Alfonzo Dennard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Alfonzo Dennard

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard:
    In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : so many times they instigate situations, go on power trips, demean and humiliate a person and puff up the charges during the arrest to make it look worse than the actual situation was Posted by rameakap
    ============================================================ +1 My experience is the police are mostly corrput bully punks on the public dole. Interesting how so many peope look the other way or accept their victimization of people, maybe because they mosly target people 'different' than you?            
    Posted by expertmike

your comnets are right on the mark.

until it is you ... or your family member.

the psychological profile of a person who becomes a police officer (ie some common psychological traits): are low self esteem, a need to exert power over others in order to feel better about themself and or more a sense of control in their own life, simplistic black and white morality thinking - morality development has not reached maturity ie only operates with the concepts of the "morality" of a society as opposed to more highly developed inner morality mechanism (could go on but lets leave it there).

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : doubt it, he punched alshon jeffries during the cotton bowl and got kicked out of the game, i dont know the facts and i am not taking any sides but when you are charged with third degree assault (on a officer) and resisting arrest it sounds like he is going to get into some big trouble. hopefully for dennard this wakes him up and he screws his head on straight and stays in the clear from now on and his college talent translates to that on the field in a patriot uniform.
    Posted by isurfvb24

for clarity what exactly are you doubting?

time to go to work. catch you later

• You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

http://www.1011now.com/home/headlines/Nebraska_Cornerback_Arrested_for_Assaulting_a_Police_Officer_148370755.html

stand up guy this alfonzo dennard.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I've actually volunteered to help with some side US Census Add-on work.  They've tasked me with attempting to find some base overall numbers in my neck of the woods on 45+ year White American Males making 50k or over a year who have no ideals minus judging their full-respect for others based on what Type of uniform you wear at work, your quality of automobile, and how to best rank your Overall Life's Sum of Capitalism the moment you inevitably cr0ak, in order to fully determine IF you've led a "Good, Successful, and Positive Life here on Earth,"....

I was hoping- See, Is it o.k. with Everyone If I just start my study right here with this thread?  They said to me, to try ta see IF I could get some sorta "generalized theme" with some seperate themes revolving around bigotry, being a pv##y, and having zero critical analysis skills based on how the real world works verses how Fox News tells you, the real world works...  I said as I was wipping away the laughing tears from my eyes "Hahaha, lol- Don't worry, no seperate side study is gonna be neccessary, whatsoever..."

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I guess you never were told --"Believe half what you see and nothing that you hear". BB said they did the research on the incident and were comftable with the pick-Maybe you know more than the Pats boss-possibly?In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard:
    In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : If you click the link and read the article, he was actually in a bar fight, which the cops where called to break up, he literally punched the cop, and it took 4 officers to subdue him.  He was also ejected from his last game for fighting. 
    Posted by Patsman3

Exactly my point-Cops always trump up the charges then it goes to court where they give you a plea deal and they get their money and community service out of you---it's the systems game!!!!  Lawyer friends have told me the prosecuters and defense lawyers hang out even have drinks and have some good laughs about the shat! This kid will be fine with Vince and Mayo etc guiding him along-and he did play 3 years at Nebraska with no other incidents-probably some racist drunk mouthing off at him and he went off on the jerk and then here come the posse-can't stand cops and really don't care what anyone on this board thinks about my dislike for these paid officials that get their jollies off on pushing people around and alot of the stuff is minor-thats why the constitution says the right to bear arms-I have many and don't need some picked on high school -turned cop protecting me.In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard:
    In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : yeah the cops always make the charges worse than they are. I swerved to hit a deer once and hit a stone wall, shifted some stones, got my car stuck in the ditch next to it, had a friend pick me up, figured I'd call a tow truck in the morning since it was 2am. I was awakended by the cops at my door, gave me a ticket for 'evasion' (which is a felony for property damage hit and run) apparently this 1700's farm stone wall was on someone's property in the middle of nowhere side of the woods and a few stones were out of place. $1,500 in lawyer fee's later I got a ticket for 'traveling too fast for the conditions' such B.S. hahaha anyhow thats my rant, hopefully Dennard is a good kid that made a dumb/drunk/college type mistake that so many of us do at that age
    Posted by rameakap

I've actually volunteered to help with some side US Census Add-on work.  They've tasked me with attempting to find some base overall numbers in my neck of the woods on 45+ year White American Males making 50k or over a year who have no ideals minus judging their full-respect for others based on what Type of uniform you wear at work, your quality of automobile, and how to best rank your Overall Life's Sum of Capitalism the moment you inevitably cr0ak, in order to fully determine IF you've led a "Good, Successful, and Positive Life here on Earth,".... I was hoping- See, Is it o.k. with Everyone If I just start my study right here with this thread?  They said to me, to try ta see IF I could get some sorta "generalized theme" with some seperate themes revolving around bigotry, being a pv##y, and having zero critical analysis skills based on how the real world works verses how Fox News tells you, the real world works...  I said as I was wipping away the laughing tears from my eyes "Hahaha, lol- Don't worry, no seperate side study is gonna be neccessary, whatsoever..."
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

point taken.
    humor or sarcasm or whatever it takes (short of attack). the point is getting across. hopefully also to those who may need it.

