All aboard the jets bandwagon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gt281ci. Show gt281ci's posts

All aboard the jets bandwagon

i cant stand people from ny! i cant stand the fact that you have 3 football teams and that you all just board the bandwagon when 1 of them is playing good football. i think its funny that bills and giants fans are now jets fans. the jets are playing great football but they will allways have fair-weather fans

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruggie23. Show ruggie23's posts

Re: All aboard the jets bandwagon

yeah like my fellow pats fans this year........that started to drop off the face of the earth when the pats faltered at the end of the year....Season ticket holders opting not to buy playoff tickets......available tickets till the day of the game.....let everyone get this through their sculls......when it comes down to it we are all fair weather fans......when the Pats were 1-15 we couldn't fill the stadium in the regular season resulting in Blackouts galore for the local pats broadcast......but then they got good when Parcells and Bledsoe got here and they have been a solid franchise since and they have sold out since.....if the pats were to fall into a few losing seasons in a row it blackouts again, no wait for season tickets, and they would be the 4th favorite team in the city.......we in Boston think we are a better fan than everywhere else and it is simply not true.....we have been blessed with great teams for the better part of a decade.......so we sometimes forget what it was like to have bad team.....5 years ago you could walk to the gate at 7:00 and get tickets for the celts.....now you can't because they're a great team.....Even the Sox didn't sell out in the 90's when they had a series of mediocre teams.....we too like every fan of a team in the world for any sport are also fair weather fans....its just been a time since we were on the losing side!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"i cant stand people from ny! i cant stand the fact that you have 3 football teams and that you all just board the bandwagon when 1 of them is playing good football"

Which 3 NY teams? The Buffalo Bills and who?
    Fordham and Syracuse?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

The Jets are playing well. So much of the playoffs is about momentum. There is really no knocking the Jets. They are a good team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff-bagwell. Show jeff-bagwell's posts

The following is one of the best, most up-front and honest evals I have ever heard from a Boston fan....A rare one who gets it!

That said - J-E-T-S jetsjetsjets! 

yeah like my fellow pats fans this year........that started to drop off the face of the earth when the pats faltered at the end of the year....Season ticket holders opting not to buy playoff tickets......available tickets till the day of the game.....let everyone get this through their sculls......when it comes down to it we are all fair weather fans......when the Pats were 1-15 we couldn't fill the stadium in the regular season resulting in Blackouts galore for the local pats broadcast......but then they got good when Parcells and Bledsoe got here and they have been a solid franchise since and they have sold out since.....if the pats were to fall into a few losing seasons in a row it blackouts again, no wait for season tickets, and they would be the 4th favorite team in the city.......we in Boston think we are a better fan than everywhere else and it is simply not true.....we have been blessed with great teams for the better part of a decade.......so we sometimes forget what it was like to have bad team.....5 years ago you could walk to the gate at 7:00 and get tickets for the celts.....now you can't because they're a great team.....Even the Sox didn't sell out in the 90's when they had a series of mediocre teams.....we too like every fan of a team in the world for any sport are also fair weather fans....its just been a time since we were on the losing side!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Please take into account that the PRICES of Tickets are MUCH Higher these days then they use to be!  (@ruggie23)
    This is a MAIN Reason why season tickets simply can't afford to go to ALL the games like they use to.
    You can be as DIE-Hard as you want - but if folks can't afford it - they can't afford it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruggie23. Show ruggie23's posts

While i agree money is much more tight now than five years ago i am willing to bet that if the pats were 14-2 or 13-3 and steamrolling teams......season ticket holders would have found the money to got to the playoff games.....hey I'm a die-hard pats fan and i have only been to one game in the last ten years.....i too simply can't afford to go to any games not to mention the have been the hardest ticket to get this decade.....if it were 5 years ago in the hay day of this dynasty their would have been no problem selling tickets for a playoff game period....people would have found a way to pay for them.....my post was more an indictment on fans like the original poster who think we are some how better than every other fan in the world and that is simply not true and we are not.....when i comes down to it we are all the same and looking for a winner and will support a team more when they win and less when they lose.....and every city, not just Boston, has fans who stick around even when the team is bad because they love the game.......and the sad thing is i think i will be rooting for the Jets this weekend because i hate the Colts ....and in fact if the Super Bowl is Jets vs. Vikings, i will be wearing a green Jets fireman hat and chanting J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS because i EFFING hate Brett Favre with a passion so much as to root for the Jets.....it just sickens me to think of that!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts