In response to jjmsphd43's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I guess it was only a matter of time before the Dallas Cowboys of the NCAA finally stumbled their way back into the Big Time.

Unfortunate for them -- and their insufferable fan base -- that an actual football team will be lining up across from them tonight.

Finish your snacks early Irish bobos . . .  I think you're gonna lose your appetite fairly quickly in this one.

[/QUOTE]

u know p-mike i thought ur personality as an over-opinionated loudmouth was limited to the Pats but now I see it just extends everywhere

so stanford, michigan, mich st, oklahoma and usc aren't real college teams huh? and i guess ND should/could have scheduled some of those IIA programs the SEC schedule to beat 75-0 but they don't do that sort of thing at South Bend

and insufferabe fans? you must have them confused with the SEC blowhards-particularly Alabama, the Yankees fans of the NCAA

[/QUOTE]

I can't understand the hate for ND...a school that, in refusing to lower it's academic standards, has lost many a recruit over the years. Seems to me that ol' Notre Dame should gain favor for that.

[/QUOTE]

Read Under the Tarnished Dome it is all about how Notre lowered its standards plenty during the Lou Holtz era in order to regain its status as a football power house.

If you think it is possible for a team to go 13-0 in the modern NCAA football landscape while following all the NCAA rules to a T and having higher than average admission standards, I have several bridges to sell you...

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps...but Lou isn't there anymore...and, if the standards were lowered, they have since been raised again. Perhaps that would account for Notre Dame falling out of relevance for the national title, over the past 20 years. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: ALABAMA v. NOTRE DAME Game Thread

It's really just boils down to how many points ND scores.

I think they can hold Bama to 20 or 21. Nix and Lewis-Moore vs the Bama OL will be interesting. It would really be impressive if they hold Bama below 20. 

That said, I think ND needs to score 24 to win this game. I'll be watching if the ND OL can spring Riddick out. If so then ND has a good chance.

Bottomline, we will be treated to a great battle in the trenches

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

GO IRISH!!!

[/QUOTE]

Getting ready to play the movie "Rudy" on my dvd...LOL!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

(12-1) Alabama Crimson Tide v. (12-0) Notre Dame Fighting Irish (+10.5): Though Alabama is heavily favored, the one team to beat them, the Aggies of Texas A&M, have a team somewhat similar to Notre Dame. But A&M's trigger man, Heisman Trophy winner, freshman QB Johnny Menzel, is much more accomplished than Irish QB, freshman Everett Golson. Still,  Golson has gradually improved as the season wore on...and Notre Dame has a better defense than the Aggies. I don't see Alabama as the defensive dynamo they were last season. This should be a tight, taunt, low scoring game. I don't know if Notre Dame can muster enough offense to win, but I like them to cover: PICK: Notre Dame  

[/QUOTE]

u the Man TP!

IRISH 28  BAMA 17 

BOOK IT DAN-O!

[/QUOTE]

Notre Dame's win over Stanford this year impressed me. But, if they do win, I don't see them winning big. 

[/QUOTE]

notre dame tied stanford (refs didnt count stanfords last td)

i found that game(for notre dame) quite unimpressive. the stanford coach went more conservartive than his usual very conservagtive tendencies (otherwise i saw them winning by 10+)

ditto the byu and the pitt games' where the referee-and-divine-intervention saved nd's propped up #1 seeding.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

ROLL TIDE BABY!! beat the child molesters!

[/QUOTE]

rooting for tide as well.

think though by the end of the year tex a and m (aTm) may heve been the best team. never know without  a playoff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I guess it was only a matter of time before the Dallas Cowboys of the NCAA finally stumbled their way back into the Big Time.

Unfortunate for them -- and their insufferable fan base -- that an actual football team will be lining up across from them tonight.

Finish your snacks early Irish bobos . . .  I think you're gonna lose your appetite fairly quickly in this one.

[/QUOTE]

u know p-mike i thought ur personality as an over-opinionated loudmouth was limited to the Pats but now I see it just extends everywhere

so stanford, michigan, mich st, oklahoma and usc aren't real college teams huh? and i guess ND should/could have scheduled some of those IIA programs the SEC schedule to beat 75-0 but they don't do that sort of thing at South Bend

and insufferabe fans? you must have them confused with the SEC blowhards-particularly Alabama, the Yankees fans of the NCAA

[/QUOTE]

jint,
    if you want to talk yankees of college football, anyone who looks at the history i believe would know that it's notre dame.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjmsphd43. Show jjmsphd43's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jjmsphd43's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can't understand the hate for ND...a school that, in refusing to lower it's academic standards, has lost many a recruit over the years. Seems to me that ol' Notre Dame should gain favor for that.

[/QUOTE]

Read Under the Tarnished Dome it is all about how Notre lowered its standards plenty during the Lou Holtz era in order to regain its status as a football power house.

If you think it is possible for a team to go 13-0 in the modern NCAA football landscape while following all the NCAA rules to a T and having higher than average admission standards, I have several bridges to sell you...

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps...but Lou isn't there anymore...and, if the standards were lowered, they have since been raised again. Perhaps that would account for Notre Dame falling out of relevance for the national title, over the past 20 years. 

[/QUOTE]

Maybe I am a pessimest, but I believe every successful college football program is dirty. It is what you have to do to compete in that sport. 

He is a good Chicago Sun Times about how one of the keys to Notre Dame turning things around under Kelly was him getting the university to back off on admission standards and disciplanary rules for football players:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/6891705-419/looser-academic-disciplinary-criteria-show-irish-ready-to-play-ball.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ROLL TIDE BABY!! beat the child molesters!

[/QUOTE]

rooting for tide as well.

think though by the end of the year tex a and m (aTm) may heve been the best team. never know without  a playoff.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed on A&M. It's a damn shame that there's no playoff system. Can you imagine the interest in the bowl games, if there was, say, a 12 team playoff system? The top 4 teams would get byes.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

ROLLLLLLLLLLL TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wonder who Dont'a Hightower is pulling for?? LOL!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

GO IRISH!!!

[/QUOTE]

Getting ready to play the movie "Rudy" on my dvd...LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

LOL, dude's a nazi

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The Fighting Irish must prevail! And people wonder why I like Brady so much.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's one thing to be irish, but calling your football team irish isn't the same thing- they're from indiana-which makkes them the fighting indianians

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's one thing to be irish, but calling your football irish isn't the same thing- they're from indiana-which makkes them the fighting indianians

[/QUOTE]

Can't wait for kick-off!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's one thing to be irish, but calling your football irish isn't the same thing- they're from indiana-which makkes them the fighting indianians

[/QUOTE]

LOL......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Any team willing to go by such an awesome name gets my support.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL, says the guy with an italian named avatar. you and UD and crusty kiss and make up yesterday?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Who's anxious to see Golic's thong tomorrow morning????!!!!  Should be a hoot!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Musberger?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL, says the guy with an italian named avatar. you and UD and crusty kiss and make up yesterday?

[/QUOTE]

The Italians are okay in my book.

I don't kiss and make up with trolls.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriot-fan-74. Show patriot-fan-74's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Photo: What do you guys think about this t-shirt? We'll talk about it next...

[/QUOTE]

I know you are a huge Note Dame fan and I am a huge Alabama fan...so I wish you guys good luck tonight!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Is it whacked that 2 players on the same team have the same number?