Sounds like your doing some judging also. BTW I was in the Marine Corps in the 70s and don't go around bragging about it--sounds to me you were a lifer working in administration. I agree with the poster your JUDGING!!! And who are you to tell someone to go suck their thumb in the corner-sounds like you'd make a great cop--arrogant-power hungry and egotistical and insecure----you come off as weak my friend. I wonder how many times you have told someone to their face to go suck their thumb in the corner--I thought so----those that talk don't do-just rambling fools-get some counseling.In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard:
    In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : WOW, You are in the National Guard huh.....  I AM SO HONORED TO SPEAK WITH YOU...... NOT.... Give me a break..... get a life you little thumb sucker.... I was in the REAL MILITARY for 20+ years....  I honor those who actually serve beside me in the real theater... but not those of YOU that sit a college and judge others because YOU HAVE NOT BEEN THERE.... Those who joined the guard and actually got deployed are GODS in my mind. I hope that when the time comes that you were trained well.... because there WILL be decisions you are required to make that will require YOU to think, not look in some damned book and follow some damned scenario.  YOU have NO concept of what the real world is based on YOUR view of what YOU think happened.  YOU also have no idea who I am and what I have been through... so again I tell you GRAB A CORNER AND SUCK YOUR THUMB! You have no respect for the campus police(your words)..... who BTW are trying to uphold the campus or state LAWS (whether you like them or not)....  that is all I have to hear from you. YOU are such a spoiled little brat that YOU believe you have a right to judge someone else who is entering a building full of law breakers, as being WRONG for doing their job.  YES there are those that can be a little overboard, but for every handful of those like that, there are those who go home in a box ( because they were dumb enough not to perceive the threats around them). Wow you have seen cops antagonize kids who had too much to drink but did nothing wrong?   REALLY?... SO publicly displaying your DRUNKENESS or being rowdy is doing nothing wrong?  REALLY????  HAving a littl eMarijuana if the law says it is illegal is NOT wrong?  LOOK if it is a lwa they are supposed to enforce it- whether I agree with it or not. Please explain your accident....  DID YOU LEAVE THE CAR?.... OR did you stay with the car and were intoxicated in it when the cops came?  Because both of those are violations of the law.... I KNOW that you don't like the laws.... but lets ask; 1) You are driving- Drunk or not....  YOU swerve to avoid a deer (Very noble of you).... YOU run along the side of the road into a ditch and hitting a wall....  DAMAGING SOMEONE ELSE's PROPERTY DID YOU NOT?   In every state they have a value of (damage/ stealing) of anothers property that makes it a felony... it is based on how much you did.  LEAVING the scene of an accident where excessive property damage is done is a CRIME!  DUH!!!  SO now these mean cops picked on you?  REALLY?.... They woke you up and having seen the scene of your sccident figured you must have been toasted.....  HMMM?  SO they attempted to intimidate you into saying you were.... or your mind knew you had a few the night before and when they asked several questions about the accident you felt like they were intimidating? YOU WERE IN THE WRONG..... You are one of the people I mention with a lack of integrity and personal responsibility..... IT is their place to UPHOLD the law.... NOT to decide it doesn't need to be enforced....   IF you have a nice set of 8oo8's they are more lenient on you.... but oh well... what can I say....   IT is their place to CITE you for disobeying the law and allow the states attorney to decide whether there is enough evidence for the case to go to court.  THE states attorney are the ones who would have decided to charge you with evading, and escaping the scene of the damage.... they do the paperwork.   The COPS investigate and throw it at the COURTS hands and they prefer the correct charges.  In a lot of places the two co-mingle the jobs so that those of you as well educated as you can accuse them of improeperly treating you... LEAVING THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT IS A CRIME... IF THE VALUE OF DAMAGE IS HIGH ENOUGH /> /> /> IT IS A FELONY..... YOU WERE WRONG.. and won't accept the responsibility.... it is all their fault.... GO BACK IN YOUR CORNER AND SUCK YOUR THUMB.....
    Posted by FenwayChuck

• You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Hope he stays in great football shape while in prison. Did the Pats take him on recommendation from Lawrence Phillips?
    Posted by nomadfan
    First and foremost he isn't going to prison. Secondly I'd like to hear his side of the story before judging him in any way.

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : First and foremost he isn't going to prison. Secondly I'd like to hear his side of the story before judging him in any way.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

sports worst case scenario, depending on the d.a. and judge he could go to jail.
    hopefull he gets a reduced cahrge, ideally to a msidemeanor otherwise with time or not he will get probation ie mess up and go to jail.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

BB called his agent and had him allegedly punch the cop so Dennard would drop in the draft to the Pats.  haha

I liked him as the Safety option in even late Rd 1 before the incident.  Great press guy, you can use him in the box on HBacks and he has some good range. 

