Alfonzo Dennard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Alfonzo Dennard

As for my accident I was on my way to my girlfriends sober at 2am, left my car in the ditch by the wall after the run in with the deer, had her pick me up, the car was harmless alongside an endless stretch woods with a house maybe 200 yards away, put a note under the windshield that said 'swerved away from a deer, car stuck, calling a tow truck in the morning' and was harassed and forced to spend a ton of $ on a lawyer.

The judge said that charge was a joke, admonished the officer who wrote it up for wasting peoples time, and had me put the few stones that shifted back together to appease everyone, the property owner was also woken up by the cop and asked if he wanted to press charges. He said it wasn't a big deal at all and who cares.

so yeah, bored cop, called to the car by someone who drove by, couldn't just let things alone after reading my note and had nothing better to do but make a big deal out of nothing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

so yup, you are wrong, and clearly have some mental issues to get all fired up about someone else's business when they simply stated situations that CORRECTLY prove a point about officers that take things too far and make unjust arrests. 

Nobody enjoys the people who throw their military service in your face as if they are better than you for it. Way to go, great job, we're all so proud of you... now keep it to yourself.

I was 'deployed' to help with Katrina, but luckily never had to go overseas. But I feel pretty proud of my service to our country in my 2 months in New Orleans.

Again, get over yourself and even if you can't admit it, is is FACT that MANY times officers get carried away and do things to people like me, and WAY more often people like Dennard/Jenkins, that are wrong and unfairly change public perceptions of those people.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard:
    In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : +1 .... integrity in society, law, and war is at a minority. i especially hate when people say that most cops are good. no, they aren't because you will almost never see cops stand up for "good" and speak against another officer, or BS laws. they are taught to be robots. don't ask questions, just enforce the law. they are taught that everyone not in a uniform is a suspect and everyone in a uniform can do no wrong. not to mention that most cops today are unqualified and don't even understand most of the laws that they are enforcing.
    Posted by ricky12684

truth

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : haha what a loser you sound like cops intimidate and do wrong by innocent people all the time, make situations worse.... thats the facts of life. If I'm 'spoiled' b/c I think there are better things to waste your time on than some kids with open beer containers on a lawn or who smoke a lil weed, then so be it. I respect them  greatly when they deserve it my situations were all white on white too... Never even got into the terrible racial injustices and confrontations caused purely b/c a person is black... like Dennard obviously is... such sad racist arrests happen all the time and are a blackeye on law enforcement. the way you childish insult others just b/c they feel differently than you and back it up with the truth/facts is pathetic, you clearly have no idea how to have a polite disagreement and are way to into yourself, your 'accomplishments' and insulting and demeaning others who may not think like you and have life experiences to back it up get a life and grow up later bro
    Posted by rameakap

SO let me guess.. YOU are one of those who believes that everyone should protect your lilly white behind.... but the monet they catch you in a felon yand charge you they are WRONG..... Laws are what a society is ruled by.... break them and be punished for it ( if caught).  As I have said before I do not agree with them all.... but regardless of whether I agree with them or not they are the law..... Why don't you go sit in a corner and suck your thumb some more... RAMEAKAP!

SO what do you intend to do for a living "Bro" though we are not related in any way.  Are you going to ever earn your own way in life?  I bet you are going to school ( or recently have) and believe that all other Americans owe you that education for free.   Because what YOU will give this country is worth so much more than those POLICE OFFICERS you like to disrespect give to this country... GOT IT!   ENTITLED SPOLIED BRAT!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

so many times they instigate situations, go on power trips, demean and humiliate a person and puff up the charges during the arrest to make it look worse than the actual situation was

Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    ============================================================
    +1

My experience is the police are mostly corrput bully punks on the public dole. Interesting how so many peope look the other way or accept their victimization of people, maybe because they mosly target people 'different' than you?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

As for my accident I was on my way to my girlfriends sober at 2am, left my car in the ditch by the wall after the run in with the deer, had her pick me up, the car was harmless alongside an endless stretch woods with a house maybe 200 yards away, put a note under the windshield that said 'swerved away from a deer, car stuck, calling a tow truck in the morning' and was harassed and forced to spend a ton of $ on a lawyer. The judge said that charge was a joke, admonished the officer who wrote it up for wasting peoples time, and had me put the few stones that shifted back together to appease everyone, the property owner was also woken up by the cop and asked if he wanted to press charges. He said it wasn't a big deal at all and who cares. so yeah, bored cop, called to the car by someone who drove by, couldn't just let things alone after reading my note and had nothing better to do but make a big deal out of nothing
    Posted by rameakap

