was a hard as nails kind of owner and it won him championships but now he is washed up and it is sad cause he really was a great man in the football world and he is not only hurting his legacy but the legacy of teh Raiders as well.

I mean he has been acting so crazy the last few years that people forget that the raiders made it to teh super bowl just a few years ago and that they had a two time league MVP in Rich Gannon on that team but he is so crazy now that people forget all about it and can only remember how bad the team has been since the super bowl.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Al Davis is great for the NFL, Pats fans should love Al Davis!
    4th rd pick for Randy Moss, need I say more!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ziggy. Show ziggy's posts

When the Raiders were in LA and played at the Coluseum, the fans were perhaps the worst I have ever seen. There were more fights, cursing and swearing, totally disrespectful behavior than I have seen at any football venue anywhere in the country, and I have been to several across the country, and God help you if you let it be known that you were a fan of any other team other than the Raiders. A total mob mentality. The Raider organization did nothing, I mean NOTHING to try to keep this in check. I always believed they promoted it. This would parallel their team attitude of misfits and social deviants. Am I offended by that behavior? Not really. But I took my 7 year old son to a game there once, and it scared him so bad that when I got tickets for him to see a Bears game (his heroes) vs the Rams in Anaheim, where the atmosphere is so mellow you were not sure anyone was really watching the game, my son was too frightened to go. I hold Al Davis responsible for my son being traumatized. So screw him!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

wow that is a good story, i heard someone say the samething about the Jets last season they will never go to a game again, they turned in their season tickets for the Jets after he brought his son to a game last season. Fans like that ruin the game. allthough i can do with otu all the pink hat yuppy rich kids too who dont even cheer or make noise at games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

That is Cali for you

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Thank you muchly Jintfan

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

[Quote]When the Raiders were in LA and played at the Coluseum, the fans were perhaps the worst I have ever seen. There were more fights, cursing and swearing, totally disrespectful behavior than I have seen at any football venue anywhere in the country, and I have been to several across the country, and God help you if you let it be known that you were a fan of any other team other than the Raiders. A total mob mentality. The Raider organization did nothing, I mean NOTHING to try to keep this in check. I always believed they promoted it. This would parallel their team attitude of misfits and social deviants. Am I offended by that behavior? Not really. But I took my 7 year old son to a game there once, and it scared him so bad that when I got tickets for him to see a Bears game (his heroes) vs the Rams in Anaheim, where the atmosphere is so mellow you were not sure anyone was really watching the game, my son was too frightened to go. I hold Al Davis responsible for my son being traumatized. So screw him![/Quote]

Ziggy, That's actually a pretty sad story... Hope your son came to terms and realizes now that these were simply a minority of a couple of drunk urchins with no class, values, or brains and doesn't roll it into some grandiose sad ethos... A child that has been traumatized and is now afraid to witness a football game, I think everyone on this board will agree that such incidental pathos in the U.S.A. is pretty much the saddest story I can imagine... In fact I'd rather You told me a tale about someone that woke up 1 day, and lost his hair, his wife, and got hit by a bus (and that was just the A.M.) rather than a child fearful of Football...

Sections
Shortcuts