This pick alone makes the Mel Kiper drama with Wilson seem meaningless.  Also, with regards to Wilson from Illinois, why do people care what Mel Kiper says or does?

Mayock and Lombardi were raving about BB's draft the other day.  In fact, many pundits are.

Anytime Kiper reaches for paperwork with the Pats, I not only laugh, I see it as a good sign.

GREAT pick of Dennard in Round 7. Even with the incident, I have no idea how he dropped to the 7th rd.

Overall, BB owned the 1st rd grabbed Bequette and got his projects late in the draft yet again. Sure smells like another good or great draft to me, his 3rd in a row.

The infusion to the weak spots on D appears to be complete. Hightower, Mayo and Spikes?  Oh my.   Might be the best MLB crew in the NFL.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

We'll see what charges actually stick and what don't.  I question the decision to be in a bar late at night before the draft more than I do some supposed punches being thrown at a bunch of cops.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffory. Show jeffory's posts

Dennard must keep himself out of bars and bad company. He has a tremendous opportunity and I hope that he does'nt blow it. He could be something special for himself and Patriot nation!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I trust Bill did his research on the character issue

Again, when you are in that 18-24 age range you do dumb things, you smoke, drink, get into some bar fights, etc. it is all part of growing up. A person's brain isn't even fully developed until age 24-25.

And of course we all know cops can be wrong, racist, intimidate, power hungry, etc. etc. I hardly think we should judge this incident as a reason to not want him on the team.

Punching Jeffrey in the bowl game and then this indicates he has a quick temper and will need to work on that. Being drafted by the Pats means its time to be responsible and time to be a man and not a kid.

I trust Bill did his research on the character issue Again, when you are in that 18-24 age range you do dumb things, you smoke, drink, get into some bar fights, etc. it is all part of growing up. A person's brain isn't even fully developed until age 24-25. And of course we all know cops can be wrong, racist, intimidate, power hungry, etc. etc. I hardly think we should judge this incident as a reason to not want him on the team. Punching Jeffrey in the bowl game and then this indicates he has a quick temper and will need to work on that. Being drafted by the Pats means its time to be responsible and time to be a man and not a kid.
    Posted by rameakap

best scenario is court ordered 8-12 weeks of anger mangement.

by the way.
    why the avatar change.
    i dont recognize you any more.
    glad you came back to teh thread
    tried to get a message to you.

peace

• You have chosen to ignore posts from paularnold. Show paularnold's posts

I can't say anything about the arrest because I don't have any insight on what actually happened.  I have very little problem with the fight in the bowl game.  I have seen very good receivers and CB's get into fights at the NFL level and get thrown out of games or at least get personal fouls (think Deion and Rison, A. Johnson and Finnegan).  All of these guys were very good players going up against one another and trying to get under each other's skin.  Dennard is a press man cover guy.  These things will happen.  If you actually watch the fight Dennard is hitting him up the sideline while the ball is in play and then Jeffery takes exception and grabs his facemask.  Dennard gets free and shoves him.  Jeffery then two hand shivers him in the facemask and then Dennard takes a swing.  Both ejected.  This play doesn't ring any character concerns for me inasmuch as it reflects two guys playing hard in an important game and letting emotions get the better of them.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

Who knows who was right and who was wrong.  There are great cops and there are bad ones just like in every profession.  We all weren't at the bar that night and don't know what happened so we all shouldn't be saying it's a cop on some power trip.  Dennard seems like a bit of a hot head between this incident and getting kicked out of the bowl game. 

I hope the Patriots organization can somehow work with him on it which I'm sure they will.  I love the pick and think everyone deserves a second chance.  I love the fact that he's a scrappy player and tries to get under the skin of receivers but just hope he doesn't cross that boundry. 

Let's all try to have some fun on this board and have healthy debates but keep personal issues personal.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think it should be noted that all 32 teams passed over this guy several times.  There are plenty of teams who really don't give a rip about some off the field issues (Bengals, Cowboys, etc.) and they didn't seem to think he was worth a 6th round pick.

The talking heads love to tell us how every guy that got arrested could've been a 1st rounder.  I'm beginning to think the easiest way to be considered a first rounder is to get arrested.  Then it's all about how their stock is falling.  I think it's entirely possible NFL teams didn't pick him up because they didn't think he was all that good.  Maybe 4th or 5th round material, I don't know.

But I have trouble believing he dropped from the 2nd to the seventh when plenty of other guys seem to have overcome the same issues and didn't fall very far. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Apparently he missed the 1st 3 games of the season (or something like that) due to injury which may have further compounded the matter. I do get your point though.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I don't know, I just heard Solomon Wilcox talk about this guys ability and how he very well could be the steal of the draft.

• Sections
    Shortcuts