So in this case you wanted this COP to be the Officer, the Judge and the executioner of the sentence....   YOu wante4d him to believe the random writings of someone who had just crashed their vehicle and chose not to call 911 and report the accident and property damage to the authorities....
    However in other cases you do not even want them to follow the law (to a T as they did with you) but rather just decide to walk away from an infraction and ignore it...... I GOT YOU BIG GUY.....   SO what if they walked up and you and I were arguing... should they stop that to prevent fiticuffs?.   What if you had just sung at me as they pulled up?  Should they stop me from swinging back or let me as you had already tried to hurt me?   Where do you desire that their right to ignore the law end? 
    How did they know that you were sober and too ignorant to report the accident you had when it occurred by calling 911?  Why would they expect anyone to leave their car in a ditch?  It isn't like NO DRUNK has ever tried making stories up before is it?   When I asked if you had anything to drink the night of the accident you chose to say "I WAS SOBER".   That does not answer the question you were asked, and this is most likely what you did to the cops that morning which is why they continued asking questions.... and you felt intimidated.

BTW:  I never said there were no bad cops..... I said that YOU disrespect them and expect them to give up their lives for yours, but you don;t let them make the decision to protect their own lieves.

On the statement about the Judge thinking it was silly.....  THAT IS HIS JOB....  HE is supposed to judge what he saw in the evidence.... and make the decision of guilt or innocence....  THAT IS NOT THE OFFICER's JOB!   Maybe the Judge just has a boy your age too... MAYBE he knows your mommy and daddy.... Maybe he just does not like that particular officer.... but everytime you tell me more it shows me that you need a simple CIVICS 101 class....    They all did their jobs..... IT is good that the owner of the wall had no problems with the few stones you overturned..... Was that the Police's job to determine for them also?  

YOU had an accident chose not to report it and leave the scene.... PERIOD.... that is hit and run with property damage- the exact thing that the officer accussed you of.... COULD HE HAVE LET IT GO?   YES he could! But he held you to the letter o0f the law and allowed the judicical system decide the outcome....  

The WHole thing doesn't happen if you are not driving at 2:00 AM ( Bar closing) and swerve off the road to avoid an animal.... then NOT REPORT IT.   OF course since you BELIEVE that police do not belong involved in your life when you do not want them to be.... well that explains why you covered up the drinks you had ( oops accident) until the next morning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : SO let me guess.. YOU are one of those who believes that everyone should protect your lilly white behind.... but the monet they catch you in a felon yand charge you they are WRONG..... Laws are what a society is ruled by.... break them and be punished for it ( if caught).  As I have said before I do not agree with them all.... but regardless of whether I agree with them or not they are the law..... Why don't you go sit in a corner and suck your thumb some more... RAMEAKAP! SO what do you intend to do for a living "Bro" though we are not related in any way.  Are you going to ever earn your own way in life?  I bet you are going to school ( or recently have) and believe that all other Americans owe you that education for free.   Because what YOU will give this country is worth so much more than those POLICE OFFICERS you like to disrespect give to this country... GOT IT!   ENTITLED SPOLIED BRAT!
    Posted by FenwayChuck

I married the girl I was driving to the night I got stuck in a ditch, she was going to school out of state at the time and I was leaving work and sober, but thanks again for your foolish lies and assumptions. 

I have been teaching 5th grade Sci/SS for 4 years now

My stint in the guard included helping during Katrina for 2 months in '05

A judge excused my felony charge and made it clear the officer was wrong. The charge itself was wrong, 1700's farm stonewalls on the side of New England roads do not fit the description of the felony property damage I was written up for. But again, thanks for your pathetic assumptions.

All the other college campus situations I referenced took place 8-12 years ago, and again, the officers were wrong (they were of course not felonies), caring more about 'catching an underage kid drinking or for possession' over the health and safety of basically teengers growing up and experienceing life is pathetic. Not all officers are like this, but many are.

