ALABAMA v. NOTRE DAME Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

ALABAMA v. NOTRE DAME Game Thread

(12-1) Alabama Crimson Tide v. (12-0) Notre Dame Fighting Irish (+10.5): Though Alabama is heavily favored, the one team to beat them, the Aggies of Texas A&M, have a team somewhat similar to Notre Dame. But A&M's trigger man, Heisman Trophy winner, freshman QB Johnny Manziel, is much more accomplished than Irish QB, freshman Everett Golson. Still,  Golson has gradually improved as the season wore on...and Notre Dame has a better defense than the Aggies. I don't see Alabama as the defensive dynamo they were last season. This should be a tight, taunt, low scoring game. I don't know if Notre Dame can muster enough offense to win, but I like them to cover: PICK: Notre Dame  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: ALABAMA v. NOTRE DAME Game Thread

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

(12-1) Alabama Crimson Tide v. (12-0) Notre Dame Fighting Irish (+10.5): Though Alabama is heavily favored, the one team to beat them, the Aggies of Texas A&M, have a team somewhat similar to Notre Dame. But A&M's trigger man, Heisman Trophy winner, freshman QB Johnny Menzel, is much more accomplished than Irish QB, freshman Everett Golson. Still,  Golson has gradually improved as the season wore on...and Notre Dame has a better defense than the Aggies. I don't see Alabama as the defensive dynamo they were last season. This should be a tight, taunt, low scoring game. I don't know if Notre Dame can muster enough offense to win, but I like them to cover: PICK: Notre Dame  

[/QUOTE]

u the Man TP!

IRISH 28  BAMA 17 

BOOK IT DAN-O!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

(12-1) Alabama Crimson Tide v. (12-0) Notre Dame Fighting Irish (+10.5): Though Alabama is heavily favored, the one team to beat them, the Aggies of Texas A&M, have a team somewhat similar to Notre Dame. But A&M's trigger man, Heisman Trophy winner, freshman QB Johnny Menzel, is much more accomplished than Irish QB, freshman Everett Golson. Still,  Golson has gradually improved as the season wore on...and Notre Dame has a better defense than the Aggies. I don't see Alabama as the defensive dynamo they were last season. This should be a tight, taunt, low scoring game. I don't know if Notre Dame can muster enough offense to win, but I like them to cover: PICK: Notre Dame  

[/QUOTE]

u the Man TP!

IRISH 28  BAMA 17 

BOOK IT DAN-O!

[/QUOTE]

Notre Dame's win over Stanford this year impressed me. But, if they do win, I don't see them winning big. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomar8477. Show nomar8477's posts

Im as big an ND fan as you'll find. I dont see how they can win. I sure hope they can..but Alabamas defense is insane..and their running game is insane. Good QB. ND has all that..just not as good. I hope 21-10 ND..but I see it 21-10 Bama

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Go Fighting Irish of Notre Dame!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I'm pulling for my Irish, however, the SEC is on a whole other level in College Football.  I don't see this one being any closer than a 21-10 win for Alabama.

I am looking forward to watching 2 great defenses absolutely pound each other, though. 

I'm anxious to see how Manti Te'o performs in the NFL.  His passion and leadership remind me a lottt of Ray Lewis. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Alabama will win but I want Notre Dame.  No, maybe I want Bama!  Maybe I want just a really good and close game because I can't decide who I want.  But like I said, I 'm pretty sure Alabama wins this one, maybe by 13. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The Irish are sort of the Pats of the NCAA.  So many folks want them to lose and Alabama is a darling.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Irish are sort of the Pats of the NCAA.  So many folks want them to lose and Alabama is a darling.

[/QUOTE]

Normally yes, but I wouldn't say that this year.  Obnoxious "SEC fan" is tilting the favoritism ND's way this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm pulling for my Irish, however, the SEC is on a whole other level in College Football.  I don't see this one being any closer than a 21-10 win for Alabama.

RESPONSE: The SEC's rep has taken a bit of a hit, with LSU's loss to Clemson (ACC), Florida getting handled by Louisville (Big East), and Mississippi State lost to Northwestern (Big 10). 

I am looking forward to watching 2 great defenses absolutely pound each other, though.

RESPONSE: I too am expected a taunt, tight, low scoring game. 

I'm anxious to see how Manti Te'o performs in the NFL.  His passion and leadership remind me a lot of Ray Lewis.

RESPONSE: Don't know if he's got the physical tools to be another Lewis. The kid reminds me more of a Tedy Bruschi type player. 

