Aldon Smith Involved in 2012 Gun Incident

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Aldon Smith Involved in 2012 Gun Incident

Wow!  Crazy, Crazy Sh*t! If this is true. The NFL is outta control!

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

I find it interesting how high profile this guy is and how low profile this story is with the media.

Will Rogie Goodell intervene and interview Aldon Smith? Will ESPN have a column about this on their website or do they like Trent Balke, so a story about this won''t be covered by ESPN?

Was it self defense or was it close to a Jason Williams in-home party murder?

Lots of questions surrounding this story that seemingly is being attempted to be buried.

When has Goodel sat down with Hernandez? cuz thats where u are going with this right? Who was murdered? Why do you care about someones flesh wound. I admit this is pretty wild behavior. I assume police showed up and did their job. I dont need to be privey to every athletes home activity. I dont get what you want to happen here. I havent heard of the story but I dont look for them. Obviously YOU did. You found someone else in the NFL who owns a gun and is nucklehead. Congrats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

What is with these idiots and the fascination with carrying guns!?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Dude everything i googled sais the story just broke last night, can u give the guys a chance to read their morning paper....lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

There's a law against DUI. Isn't there a law against handling a gun while UI of alcohol or other substance?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Plax Burress situation. Wonder if the DA goes after Smith as they did with Plax. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Goes to show stupidity is a league wide problem.

And why the player contracts are not bullet proof for this type of action by a player I do not understand why a  morals clause of some sort is not mandatory

Aside form that, there has to be a better way to protect these players from themselves so that they have something when they leave the league.

The rookie symposium is great, but the messages don't get thru.

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Its not just thugs that carry guns. These guns were at home where I prefer them, but just bad behavior and drinking dont mix but to say carrying a gun is a coward move, I would agree but ask america about that. Most people now feel the need to carry guns and will never need it, but will most likely shoot someone for no reason. Athletes can blame rap music and their surroundings. Why does the average american living well in a nice place feel the need to carry tho' . I have my sh*t at home for intruders. I never felt the need to carry around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrecksryan. Show wrecksryan's posts

The NFL has a huge problem with guns, moron players with guns, moron players drinking then playing with guns, moron players bringing guns with them wherever they go, drinking and being even bigger morons...not all of these guys are Rhodes Scholars to begin with, most have lead very sheltered and/or twisted lives growing up and hang with questionable characters, not to mention they are largely undereducated, hyper capitalized db's with too much downtime on their hands...

That about covers it....

You can't fix stupid....money, youth, guns and stupid is a bad combo...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Dude everything i googled sais the story just broke last night, can u give the guys a chance to read their morning paper....lol

Not true. Cowherd mentioned it on his show yesterday morning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrecksryan. Show wrecksryan's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Not true. Cowherd mentioned it on his show yesterday morning.

Agreed...it's been around for 2 days, mentioned at length in Pro Football Talk, for what little that is worth

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Its not just thugs that carry guns. These guns were at home where I prefer them, but just bad behavior and drinking dont mix but to say carrying a gun is a coward move, I would agree but ask america about that. Most people now feel the need to carry guns and will never need it, but will most likely shoot someone for no reason. Athletes can blame rap music and their surroundings. Why does the average american living well in a nice place feel the need to carry tho' . I have my sh*t at home for intruders. I never felt the need to carry around.

I keep a Glock 19 in the center console of my truck down here in South Florida.  It's a bad place.  You never know when you're going to be approached or have your life threatened. 

I was at the movies a few nights ago with my girl.  We had gone to the late show, so it was about 12:30am when we were getting out.  The parking lot was all but empty minus two guys arguing in the next lot section.  As I unlocked the car, the talking became arguing.  I turned and saw one guy slug the other and then the other guy ran to his car.  "Get in quickly" I told the girl.  As the guy is speeding away in the parking lot, the other guy yells over to me.  "Hey, what are you looking at?  Come here."

F THAT.

Luckily I was far enough away that I had time to get in the car, slam it in reverse then drive and get out of there.  Had he been closer, I wouldn't have had time, and instead would have just grabbed my gun.

My point?  Even in normal situations where everything seems fine, bad things can happen.  There is no reason not to be prepared for the worst.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Stop and Frisk in NYC works mostly because it kept the guns home by the bad guys.

If there weren't so many bad guys or so many nut jobs people wouldn't want to carry

Then we let the bad guys and real nut jobs know where they are free to do waht they want.

Once again - no silver bullet solution.

I never want a gun, but I reserve my right to have one for self and family defense. 

Then Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I keep a Glock 19 in the center console of my truck down here in South Florida.  It's a bad place.  You never know when you're going to be approached or have your life threatened. 

I was at the movies a few nights ago with my girl.  We had gone to the late show, so it was about 12:30am when we were getting out.  The parking lot was all but empty minus two guys arguing in the next lot section.  As I unlocked the car, the talking became arguing.  I turned and saw one guy slug the other and then the other guy ran to his car.  "Get in quickly" I told the girl.  As the guy is speeding away in the parking lot, the other guy yells over to me.  "Hey, what are you looking at?  Come here."