Your comments above are racist (lily white?) and take anything I said out of context. I said racial profiling is a sad fact and players like Dennard/Jenkins are often the victims of it. I said even though police officers treated me and others around me unfairly MANY times, LUCKILY race was never a factor as it is so often for athletes targeted b/c they are black. TRUE FACT.

A person who hits a woman or a child is a loser. 

A person who is involved in drunken bar alteractions with cops or other college aged kids or smokes weed is just being 18-23 years old, and its not as big deal as narrow-minded individuals with a desire to judge others and rant from a soap box like yourself make it out to be. MANY times the officer is more at fault than the person arrested. If you are an NFL veteran or a 30 year old teacher like me and are out doing these things at night then its a different story.

you're wrong, but thanks for playing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : so many times they instigate situations, go on power trips, demean and humiliate a person and puff up the charges during the arrest to make it look worse than the actual situation was Posted by rameakap
    ============================================================ +1 My experience is the police are mostly corrput bully punks on the public dole. Interesting how so many peope look the other way or accept their victimization of people, maybe because they mosly target people 'different' than you?            
    Posted by expertmike

Really so your expert opinion is that MOST of them are on the Dole?  HMM and they are Mostly corrupt?  Well why don;t we all vote and see if we can get rid of them- then I can just shooot people who do me wrong.....   I like the idea...  Afterall I am tired of paying for corruption that is for sure.   I handle a weapon with the best of them.... See if you can find a way to eliminate these leeches on my money will you?   I like the idea of killing someone who did me wrong much better.,...  I'd love to just kick the backside of someone like Ramekap if he ran into my yard in the middle of the night..... PLEASE.. eliminate the officers and the laws that they uphold..... 

NOW as far as the bad ones.... I think there are about 20% of them that are corrupt...... I agree there are some... Just like there are a ton of useless trash in the teaching profession, and anything else where a paycheck is guaranteed regardless of what you do to earn it.   When you allow people to have their needs taken care of without personal responsibility this is what you get.

IF we are a society with laws then there must be someone to ensure those laws are met.  I KNOW that those of you who flaunt the law openly hate it when you are held to task.... but darn it happens.

So you think that a cop goes to (lets say a domestic dispute) and cares about the differences those people may have with him physically?  REALLY?  I'd have accepted this argument that they do not treat others fairly if you told me it is because some people steal their donuts.

OF COURSE it always easier for those who are protected from harm to sit on the otuside and condemn those who protect them now, is it not?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : I married the girl I was driving to the night I crashed, she was going to school out of state at the time and I was leaving work and sober, but thanks again for your foolish lies and assumptions.  I have been teaching 5th grade Sci/SS for 4 years now My stint in the guard included helping during Katrina for 2 months in '05 A judge excused my felony charge and made it clear the officer was wrong .  All the other college campus situations I referenced took place 8-12 years ago, and again, the officers were wrong (they were of course not felonies), caring more about 'catching an underage kid drinking or for possession' over the health and safety of basically teengers growing up and experienceing life is pathetic. Not all officers are like this, but many are. Your comments above are racist (lily white?) and take anything I said out of context. I said racial profiling is a sad fact and players like Dennard/Jenkins are often the victims of it. I said even though police officers treated me and others around me unfairly MANY times, LUCKILY race was never a factor as it is so often for athletes targeted b/c they are black. TRUE FACT. A person who hits a woman or a child is a loser.  A person who is involved in drunken bar alteractions with cops or other college aged kids or smokes weed is just being 18-23 years old, and its not as big deal as narrow-minded individuals with a desire to judge others and rant from a soap box like yourself make it out to be an many times the officer is more at fault than the person arrested. If you are an NFL veteran or a 30 year old teacher like me and are out doing this things at night then its a different story. thanks for playing
    Posted by rameakap

YOU ARE A WINNER.....

YOU drove off the road and damaged someone else's property......  IT WAS NOT THE COPS PLACE TO LET IT GO...... The judge had a right to tell a cop that he felt he overreached- IT IS THE JUDGE's JOB TO DO THAT!

