Alfonzo Dennard

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Alfonzo Dennard

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard:
    [QUOTE]His only issue I see is run support and lack of elite speed. This is why I think is perfect for the slot position. If in fact, # 32 gets moved to safety, he will have a chance to compete w/ Allen, Arrington for the slot.. Playing outside, he looks uncomfortable when playing off and doesnt show good balance. When he plays up in press he displays better ability to stay with his man. He needs to get better at getting away from blockers at the next level,but for a 7th rd pick, B.B. def. has talent to work with. Just depends on how well he takes coaching cuz B.B. is brutally honest in his assesments...
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

+1
    He seems better suited to play the slot, or, I would move him to safety and keep McCourty at CB. I think Dennard could be a better safety than Wilson, and either play with Chung or behind him almost immediately if he can learn how to play the position. I think he has the talent base to play safety or slot CB very well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

[QUOTE]Good post nut! I have not researched the incident much, but I do agree that he is probably a hothead and that could be a good thing if B.B. is able to harness it. One thing about B.B. is he is a straight shooter. He will not B.S. with this guy. He will sit him down and explain the oppty that is in front of him and then show off his rings to let him know, he will win regardless and will drop him quick if he effs up!
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

Let's hope it does work out because he is talented.  I remember watching a Nebraska game 2 years ago to check out Prince A. and thought to myself "who is their other corner, he's good."  It was Dennard on the other side.  If he does mess up BB will dump him without a second thought just like he did with Haynesworth.  I haven't heard of Dennard being a problem in the locker room which is a good sign.  Just has to tone it down a bit as far as temper.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : that's because the cowboys and bengals addressed their CB situation in round 1 with claiborn and fitzpatrick.
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]
    What about the etceteras?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: Alfonzo Dennard": [QUOTE]Who knows who was right and who was wrong.  There are great cops and there are bad ones just like in every profession.  We all weren't at the bar that night and don't know what happened so we all shouldn't be saying it's a cop on some power trip.  Dennard seems like a bit of a hot head between this incident and getting kicked out of the bowl game.   I hope the Patriots organization can somehow work with him on it which I'm sure they will.  I love the pick and think everyone deserves a second chance.  I love the fact that he's a scrappy player and tries to get under the skin of receivers but just hope he doesn't cross that boundry.  Let's all try to have some fun on this board and have healthy debates but keep personal issues personal. Posted by PatsNut5480[/QUOTE] Love the avatar. I was at that game and its one of my favorite sports memories. The entire stadium throwing snow in the air. Especially when Bruschi scored. Best 12-0 game I can remember.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : Let's hope it does work out because he is talented.  I remember watching a Nebraska game 2 years ago to check out Prince A. and thought to myself "who is their other corner, he's good."  It was Dennard on the other side.  If he does mess up BB will dump him without a second thought just like he did with Haynesworth.  I haven't heard of Dennard being a problem in the locker room which is a good sign.  Just has to tone it down a bit as far as temper.
    Posted by PatsNut5480[/QUOTE]

Amuka- I'll heed your advice- Prince "A" was my absolute #1 Cornerback in Last Year's Draft...  The G-Men got grand theft able to swipe him at Pick 19 or so...  He was IR'ed most of '11-'12, his 1st & rookie year.  You guys will see that how talented Prince "A" actually is this season...  Same brand of play with Dennard (before trailing off w/ his injury, and further dropping with this incident)- For some reason, these mountain midwest schools (Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska) are churnin' out some REALLY good Secondary Players.  They play TOUGH press pass-coverage, and have no fear to lay the wood on people.  Ya want INTs, equally interspersed with totally blown pass-coverage, and absolutely ZERO feeling that you even need to help anywhere else on the field or in any run support whatsoever...?  Then draft a Corner from the South or Southeast (UCF, USF, Texas, many from U of F, some Alabama schools, etc).

Dennard's lone fallback is that straight true 40 speed...  WhoTH cares?  The skill-sets he DOES possess WILL trump, and inevitably WILL prove as the higher things that'll churn out a more successful DB at the end of the day (Instincts, Awareness, Tough-mindedness, Play Recognition, Hard-charging in all aspects of your game rather than just 1 or 2, etc.).

He's a steal...  Either Dennard was injured, and getting beef from a drunk bar patron knowing that Dennard was gonna be a Professional Football Player in a couple weeks time, And while Jones was steppin' up to the guy giving him sh#t, some p!g came in and made matters worse...inevitably arresting not the actual precursing in-the-wrong party of the entire incident, but the very impassioned guy who was up in arms.

That probably never happens though...

OR: He's on drugs.  Senior Bowl play, Weak Combine, 1st Round-2nd Rd skill trickling off in these past few months, and this Bowl fight + Cop thing.  ZERO issues in 3 other years- Nebraska's a GOOD school, Dennard was a GOOD lockerroom guy, good student on and off the field.  Dennard ain't no a dvmmy- So either cops are sc#m (this goes without saying), and Dennard was dealin' with a lingering injury half this year (which he still was gonna play on, draftablity-wise), OR he's goin' through some very recognizable side effects of some earliest stages of a drug sinking it's fuller and fuller grips into your life.

Being in NE and playing for the no-nonsense NE Patriots is as good an opportunity as anywhere to have the best opportunity to hopefully correct either of these ills.  And the guy WAS a 1st-2nd Rd talent which cost NE a 7th rder...7th Round Draft slots are worthless (in fact, I just few a 3 or 4 of 'em in the garbage when I was vacuuming the house an hour earlier...I think my cat's chewing on 1, too). 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Alfonzo Dennard": Love the avatar. I was at that game and its one of my favorite sports memories. The entire stadium throwing snow in the air. Especially when Bruschi scored. Best 12-0 game I can remember.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Thanks TrueChamp.  I'm jealous you were at that game.  Brings back great memories.  I'll never forget the fans throwing the snow up in the air to the music playing.  This game and the snow game against the Raiders are classics outside of the three superbowls.

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts