Alfonzo Dennard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Alfonzo Dennard

Is the dude still alive?  He's 22, how the hell can a pulled hammy keep a 22 year old out for so long???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Alfonzo Dennard

It's like Vereen last year. I fear we'll never see the guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

He's over my pad right now.  We're gunna smoke a J and go fight some cops.  You down?... not funny? sorry.

I think they're going to bring him a long slowly regardless.  I think he might be watching ridiculous amounts of tape. 

I think the Pats have decided to let him heal 100%, because as of right now they have Dowling, McCourty, Arrington and Moore as the 1-4 options.  He'll be lined up for more of an emergency type role if injuries strike.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard:
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Exactly what I was thinking pro.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He's over my pad right now.  We're gunna smoke a J and go fight some cops.  You down?... not funny? sorry. I think they're going to bring him a long slowly regardless.  I think he might be watching ridiculous amounts of tape.  I think the Pats have decided to let him heal 100%, because as of right now they have Dowling, McCourty, Arrington and Moore as the 1-4 options.  He'll be lined up for more of an emergency type role if injuries strike.  
    Posted by Getzo

Nicccccccccce Getzo. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Alfonzo Dennard:
    Is the dude still alive?  He's 22, how the hell can a pulled hammy keep a 22 year old out for so long???
    Posted by tcal2-

You cant be very old! Hamstrings are notoriously problematic... some take much longer to heal than others and it is hard to say which ones will have extended problems. THey also tend to reoccur of not properly healed. One contributing issue in when they do first occur is whether the player is in good enough shape and whether they have properly, sufficiently stretched. But even then...

It is not a matter of the players age. Being 22 does not mean a thing here.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Reiss was saying that the Patriots might try to get him through to the practice squad

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Posted by prolate0spheroid

I smell practice squad for him this year...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : I smell practice squad for him this year...
    Posted by tanbass

The team will carry him on the active roster as long as they can in hopes of his contribution. But if they need the roster spot he will not clear waivers....destined to be IR'ed, put on shelf for next year...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

No way he clears waivers. I don't think the Pats will try and sneak him in there either. Maybe a year to get himself together on IR and deal with his legal problems isn't necessarily a bad thing for him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

He won't clear waivers, if they try to put him on the practice squad he's gone. This guy should be a good player too. Hamstring injuries linger and have to heal or they happen over and over. IMO they shouldn't take the chance. Use a roster spot or IR him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

so, he can be placed on PUP and not play for first 6 games, correct? I don't remember all these rules. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I'd bet that he's back soon, before week one. Really like this guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

so, he can be placed on PUP and not play for first 6 games, correct? I don't remember all these rules. 
    Posted by anonymis

Any player that has practiced even ONCE is NOT eligible for PUP....Since he was injured on the second day of camp, he is NOT eligible for PUP.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I agree with everyone who thinks he won't clear waivers.  I was stoked too see the kid play but I'm thinking if he's not back by next week he's getting Red Shirt'ed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard :   The team will carry him on the active roster as long as they can in hopes of his contribution. But if they need the roster spot he will not clear waivers....destined to be IR'ed, put on shelf for next year...
    Posted by part-timer

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard :   The team will carry him on the active roster as long as they can in hopes of his contribution. But if they need the roster spot he will not clear waivers....destined to be IR'ed, put on shelf for next year...
    Posted by part-timer

Pats have the cap space to put him on IR whereas the Giants did not have the cap space for Ballard and took the risk to practice squad him. This clearly shows the value of knowing how to manage the cap to build the squad over the long term.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

I pulled a hammy in front of the computer.......2 minutes later i was Stretching it out and back to what i was doing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I pulled a hammy in front of the computer.......2 minutes later i was Stretching it out and back to what i was doing.
    Posted by No-Mercy-Defence

Resilient. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : Any player that has practiced even ONCE is NOT eligible for PUP....Since he was injured on the second day of camp, he is NOT eligible for PUP.
    Posted by part-timer

Doesn't this seem to happen every year? A player always seems to get injured either the 1st or 2nd day of camp for us and we can't toss them on the PuP. I always thought that was a silly rule. It should extend to the 1st preseason game.

But there is also the 1 time short term IR this year. Don't forget there is a new rule where once a year you can stick a player on IR and pull him off after 8 weeks if you want. The only catch is they can't practice in 6 of the 8 weeks, it's a one time deal, and the person has to be on the 53 man squad before he can be placed on this special IR

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In response to "Re: Alfonzo Dennard":
    I pulled a hammy in front of the computer.......2 minutes later i was Stretching it out and back to what i was doing. Posted by No-Mercy-Defence
    Impressive !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In Response to Alfonzo Dennard:
    Posted by tcal2-

Evidently you've never had one pop on you. It's a really weird feeling, & later it masks being fully healed very well. It's why there are so many times it's incorrectly called another injury, when it's actually just the same injury that didn't heal 100% resurfacing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : Doesn't this seem to happen every year? A player always seems to get injured either the 1st or 2nd day of camp for us and we can't toss them on the PuP. I always thought that was a silly rule. It should extend to the 1st preseason game. But there is also the 1 time short term IR this year. Don't forget there is a new rule where once a year you can stick a player on IR and pull him off after 8 weeks if you want. The only catch is they can't practice in 6 of the 8 weeks, it's a one time deal, and the person has to be on the 53 man squad before he can be placed on this special IR
    Posted by PatsEng

It does happen every year and it's too bad because you'd like to be able to get one of these younger guys back later in the year when we need guys....rather than signing guys off the street. Some people were saying that Dennard was looking like one of the best corners we had out there early in camp (which really doesn't mean anything), but it will be tough for him to play this year if he's not back real soon. 

Sections
Shortcuts