YOu keep using the term that you were SOBER.... had you had anything alcoholic to drink?  How was the officer supposed to know that when he spoke with you the next morning?   YOU SEE RAMEKAP.... it is the officer's job to investigate and give evidence to the judicial system- NOT TO MAKE THE DECISION.   People who drink ( not that I am saying you did)... People who drink say one of two things when they are confronted after an accident.... 1) I was sober..... 2) I only had 2 beers.   YOU used one of those- so I am sure that they questioned further making you feel intimidated.   They followed up on a known problem.   RAMEAKAP.... what is the reasoning that you feel the officer went after you?   COME ON... You must have found some way to justify your accident in your mind, and then this man harrassing you.  WHAT reasoning do you have for him coming after you?   I mean you say it has nothing to do with the law.... he just came after sweet innocent you.... WHY?
    Because your story used cliches and didn't make sense.   WHY did you not call the cops when you had the accident? Why did you leave the scene abruptly?  Why do you use the words "I was sober" vs I had no alcohol?
    YOU had a hit and run (by the definition of the law) accident with property damage.... and you wanted him to let it go.  HE didn;t give you a break so now he is wrong.... but in reality he is NOT WRONG... and I doubt the judge used those words.....  I am sure he was told by the judge that there was not enough evidence for the judge to punish you... but I doubt he was told he was WRONG in charging you at all.  He may have been told that you should have been cited for something lesser....  but YOU Admit to driving off the road, damaging property, and then leaving the scene.... MAN!  Stuff happens it was an accident.... but I do not want my officers being Judge, Jury and Executioner....  and that is what you want "IF" they let you go!

There job is to protect everyone.... and to investigate strange occurrances....LIKE YOURS...

YOU whined about getting dragged into court.... TRY THIS ONE... SOmeone got caught wreckless driving back in 1982 they claimed to be me.....  I never knew it...  they had my full name, my address, etc.... and claimed to be me...   They were about 5'10-6'0 slight of build with blond hair.... None of my neighbors.... No one I knew personally fit that description....   When I did not show up  for court (because I did not know)- they issued a bench warrant for my arrest.  2 days later the cops showed up at my home, put me in cuffs and walked me down the two flights of stairs to their car.  The bail was $10,000 because obviously I would not come to court ( I was 21).  They figured I might flee...  Mom and Dad had to go to a bail bondsman and put the home up as collatteral.   We went to court 10 days later- Still not knowing the facts of the situation.  I showed up at Arraignment....  The Judge looked over to me... DO you have an attorney?  NO SIR!  Why not, this is a pretty deep problem SON.  I said "SIR I do not even know what you guys are talking about.  I know not when I supposedly got pulled over, I know not where, I know not anything about this".  He said "GUILTY OR NOT GUILTY?"  I said "I DON'T KNOW"  It pissed that circuit court magistrate off.   I said; "May I ask a question?" He let me ask and I said to the officer; AM I the person you saw that day? DO I meet your description?"   LOOK I WASN'T THERE....  I am 6'7" tall 240# and well I didn't have blonde hair.... I had very short hair.  He said NO...  I Still had to go to court. BTW; this was in Rancho Cordova, CA.

SO "I" really did nothing and got caught by the system.... YOU did something and they held you accountable...... WHEN WILL YOU STOP WHINING.....  YOU were wrong.... the officer could have given you a break... He did not....  that does not mean that ALL cops are heavy handed and that they should ignore any law that is broken while they are present. 

AGAIN IF we want to get all laws dropped I would love to CAP a few people in the name of making it a better world.  LOL   However we are a scoiety of laws... and we do not pick and choose those which are important to us personally.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from PMacPatFan. Show PMacPatFan's posts

Give it a rest FenwayChuck, well, actually both of you. This forum is not here for you to vent your own personal issues. Stick to Pats football. There is no room for this BS.

