Alfonzo Dennard injured

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Alfonzo Dennard injured

First injury of Patriots camp: seventh-round CB Alfonzo Dennard left with a right hamstring injury and did not return.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Alfonzo Dennard injured

hopefully its not too serious.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I hope its not serious as well. The guy can really help as a slot corner.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Alfonzo Dennard injured:
    [QUOTE]Greg A. Bedard   ‏ @ GregABedard First injury of Patriots camp: seventh-round CB Alfonzo Dennard left with a right hamstring injury and did not return. Expand   Reply     Retweet     Favorite
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Tough break for both Dennard and the Pats. Hamstring injuries tend to take a long time to heal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard injured:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Alfonzo Dennard injured :      Tough break for both Dennard and the Pats. Hamstring injuries tend to take a long time to heal.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Indeed they do and that is a tough break.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard injured : Indeed they do and that is a tough break.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

May be seeing enough from the rest of the DB's, they are preparing to stash him on PUP or IR???????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Reality begins to set in . . .Undecided

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Let's roll out the BB is a bad GM threads. Rkarp was right, we did nothing in the offseason and also we suk. Denard will never play again, he probably tripped over Ras I's severed leg on the 42 yard line. Defense will be the worst in history etc....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]Let's roll out the BB is a bad GM threads. Rkarp was right, we did nothing in the offseason and also we suk. Denard will never play again, he probably tripped over Ras I's severed leg on the 42 yard line. Defense will be the worst in history etc....
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

And Dec. 21 2012 is just around the corner!!!!!!!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

If its not to severe he will be okay. He's young and will heal fast. Dennard doesn't have much of an injury history. I say he's back out there in a week.

The defense is going to be very good this year, like they usually do, they will improve as the season progresses.

Go Patriots!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

OMG it's the end of the world, close down the razor!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Alfonzo Dennard injured :      Tough break for both Dennard and the Pats. Hamstring injuries tend to take a long time to heal.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

totally depends. a hamstring issue can be anything from needing some work on the hamstring and some stretching for a few days to several months recovery  if it's on the the end of the spectrum. mid range 2 to 5 or 6 weeks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

XXX im guessing you have experience in the Finger department ;)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Bummer

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

it's so early in the summer unless it's a major tear he should be fine in a couple of weeks. Plenty of time 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard injured : It would have been felt better faster if you stuck a finger in your as*hole.
    Posted by xxxcrwn[/QUOTE]

If anything, it should at least momentarilly (3 or 4 seconds) take his mind of his hamstring injury...

RE: Dennard being hurt-

I don't want any Pats Player getting injured (obviously)...BUT in this circumstance, IF it had to happen to Anyone in 2012, and IF it "had to" happen at ANY position in 2012...I know this sounds strange- But it couldn't have happened to a better candidate than Alfonzo Dennard.

NE's CB grouping is SO thick this year- Alfonzo Dennard, Kyle Arrington, Sterling Moore, Devin McCourty, Ras I Dowling, Marquice Cole (CB/Safety), Malcolm Williams, and finally Will Allen (Safety/CB).

Out of any Roster spot to unfortunately lose a guy, ya couldn't have picked a better one in 2012.

Same with dennard...  He had this same nagging hamstring injuring affecting him late in his Senior Year in College this past season...  Add in his legal issues and December or January Court Date + The potential for said injury to develop into something which could be keeping him on and off IRs and such for years, IF NE happened to play him real heavy during his rook year when he still has this nagging injury + The greater chance that we'd have to trim some of the decent CBs that it took a little less than a Century to shore up that position in depth, come final cut-down day (e.g. In favor by sheer simplicities of numbers elsewhere, keeping a lesser talent somewhere else, and releasing a greater talent at the CB spot just for positional numbers sake)...  

This is good.  As "good" as this sort of news can be, I suppose.  Dennard can clear up his off-field stuff, heal himself as fully as possible, and focus purely on learning the In's and Out's of NE's D & Secondary schemes, while also getting some added Secondary CB Pro Football fundamentals under his belt, as opposed to simply being thrown to the wolves out on the field (which, given the contingencies, could be disastrous in a number of long-term ways in Dennard's present situation).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Alphonzo Dennard will be OK. He would have to really excel to beat out Will Allen and Moore for the Slot DB. One guy here said that This D will be the worst in the league,ok I don't mind watching them win 45-30 all season long! See just because the D might be a little less spectacular then the rest of the league the Offense will be the number one offense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Is he our ras i dowling this year? Hope not...