Albert Haynesworth’s former coach: “I think he’s finished”

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

Albert Haynesworth’s former coach: “I think he’s finished”

http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/24/albert-haynesworth-finished/?sct=nfl_t2_a3

What a waste of talent....never in a million years do you pay a guy with hs track record all that up front money.....if properly motivated Haynesworth could have been a remarkable player

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Albert Haynesworth’s former coach: “I think he’s finished”

Wasted talent for sure.  Millions of people dying for the chance to play pro football and this guy comes in with the pro football world in his hands and throws it all way.  What a disgrace.

Can't believe the Patriots would bring that heap in and pay him money but not sign WW to a 3 year deal.  Mind blowing!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilIi. Show BabeParilIi's posts

Just another example of BB's shortcomings as a GM.

Where's Rusty to defend this acquisition? LOL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Albert Haynesworth’s former coach: “I think he’s finished”:
    Just another example of BB's shortcomings as a GM. Where's Rusty to defend this acquisition? LOL.
    Posted by BabeParilIi

I'll be the first guy to admit I LOVED the pickup, but it feel short to say the least.  Shyt happens... whatever.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Just another example of BB's shortcomings as a GM. Where's Rusty to defend this acquisition? LOL.
    Posted by BabeParilIi

Hey there, stop it now!

I'm a BB nuthugger but will be first to admit he has made some mistakes.  But he isn't alone here, shouldn't we be pointing fingers at others to..

For instance.. What does Nick Caserio do?  Doesn't he have some input on these matters and what does stuff like this say about him? What more I would like to question about Nick is did he have any say on not offering WW a longer deal then 2 years? He was a receivers coach for crying out loud, can he not see what WW brings to this team.  Man, maybe this guy needs to be under the microscope a bit and held accountable for some of these short sightings.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

Hey there, stop it now! I'm a BB nuthugger but will be first to admit he has made some mistakes.  But he isn't alone here, shouldn't we be pointing fingers at others to.. For instance.. What does Nick Caserio do?  Doesn't he have some input on these matters and what does stuff like this say about him? What more I would like to question about Nick is did he have any say on not offering WW a longer deal then 2 years? He was a receivers coach for crying out loud, can he not see what WW brings to this team.  Man, maybe this guy needs to be under the microscope a bit and held accountable for some of these short sightings.
    Posted by TFB12

Good Question TFB......and that's a problem......What does Nick Casiero do? And why don't we hear from him at all except once or twice a year when all we get is the company line?

When Romeo and Charlie and even Pioli were here - there were other voices that had the courage to challenge BB. You saw the football life video where BB is in a meeting and the coaches are just sitting there like sheep....seemed afraid to say anything ........Love BB as a coach....smartest coach in the league but I would like to see him bring a personnel guy with some backbone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

The nutjobs are out in full force defending their beloved, inscrutable BB.
    Posted by BabeParilIi

I feel the same way about the Jeff Otah trade. They gave up a 7th; low risk for a possible upgrade at RT. If it doesn't work cut your losses and move on. Did Haynesworth set the Pats back at all? No...no harm, no foul.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Albert Haynesworth’s former coach: “I think he’s finished” : I'll be the first guy to admit I LOVED the pickup, but it feel short to say the least.  Shyt happens... whatever.
    Posted by Getzo

Keep in mind..  a player like Albert "sold" himself to the Pats to get the contract he did then simply chose not to perform.  He had no incentive other than "thinking" he could still play, but, he already had the money, what was his motivation to perform like he did BEFORE he got paid?  Absolutely Nothing!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Waste of talent for sure.....but I'm not at all upset that we took a chance on the lard-filled load. If it worked out, everyone here would have applauded the pick-up. It didn't cost us $hit to try.....oh well....no harm no foul. After floundering here, I'm surprised anyone would take a shot at the lazy b-a-s-tard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

This is why BB likes to bring in guys who are football players.  Guys like Brady, Vrabel, Bruschi, and even the Dane Fletchers and Donta Hightowers of more recent years.  Guys who would play for free and give their all from the day they step on the field, regardless of what they are making or how much PT they are getting.  It's why there are so many college team captains on the squad and why a guy like Tebow is someone who Belichik respects even if he is not a great QB.

I think Fat Albert was a risk worth taking to see if the lure of a championship and the pride of the Patriots veterans was enough to reignite his own pride and love of the game.  Unfortunately he didnt have any left (or ever did) but it was still worth the gamble IMHO. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I was pretty stoked when the Patriots gambled on him. It just didn't pan out - but is that BBs fault or Haynesworth's fault?  What did the Patriots actually lose out of the deal aside from a roster spot?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

In Response to Re: Albert Haynesworth’s former coach: “I think he’s finished” : I'll be the first guy to admit I LOVED the pickup, but it feel short to say the least.  Shyt happens... whatever.
    Posted by Getzo

I agree. I thought BB would get the most out of him if anyone could. I knew there could be risk but I was happy at first with the move

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

I was pretty stoked when the Patriots gambled on him. It just didn't pan out - but is that BBs fault or Haynesworth's fault?  What did the Patriots actually lose out of the deal aside from a roster spot?
    Posted by anonymis

I think a 5th round pick or was that Ocho?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

“I think he’s finished. His back’s degenerative.”

If what he says is true, wouldn't this indicate he's incapable of doing it?
    A degenerative back (probably many discs) would certainly be cause.
    Can't kill the guy for that, just put him out to pasture.
    Probably where a certain X-Colt is heading too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: Albert Haynesworth’s former coach: “I think he’s finished” : I would agree that BB has made some mistakes in FA. In this instance it really was a matter of MAYBE they could get something out of him that the skins weren't able to. I know this sounds cliche but it was a low risk high reward move that didn't pan out. In my opinion the way it turned out it really didn't have any effect on the team. Ocho had more of a profound effect on the team in my opinion. Tied up cap space and took up a roster spot. 
    Posted by jri37

+1  I hope BB makes this move everytime. Thats what a smart GM does.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

No one complained about Randy. It was the same thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

I think teams are finished with Haynesworth, Period!. When Coach BB gives up on you, other teams are taking notice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Posted by jerh5

No see, Moss blew up the world here in 2007...So 100% of ALL NE Fans supported that trade from the start. 

Kudos here to those of the Getzos, Anonimis's, jehr's, etc (can't see the names right now).  I too, was 100% for this Haynesworth trade...  And that's the difference, One can be 100% for this trade and it's low risk-high reward for a Pats payout, and still not be 100% "Everything Albert Haynesworth." 

This was a good gamble.  Not every single gamble comes up with a Win.  And I'm in TOTAL agreement with the poster who commended the Jets/Otah trade.  Hate the jets...but call it accurately- That's an excellent "Extremely low risk/Potential for High Reward" Trade for them as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Posted by jerh5

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Wow you guys are football geniuses, if every decision could be made in hindsight you'd have quite the career in the NFL.

The guy was the best defensive tackle in the league at one point, he could have gone anywhere for the vet minimum, he chose to come here, any and every coach or GM in the NFL outside of Washington would have taken a flyer on him.
    NE gave up next to nothing.

I swear, are you the same people bemoaning Matt Roark not making the team and being a waste of resources... brilliant.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

I think.. im trying to remember here.. did we trade for haynesworth, and then make it to the superbowl in the same year?

someone said something about a bad gm?

Sections
Shortcuts