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : WOW, You are in the National Guard huh.....  I AM SO HONORED TO SPEAK WITH YOU...... NOT.... Give me a break..... get a life you little thumb sucker.... I was in the REAL MILITARY for 20+ years....  I honor those who actually serve beside me in the real theater... but not those of YOU that sit a college and judge others because YOU HAVE NOT BEEN THERE.... Those who joined the guard and actually got deployed are GODS in my mind. I hope that when the time comes that you were trained well.... because there WILL be decisions you are required to make that will require YOU to think, not look in some damned book and follow some damned scenario.  YOU have NO concept of what the real world is based on YOUR view of what YOU think happened.  YOU also have no idea who I am and what I have been through... so again I tell you GRAB A CORNER AND SUCK YOUR THUMB! You have no respect for the campus police(your words)..... who BTW are trying to uphold the campus or state LAWS (whether you like them or not)....  that is all I have to hear from you. YOU are such a spoiled little brat that YOU believe you have a right to judge someone else who is entering a building full of law breakers, as being WRONG for doing their job.  YES there are those that can be a little overboard, but for every handful of those like that, there are those who go home in a box ( because they were dumb enough not to perceive the threats around them). Wow you have seen cops antagonize kids who had too much to drink but did nothing wrong?   REALLY?... SO publicly displaying your DRUNKENESS or being rowdy is doing nothing wrong?  REALLY????  HAving a littl eMarijuana if the law says it is illegal is NOT wrong?  LOOK if it is a lwa they are supposed to enforce it- whether I agree with it or not. Please explain your accident....  DID YOU LEAVE THE CAR?.... OR did you stay with the car and were intoxicated in it when the cops came?  Because both of those are violations of the law.... I KNOW that you don't like the laws.... but lets ask; 1) You are driving- Drunk or not....  YOU swerve to avoid a deer (Very noble of you).... YOU run along the side of the road into a ditch and hitting a wall....  DAMAGING SOMEONE ELSE's PROPERTY DID YOU NOT?   In every state they have a value of (damage/ stealing) of anothers property that makes it a felony... it is based on how much you did.  LEAVING the scene of an accident where excessive property damage is done is a CRIME!  DUH!!!  SO now these mean cops picked on you?  REALLY?.... They woke you up and having seen the scene of your sccident figured you must have been toasted.....  HMMM?  SO they attempted to intimidate you into saying you were.... or your mind knew you had a few the night before and when they asked several questions about the accident you felt like they were intimidating? YOU WERE IN THE WRONG..... You are one of the people I mention with a lack of integrity and personal responsibility..... IT is their place to UPHOLD the law.... NOT to decide it doesn't need to be enforced....   IF you have a nice set of 8oo8's they are more lenient on you.... but oh well... what can I say....   IT is their place to CITE you for disobeying the law and allow the states attorney to decide whether there is enough evidence for the case to go to court.  THE states attorney are the ones who would have decided to charge you with evading, and escaping the scene of the damage.... they do the paperwork.   The COPS investigate and throw it at the COURTS hands and they prefer the correct charges.  In a lot of places the two co-mingle the jobs so that those of you as well educated as you can accuse them of improeperly treating you... LEAVING THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT IS A CRIME... IF THE VALUE OF DAMAGE IS HIGH ENOUGH /> /> /> IT IS A FELONY..... YOU WERE WRONG.. and won't accept the responsibility.... it is all their fault.... GO BACK IN YOUR CORNER AND SUCK YOUR THUMB.....
    Posted by FenwayChuck

• You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : I married the girl I was driving to the night I got stuck in a ditch, she was going to school out of state at the time and I was leaving work and sober, but thanks again for your foolish lies and assumptions.  I have been teaching 5th grade Sci/SS for 4 years now My stint in the guard included helping during Katrina for 2 months in '05 A judge excused my felony charge and made it clear the officer was wrong . The charge itself was wrong, 1700's farm stonewalls on the side of New England roads do not fit the description of the felony property damage I was written up for. But again, thanks for your pathetic assumptions. All the other college campus situations I referenced took place 8-12 years ago, and again, the officers were wrong (they were of course not felonies), caring more about 'catching an underage kid drinking or for possession' over the health and safety of basically teengers growing up and experienceing life is pathetic. Not all officers are like this, but many are. Your comments above are racist (lily white?) and take anything I said out of context. I said racial profiling is a sad fact and players like Dennard/Jenkins are often the victims of it. I said even though police officers treated me and others around me unfairly MANY times, LUCKILY race was never a factor as it is so often for athletes targeted b/c they are black. TRUE FACT. A person who hits a woman or a child is a loser.  A person who is involved in drunken bar alteractions with cops or other college aged kids or smokes weed is just being 18-23 years old, and its not as big deal as narrow-minded individuals with a desire to judge others and rant from a soap box like yourself make it out to be. MANY times the officer is more at fault than the person arrested. If you are an NFL veteran or a 30 year old teacher like me and are out doing these things at night then its a different story. you're wrong, but thanks for playing
    Posted by rameakap

AHH YES.. LAWS ARE FOR OTHERS.. COPS shouldn't harass me, and anytime anyone of color does something wrong the cop is only harassing him because he is a BIGGOT defense..... LOL

