Alfonzo Dennard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

Alfonzo Dennard

I saw he just signed a four year contract and made me wonder about his arrest. I have seem multiple articles saying that if he is convicted he could face five years in prison and some large fine, both of which seemed excessive to me.  I am guessing those are the maximum penalties. Can someone tell me what he will most likely get if convicted? Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Alfonzo Dennard

Do u know what the charges are? and the degree of the charges  If so, I can give u an estimate based on NJ law.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard:
    [QUOTE]Do u know what the charges are? and the degree of the charges  If so, I can give u an estimate based on NJ law.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

Assaulting an officer, 3rd degree felony

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Sounds like a good chance of plead down to a misdemeanor assault charge. Don't forget the Kraft money and legal teams will definitely be involved. In fact they may have had that figured out before the decision to draft him was made.

It was an accident? The police officer didn't identify himself? The police officer was using excessive force? What ever the reasonable doubt comes from will be the leverage Krafts team of attorney's will use to get the charges reduced to where there will be no problems.When is the last time one of these Pro athlete's was not allowed a plea option to avoid a long drawn out trial that could go either way.

Plead down,probation,community service, actually will help the team keep a secure handle on him  till he matures if he matures.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's a football player now, that means he'll get a shot to get arrested multiple times. Large fine, probation and, at most, 20 days in jail. Lindsey Lohan went to jail for less than half a day, Dennard will get the same kind of treatment.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

it will be interesting to see if he's good enough right away to play LCB opposite Dowling"

my thoughts as well.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I highly doubt they would have even drafted this guy if they didn't already have a good idea what was going to happen with his charges. As far as how good he is...well, like every other rookie in camp, he will simply have to prove what he has on the field. I can't say I have high hopes for him, but we might get lucky.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Dennard is an intriguing 7th round pick. Yet, the main issue is not going to be where he plays and how often rather is he mature enough to stay on the field without getting into an altercation of some kind? 2 fights (1 on field in a bowl game, 1 off with a police officer) within less than 4 months time shows tremendous bad judgement and poor impulse control at a critically important time in his life just before the draft. This is recipe for self destruction! What I fear is he plays well situationally during the season and then blows up in a playoff game costing the Patriots. I don't know what is going on inside his head but the team better get him some help and hopefully he will accept it so he can manage his emotions.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7953860/new-england-patriots-draft-pick-alfonzo-dennard-supporters

This kid was a team captain....as a sophmore in highschool. Big 10 defensive back of the year in 2011! His coach at Nebraska certainly vouches for him. This has "Steal of the draft" potential written all over it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I liked what I saw from him better than what I saw from our second round safety/corner.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

"That isn't who he is, that's never been who he is, and that's not going to be who he is in the future," Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said. "And I put my reputation, and I put everything I stand for as a football coach behind that young man.

Certainly a glowing endorsement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]"That isn't who he is, that's never been who he is, and that's not going to be who he is in the future," Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said. "And I put my reputation, and I put everything I stand for as a football coach behind that young man. Certainly a glowing endorsement.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Ok. That is a great endorsement from someone who knows him. Perhaps, I have been too cautious about his behavior?

It will be interesting to see how his career compares with another highly touted but troubled CB from the draft, Janoris Jenkins? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : Ok. That is a great endorsement from someone who knows him. Perhaps, I have been too cautious about his behavior? It will be interesting to see how his career compares with another highly touted but troubled CB from the draft, Janoris Jenkins
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]
    I should preface this by saying that I do like Dennard, like some have said here he shows good press skills and isn't clueless with the ball in the air, he has a pro-ready frame and should be able to contribute like a 2nd rounder.  But no, I don't see the same type of mirror or quick twitch skills that Jenkins displayed at UF, IMO if we're talking pure coverage ability in a straight up cover-1 design, Jenkins has the best athletic skills since Revis came out a few years back.  Will he be as good as Revis?  No idea, but his skills are phenominal.  I do like Dennard alot though, IF he, Dowling, and Dev can stay healthy it should pair quite nicely with Arrington.  At the risk of being optimistic, on paper the secondary should be able to hold their own this season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

We'll see.  I like what I've heard about him and the little I've seen, but there's been a parade of DBs who haven't quite panned out for the Pats so I think it's a bit premature to get one's hopes up too high.  Anytime someone starts raving about the potential of a young corner in preseason, I can't help thinking about all the people who were trying to convince us during the 2010 preseason that Darius Butler was going to be a premier starter in the coming year.   

At this point, a sober look at our secondary says it is not clearly improved, though there's potential for it to be better if some of the players who were hurt or not on the team last year play well.  But until they get on the field, I'm refraining from predictions or too much rosy optimism.  Names like Butler, Wheatley, and Wilhite are far too fresh in my mind for that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

I just want to point out i am the one predraft who said we should draft him late in the draft, clearly great minds think alike (mine and bills) lol

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Pro, I think it all depends on our pass rush being improved. Lets face it, the only positive I can think of is Ras I coming back healthy. Other than that we have McCourty who took a big step back and noone knows if he plays CB or S next year. We have Moore who played well in spurts but is unproven. The Cole kid from the Jets who has been mainly a dime back with a little playing time last year. We have Will Allen who is a solid vet but nothing special and could be released. Then we have this Dennard kid as well as Tayvon who can play CB. I think we have to look for improvements in our pass rush to expect a good secondary. We just have bodies now and our most consistent guy was Arrington who was a career special teamer 2 years ago. If you watch how Dennard plays, he will need a good pass rush playing here as he shows a great jam and trail technique but would be burnt often at the next level with no safety help unless the rush gets their quick. So lets hope guys like Bequette, Jones and Hightower can help with that.
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

Good points . . . I do think a better pass rush will really help.  Again, there are some promising signs of possible improvement, but we need to see these guys on the field.  We've lost Carter (Andre) and Anderson.  Whether Jones and Markel Carter and some of the other guys will give us immediate improvement is yet to be seen. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

umm

just googled his 40yd dash - 1 was 4.55 but
    the others said 4.4 and 4.5 on shuttle

so if he has great ball skills, tackles -
    I don't see why he is only a slot cb.

btw - I still have not forgiven AS for the SB drop
    everything changed with it -
    Pats -greatest team all time
    TB -greatest QB all time
    Eli may get booted off Giants
          doesn't get big contract
    Coughlin doesn't make it to 2nd SB

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

See this kid as a potential nickel and dime player. I would not want to press him into starter corner duties just yet. Rookie CBs almost always get burnt. There are exceptions (Deion,Champ, Haynes) , but those exceptions are few and far between. I also want to see who (McCourty?) lands the FS spot before I pencil in the starting CBs.

For the record, I want to see Hightower, Jones, and Bequette signed because it's always nice to have a complementary pass rush for the secondary.

Sections
Shortcuts