F THAT.

Luckily I was far enough away that I had time to get in the car, slam it in reverse then drive and get out of there.  Had he been closer, I wouldn't have had time, and instead would have just grabbed my gun.

My point?  Even in normal situations where everything seems fine, bad things can happen.  There is no reason not to be prepared for the worst.

well you live in florida. Nuff said. I  would HAVE to carry a gun if I lived there after what ive seen the last the few years down there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

well you live in florida. Nuff said. I  would HAVE to carry a gun if I lived there after what ive seen the last the few years down there.

There are a ton of good, nice places, but even there the bad seeds exist.  This was at a movie theater in Boca Raton.  It wasn't like we were in Ft. Lauderdale or Tamarac.  I was happy to have enough time to jet, but if not, I was still protected.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

How does the saying go? You can take the gangbanger out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the gangbanger! These sh!theads are are all out of control!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrecksryan. Show wrecksryan's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:

How does the saying go? You can take the gangbanger out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the gangbanger! These sh!theads are are all out of control!

For some here it seems this saying might be apt...

"Don't get into your own head and stay there too long...it's like being in a bad neighborhood by yourself"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Plax Burress situation. Wonder if the DA goes after Smith as they did with Plax. 

Did he not shoot himself on the foot? It's an entirely different thing if Smith shot someone else.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to wrecksryan's comment:

The NFL has a huge problem with guns, moron players with guns, moron players drinking then playing with guns, moron players bringing guns with them wherever they go, drinking and being even bigger morons...not all of these guys are Rhodes Scholars to begin with, most have lead very sheltered and/or twisted lives growing up and hang with questionable characters, not to mention they are largely undereducated, hyper capitalized db's with too much downtime on their hands...

That about covers it....

You can't fix stupid....money, youth, guns and stupid is a bad combo...

Very accurate description fo what is happening

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to seawolfxs's comment:

Stop and Frisk in NYC works mostly because it kept the guns home by the bad guys.

If there weren't so many bad guys or so many nut jobs people wouldn't want to carry

Then we let the bad guys and real nut jobs know where they are free to do waht they want.

I never want a gun, but I reserve my right to have one for self and family defense. 

You think stop and frisk works?  Patting down over 1000 teenagers a day and finding guns on less than 1% of them. Stop and Frisk is nothing more than a racially charged profilinf agenda designed to lock up youths and give them records and keep them in the system. There was a kid that videotaped some ny cops harrasing him telling them they would punch him, calling him names, racial slurs,etc. Im all for keeping guns off the street but thats NOT the answer. Why are guns always funneled thru the hood? Why/How after all this gun debate and stricter laws etc., can a no name rapper be caught on instagram showing guns and get caugh up with over 250 guns ready to hit the street,. From semi auto's to tech 9s to AK's??? Someone answer that. I already know.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You think stop and frisk works?  Patting down over 1000 teenagers a day and finding guns on less than 1% of them. Stop and Frisk is nothing more than a racially charged profilinf agenda designed to lock up youths and give them records and keep them in the system. There was a kid that videotaped some ny cops harrasing him telling them they would punch him, calling him names, racial slurs,etc. Im all for keeping guns off the street but thats NOT the answer. Why are guns always funneled thru the hood? Why/How after all this gun debate and stricter laws etc., can a no name rapper be caught on instagram showing guns and get caugh up with over 250 guns ready to hit the street,. From semi auto's to tech 9s to AK's??? Someone answer that. I already know.

What would be the benefit to locking up kids, to giving them records and/or to keeping them in the system?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Quick, let's get rid of Kembrell Thompkins BEFORE something bad happens. LOL!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Why in the world would an NFL player be stupid enough to throw a party in his house and charge $10.00 for admission and $5.00 for a drink?Is he REALLY that hard up for money?

It seems like it wouldn't be worth the aggravation and/or nonsense for a little chump change.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrecksryan. Show wrecksryan's posts

In response to seawolfxs's comment:

Stop and Frisk, the way it is being done in NYC, is a purely political deal...it's being done primarily to keep "VIOLENT" crime down in certain areas (largely recent gentrified areas once thought to be bad neighborhoods) to mollify big financial businesses whose employees increasingly cannot find affordable places to live in Manhattan, so turn to gentrifying other cheaper parts of NYC, even though few of us on these boards could easily afford to live in THOSE neighborhoods either.....it's definitely directed at minorities...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrecksryan. Show wrecksryan's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Why in the world would an NFL player be stupid enough to throw a party in his house and charge $10.00 for admission and $5.00 for a drink?Is he REALLY that hard up for money?

It seems like it wouldn't be worth the aggravation and/or nonsense for a little chump change.

You can't cure stupid...

Sections
Shortcuts