Lets discuss Tawna Brawley....... what ya say?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Give it a rest FenwayChuck, well, actually both of you. This forum is not here for you to vent your own personal issues. Stick to Pats football. There is no room for this BS. In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard :
    Posted by PMacPatFan

As much as I like to see a variety of opinions on this forum, I'm inclined to agree with the above, guys.  Could we keep it about football or at least football related issues?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

sure guys, 

I proved my points on cops, and my own situation(s), especially the one where the judge said the cop was WRONG and dropped all charges, yet Chuck seems to somehow want to contradict that decision from his keyboard. Someone has to talk Chuck off the ledge, he made quite the fool of himself today, haha.

As for Dennard, the orginal points being made on him were these:

1. He's a college kid, not an NFL veteran, so he's allowed to make mistakes involving bars and partying as everyone does growing up

2. He 'assualted' a police officer, not a woman, child or teammate

3. It is well known that cops are guilty of racial profiling and singling out African Americans for arrest or mistreatment, its an epidemic in this country

4. Even if the arrest had nothing to do with race, police officers, esp on-campus ones, are well known for making fairly harmless situations involving drinking/smoking or being at clubs/parties into big legal issues AND intentionally exacerbating said situation to try and get someone who is already drunk/confused/upset to 'assault' the officer with something as harmless as s shove, therefore making the arrest (and ensuing police brutality) all that easier for the bully

5. We should all refrain from having an opinion on the type of person/teammate/football player Alphonso Dennard will be based on his poorly timed arrest before the draft

Thanks

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Just to show that the talking head mock draft guru's on tv don't know as much as they want us too think they do, I can't remember if I was watching NFL network or ESPN but one of the guys (I think Maylock who I like better then Kiper) said great pick by NE when they drafted Alfonzo.  Then he said I'm not sure why he fell so far down in the draft, I will have to ask around and find out.  Couldn't believe he admitted that he didn't know.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

sure guys,  I proved my points on cops, and my own situation(s), especially the one where the judge said the cop was WRONG and dropped all charges, yet Chuck seems to somehow want to contradict that decision from his keyboard. Someone has to talk Chuck off the ledge, he made quite the fool of himself today, haha. As for Dennard, the orginal points being made on him were these: 1. He's a college kid, not an NFL veteran, so he's allowed to make mistakes involving bars and partying as everyone does growing up 2. He 'assualted' a police officer, not a woman, child or teammate 3. It is well known that cops are guilty of racial profiling and singling out African Americans for arrest or mistreatment, its an epidemic in this country 4. Even if the arrest had nothing to do with race , police officers, esp on-campus ones, are well known for making fairly harmless situations involving drinking/smoking or being at clubs/parties into big legal issues AND intentionally exacerbating said situation to try and get someone who is already drunk/confused/upset to 'assault' the officer with something as harmless as s shove, therefore making the arrest (and ensuing police brutality) all that easier for the bully 5. We should all refrain from having an opinion on the type of person/teammate/football player Alphonso Dennard will be based on his poorly timed arrest before the draft Thanks
    Posted by rameakap

hey rame, haevent read teh whoel thread yet.
    re " He 'assualted' a police officer, not a woman, child or teammate"
    all we know for sure si that he was charged with "assaulting" a police officer and what teh police "said"
    with you on the rest.

peace brother

• You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

punching a cop= assaulting a police officer= automatic jail time when convicted. i really dont see how you get out of that in any way, shape, or form. 

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard :  AHH YES.. LAWS ARE FOR OTHERS.. COPS shouldn't harass me, and anytime anyone of color does something wrong the cop is only harassing him because he is a BIGGOT defense..... LOL Lets discuss Tawna Brawley....... what ya say?
    Posted by FenwayChuck

"anytime anyone of color does something wrong the cop is only harassing him because he is a BIGGOT defense..... LOL"

the blindness of racism

as a matter of fact he is being charged with third degree assault on a police officer and resisting arrest. the report said it took 4 cops to take dennard into custody. hearing is monday in lincoln nebraska. 