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Photo: What do you guys think about this t-shirt? We'll talk about it next...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Photo: What do you guys think about this t-shirt? We'll talk about it next...

[/QUOTE]

Ha ha

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

You do realize there's a politically incorrect joke that goes with this.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I guess it was only a matter of time before the Dallas Cowboys of the NCAA finally stumbled their way back into the Big Time.

Unfortunate for them -- and their insufferable fan base -- that an actual football team will be lining up across from them tonight.

Finish your snacks early Irish bobos . . .  I think you're gonna lose your appetite fairly quickly in this one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Want ND to win even though my handle might indicate otherwise. Players I'll be watching: Jessie Williams, Barrett Jones, Man'ti, Milliner, Chance Warmack, Fluker, Eifert, Nico Johnson and Robert Lester. All players that could be taken in 1st three rounds. IMHO this game is about the Tide's O Line vs. ND's front seven. McCarron could be a late round (4-7) QB pick. For me, this is almost a top prospects game (see Shrine, Senior Bowl) with many good players that could be draftees for any number of teams and I expect alot of scouts to be in the stands for this one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Want ND to win even though my handle might indicate otherwise. Players I'll be watching: Jessie Williams, Barrett Jones, Man'ti, Milliner, Chance Warmack, Fluker, Eifert, Nico Johnson and Robert Lester. All players that could be taken in 1st three rounds.

RESPONSE: These are also players that the Patriots may have interest in. I look for them to try to bolster their OL, secondary, WR, and DL, in the upcoming draft.

IMHO this game is about the Tide's O Line vs. ND's front seven. McCarron could be a late round (4-7) QB pick. For me, this is almost a top prospects game (see Shrine, Senior Bowl) with many good players that could be draftees for any number of teams and I expect alot of scouts to be in the stands for this one.

RESPONSE: Agreed.

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Want ND to win even though my handle might indicate otherwise. Players I'll be watching: Jessie Williams, Barrett Jones, Man'ti, Milliner, Chance Warmack, Fluker, Eifert, Nico Johnson and Robert Lester. All players that could be taken in 1st three rounds. IMHO this game is about the Tide's O Line vs. ND's front seven. McCarron could be a late round (4-7) QB pick. For me, this is almost a top prospects game (see Shrine, Senior Bowl) with many good players that could be draftees for any number of teams and I expect alot of scouts to be in the stands for this one.

[/QUOTE]

Also keep any eye on ND S Zeke Motta.  He's not the prospect that Harrison Smith was, but has elite size for the position, is very physical and tackles well and has good speed and movement ability... prob be off the board between Rd's 3-4.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I guess it was only a matter of time before the Dallas Cowboys of the NCAA finally stumbled their way back into the Big Time.

Unfortunate for them -- and their insufferable fan base -- that an actual football team will be lining up across from them tonight.

Finish your snacks early Irish bobos . . .  I think you're gonna lose your appetite fairly quickly in this one.

[/QUOTE]

u know p-mike i thought ur personality as an over-opinionated loudmouth was limited to the Pats but now I see it just extends everywhere

so stanford, michigan, mich st, oklahoma and usc aren't real college teams huh? and i guess ND should/could have scheduled some of those IIA programs the SEC schedule to beat 75-0 but they don't do that sort of thing at South Bend

and insufferabe fans? you must have them confused with the SEC blowhards-particularly Alabama, the Yankees fans of the NCAA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

u know p-mike i thought ur personality as an over-opinionated loudmouth was limited to the Pats but now I see it just extends everywhere

so stanford, michigan, mich st, oklahoma and usc aren't real college teams huh? and i guess ND should/could have scheduled some of those IIA programs the SEC schedule to beat 75-0 but they don't do that sort of thing at South Bend

and insufferabe fans? you must have them confused with the SEC blowhards-particularly Alabama, the Yankees fans of the NCAA

[/QUOTE]

I can't understand the hate for ND...a school that, in refusing to lower it's academic standards, has lost many a recruit over the years. Seems to me that ol' Notre Dame should gain favor for that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can't understand the hate for ND...a school that, in refusing to lower it's academic standards, has lost many a recruit over the years. Seems to me that ol' Notre Dame should gain favor for that.

[/QUOTE]

well p-mike ain't too bright TP

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjmsphd43. Show jjmsphd43's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Read Under the Tarnished Dome it is all about how Notre lowered its standards plenty during the Lou Holtz era in order to regain its status as a football power house.

If you think it is possible for a team to go 13-0 in the modern NCAA football landscape while following all the NCAA rules to a T and having higher than average admission standards, I have several bridges to sell you...

25. This post has been removed.