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : I married the girl I was driving to the night I got stuck in a ditch, she was going to school out of state at the time and I was leaving work and sober, but thanks again for your foolish lies and assumptions.  I have been teaching 5th grade Sci/SS for 4 years now My stint in the guard included helping during Katrina for 2 months in '05 A judge excused my felony charge and made it clear the officer was wrong . The charge itself was wrong, 1700's farm stonewalls on the side of New England roads do not fit the description of the felony property damage I was written up for. But again, thanks for your pathetic assumptions. All the other college campus situations I referenced took place 8-12 years ago, and again, the officers were wrong (they were of course not felonies), caring more about 'catching an underage kid drinking or for possession' over the health and safety of basically teengers growing up and experienceing life is pathetic. Not all officers are like this, but many are. Your comments above are racist (lily white?) and take anything I said out of context. I said racial profiling is a sad fact and players like Dennard/Jenkins are often the victims of it. I said even though police officers treated me and others around me unfairly MANY times, LUCKILY race was never a factor as it is so often for athletes targeted b/c they are black. TRUE FACT. A person who hits a woman or a child is a loser.  A person who is involved in drunken bar alteractions with cops or other college aged kids or smokes weed is just being 18-23 years old, and its not as big deal as narrow-minded individuals with a desire to judge others and rant from a soap box like yourself make it out to be. MANY times the officer is more at fault than the person arrested. If you are an NFL veteran or a 30 year old teacher like me and are out doing these things at night then its a different story. you're wrong, but thanks for playing
    Posted by rameakap

the pernicious thing about racism, instituionalized racism and other oppressions,
    it is that it is the psychosis of the day in a culture, so all members of the culture will defend its norms without even knowing it (and are completely blind to it (even those who belong to an oppressed group will internalize the oppression against thehmselves becasue i is taught from birth to everyone ie doll studies with children, girls learning they have less value in society by 5, gils learning they should be emaciated to look attractive by 9, etc ,etc). as blind as a culture that is trained to only actually see a shade or color differently than it is (another anthropological finding).

see ricky shereover marcuse - "liberation theory" for on introduction.
    or read about or even better, take a workshop or class in "diversity training", womens's studies, and or african american studies.

efforts to elucidate and unlearn oppressions will only work with those actually curious about and interested in justice, fairness and undoing cultural harmful conditioning.

peace y'all

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : Come on, like we haven't all done this before.  GIve the kid a chance.  What a steal in the 7th.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOT

Well of course... except for the Tasering .. but then again I'm older and that technology wan't around.

give the kid a break.

Like Don Cherry said when Wayne Cashman was penalized for eye gouging.  " as long as the boys are having fun".

I guess that reference does make me old!

as a matter of fact he is being charged with third degree assault on a police officer and resisting arrest. the report said it took 4 cops to take dennard into custody. hearing is monday in lincoln nebraska. 
    Posted by isurfvb24

fully realize the charges are serious. he veywell may  have struck an officer.
    and it's also possible he was defending himself , ie it is possible he was getting assaulted by 1 or more officers. we will never know the truth unless someone prodduces a video of it.
       a couple months ago someone wwith a cell videotaped 2 arrested black youth. on a disorderly arrest. were sat down next to one another in cuffs.
    wehn officers went to move him one officer got all nervous drew his gun and shot him unprovoked. happens every day, only this was videotaped.

punching a cop= assaulting a police officer= automatic jail time when convicted. i really dont see how you get out of that in any way, shape, or form. 
    Posted by isurfvb24

ii posted about this yesterday. hope he pleads to a reduced charge ideally misdemeanor.
    assault on an officer yes could mean time.

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : fully realize the charges are serious. he veywell may  have struck an officer. and it's also possible he was defending himself , ie it is possible he was getting assaulted by 1 or more officers. we will never know the truth unless someone prodduces a video of it.    a couple months ago someone wwith a cell videotaped 2 arrested black youth. on a disorderly arrest. were sat down next to one another in cuffs. wehn officers went to move him one officer got all nervous drew his gun and shot him unprovoked. happens every day, only this was videotaped.
    Posted by bredbru

doubt it, he punched alshon jeffries during the cotton bowl and got kicked out of the game, i dont know the facts and i am not taking any sides but when you are charged with third degree assault (on a officer) and resisting arrest it sounds like he is going to get into some big trouble. hopefully for dennard this wakes him up and he screws his head on straight and stays in the clear from now on and his college talent translates to that on the field in a patriot uniform.

• Sections
    Shortcuts